My mothers laptop. hnnnnggg.

Bad@Gaming

My mothers laptop is extremely slow. So I decided to take an in-depth look at it today. It's an old dell inspiron 1545. 250GB HDD space, pentium dual core CPU, 2GB's memory. 

It is in a constant state of using 75% of the memory because of idle windows 7 usage. I found some expendable files (Some random movies that we have on DVD that did not need to be eating up HDD space, windows update backups, ect).

Then I found the source of the badness. C:/Users/*user*/pictures/

My mother takes lots of photos.

Two.

Hundred.

Gigabytes.

Literally 80% of the hard drive is one folder. 80%

I think I'm going to recommend getting a 1TB external HDD and then backup all these photos to it and then recommend possibly digging a 20ft pit in the backyard and bury the laptop.

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

Photos of what?

probably nature and stuff, possibly professional photography where the pictures are high res and take up a lot of space. 

JtCh78G.gif

Error: 410

probably nature and stuff, possibly professional photography where the pictures are high res and take up a lot of space. 

"nature"

you should show your mom the magic rectangles called ssd's

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

you should show your mom the magic rectangles called ssd's

lel

When I built my first PC I upgraded from a 5 year old 7200 RPM HDD to an SSD.

tumblr_lhinnbLf3V1qe3twro1_500.gif

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

Hey my mothers laptop has vista with 1gb ram, at all times it has less then 100mb free and yes it overflows when i try to improve my paint skills.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I feel like this has sexual connotation to it...

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If she uses all that space for pictures and such, and doesn't have more than one place for disk drives, I'd get her to get some more RAM, and a nice 7200RPM drive. Maybe a hybrid if you're feeling fancy, but hitatchi makes a damn good traditional 1TB 2.5mm hard drive that is almost as fast in most things and about 70 bucks or so in the US. Some more RAM will help with general snappyness, and the hard drive will help with responsiveness, as well as give her a lot more room to breathe. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

These laptops are still pretty decent these days i would recommend a clean os install on a new 7200 rpm disk or a ssd.

And if you have the budget get something to store the pictures on and that serves as a backup