Is this R9 290 hashrate good?

So I just looked at my scrypt miner client and I was astonished at what I saw. My Reference R9 290 is getting on average around 1 M/hash. This is without any overclocks. I was wondering what everybody thought about this, I had no idea this is possible. Here is some proof.  :o http://prntscr.com/3a14gf

So..

where's the proof?

Sorry I forgot to include it, I put a link on the main post.

That is a great hash rate for a 290. My reference was only getting 800-900 tops

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

O_O, OC that and see if you get a better hash, that's a God-like 290 you've got there.

I'm mining Scrypt-N with 280Xs, I'm just so astonished to see that you can get your hash so high, and only at stock!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

O_O, OC that and see if you get a better hash, that's a God-like 290 you've got there.

I'm mining Scrypt-N with 280Xs, I'm just so astonished to see that you can get your hash so high, and only at stock!

You know the weird thing is that if I touch any of the settings or change them from stock the hash rate actually goes down but it performs better in games, Silly R9 290. I am planning on water cooling it in about a month because this stock cooler is just pathetic to see what kind of OC I can get out of this space heater.

Mining will die soon just you wait :D

Yes it may well die soon but why not reap the benefits of it while it is still feasible. I have made a few hundred usd already and I am not complaining. Once it does die out I will still have a nice gaming card; which is what I bought it for in the first place.

Uhh.. no.

Mining with SHA-256/SCRYPT? Yes.

Mining with Scrypt-N / X11 / Scrypt-JaNE? No.

Hey.

You know the weird thing is that if I touch any of the settings or change them from stock the hash rate actually goes down but it performs better in games, Silly R9 290. I am planning on water cooling it in about a month because this stock cooler is just pathetic to see what kind of OC I can get out of this space heater.

For gaming go ahead, but if your thinking of water cooling for mining than your wasting your money, really. 

xD Silly person :P

Uhh.. no.

Mining with SHA-256/SCRYPT? Yes.

Mining with Scrypt-N / X11 / Scrypt-JaNE? No.

Pretty much. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

For gaming go ahead, but if your thinking of water cooling for mining than your wasting your money, really. 

xD Silly person :P

Pretty much. 

I plan on water cooling because sometime this summer hopefully when a reference R9 290 can be found for around $400 which is what I got mine for I will be settings up crossfire and then I plan to invest on a 4k monitor near the end of the year. I would not be able to stand the sound of R9 290 crossfire without water. I was never really sensitive to the sound my pc made but this card completely changed my mind LOL. And yes mining is just a side thing that I do while I am not gaming.

I plan on water cooling because sometime this summer hopefully when a reference R9 290 can be found for around $400 which is what I got mine for I will be settings up crossfire and then I plan to invest on a 4k monitor near the end of the year. I would not be able to stand the sound of R9 290 crossfire without water. I was never really sensitive to the sound my pc made but this card completely changed my mind LOL. And yes mining is just a side thing that I do while I am not gaming.

Than go for it, are you going to get another reference and WC that too? Or just get a non-ref and have some peace of mind?

Than go for it, are you going to get another reference and WC that too? Or just get a non-ref and have some peace of mind?

I was planning on getting another reference because different PCB layouts would look weird and I would get all OCD about it. Although do you think it would be better to go with a non reference? I thought that for liquid cooling it needed a reference PCB.

I was planning on getting another reference because different PCB layouts would look weird and I would get all OCD about it. Although do you think it would be better to go with a non reference? I thought that for liquid cooling it needed a reference PCB.

Yeh if you want it to look and OC better and be cooler than you could get another reference and WC it, but then again you could just get two backplates and just get a non-ref card. For consistency's sake I recommend you get a ref and WC them both, that way they are both the exact same card, and if you want you can get a shmick looking backplate to have an awesome setup. 

snip

mining is a cancer on the industry 

Yeh if you want it to look and OC better and be cooler than you could get another reference and WC it, but then again you could just get two backplates and just get a non-ref card. For consistency's sake I recommend you get a ref and WC them both, that way they are both the exact same card, and if you want you can get a shmick looking backplate to have an awesome setup. 

Yea thats what I planned on doing. I just have to hope I can find a new or lightly used sapphire one on ebay in 4 months time. I guess I will move over to the water cooling sub forum to ask them some questions. Thanks.

On "the industry"? Makes sense. Also why mining, why not cryptos?? You don't seem to know much about them so Idk why you are hating on mining. 

Yea thats what I planned on doing. I just have to hope I can find a new or lightly used sapphire one on ebay in 4 months time. I guess I will move over to the water cooling sub forum to ask them some questions. Thanks.

Awesome, hope all goes well :D

You are a cancer in this thread....but seriously you can stop being butt-hurt about GPU prices already.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Guys will a 780ti be better?? at hashrate that is...

NO, not at all. nvidia cards are really bad for mining. 

You are a cancer in this thread....but seriously you can stop being butt-hurt about GPU prices already.

Attack me? My I bet you feel so awesome. 

Guys will a 780ti be better?? at hashrate that is...

No. Better in games worse in mining. 

Attack me? My I bet you feel so awesome. 

you're saying some really silly and irrational things, what do you expect?

I'm getting the vibe mining killed your dog or something

Error: 410

Very nice rates. I got 2x MSI R9 290's and I get about 875-ish with sgminer.

But for some weird reason on the stratehm.net (used it to track mining while mining on middlecoin, changed back to hashcows now), I get rates of 1.16MH/s, not really sure which one to believe :P

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best!