MKV > MP4

Go to solution Solved by Wtalk2,

Handbrake works great for converting video files :)

I have a bunch of.mkv files my friend gave me of his vacation to Europe and I can't watch them on my phone, I want to change them all to mp4 because that's my file of choice and it works on all of my devices without having to need a separate media payer. Thanks, I have premiere and it will no allow me to drop in the mkv file and it would take a long time unless there is automation (like photoshop) as there are 11 files.

why do that just download VLC, that is most likely the easiest thing to do

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Use Freemake Video Converter:http://www.freemake.com/download?id=FreemakeVideoConverter.exe

Just be sure to go through the installation carefully as there are some bloatware included in the installation if you don't decline them.

I have it and converts and merges video files pretty quickly imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

IIRC there is an app called either GGplayer or QQplayer and it can play mkv's (or almost every common file I think) and it has a media scan and directory selection feature.

Error: 410

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I want them in mp4, not a recommendation for an mkv supported media player. I'll try handbrake right now. 

Thanks handbrake works well, but does crash quite a bit :P It also lets me make a queue which helps so much, thanks :)

Thanks handbrake works well, but does crash quite a bit :P It also lets me make a queue which helps so much, thanks :)

No problem, glad I could help :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M