Are there any decent phones with a keyboard left?

MG2R

I'm offering at least one like for (s)he who brings me the

name of a phone with following features:

• Proper keyboard, preferably QWERTY, but that
    isn't set in stone
  • Dual SIM, business tasks take business features
  • Decent build quality, drops from tables may occur
    in daily use
  • Preferably 4G ready
  • Battery life of at least two days
  • Won't buy with contract, must be available carrier
    independent.

Do phone manufacturers even build decent phones

anymore?

As a reference: I'm currently using the Blackberry Q10.

Apart from the software, it's an awesome piece of tech

with decent build quality. I'd like a dual SIM version,

though.

Battery life of at least two days

This will be very had to find.

what country are you  from

do you mind if you have to buy it with contract ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

what country are you  from

do you mind if you have to buy it with contract ?

Belgium, carrier independent phones are a must, updated OP

This will be very had to find.

The Q10 goes for nearly three on a reasonable load. I don't see how it can be THAT hard.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_515-5663.php Nice phone with a keyboard, doesn't fit any orther requirements.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Nokia has some asha phones with dual Sim and keyboard, no 4g though.

http://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_asha_210-5417.php

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Good luck with the dual sim requirement.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Fact is that physical keyboards don't sell anymore so they stopped making them. I can't even find ONE phone that is vaguely recent that meets your requirements. :/

You're probably just going to have to get used to a touchscreen I think...

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

How is the q10? I've been thinking about picking one up for myself

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Belgium, carrier independent phones are a must, updated OP

The Q10 goes for nearly three on a reasonable load. I don't see how it can be THAT hard.

sorry they dont exist

the ones that arnt carrier dependent are  (either 4.0 or 4.1) and most of them are CDMA or have only 1 sim slot

i cant even find Chinese knockoffs that fit that criteria

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/03/top-7-android-smartphones-physical-qwerty-keyboards/

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/15/5104704/i-come-not-to-praise-qwerty-but-to-bury-it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The one I posted (asha 210) fits all op criteria except 4g but it is a cheap phone compared to the q10. But I guess he could get one of those and a tablet.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

You might want to clarify a few things. Like why you need a dual sim to do business.

Also phone companies make amazing phones. Hardly any make them with physical keyboards because they're antiquated.

I used to be the biggest proponent of physical keyboards, but with the software based ones you can get now they just don't compare.

Blackberry makes the only decent one. So, if they don't have what you need, shop elsewhere.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So, it's as I suspected... Nothing on the market today comes

even close to what I search in a phone. Too bad, I'll just have

to make do with what's available for now, then.

Thanks to everyone that responded. Should anyone else

have contributions, please do share! :)

You're probably just going to have to get used to a touchscreen I think...

Tried and failed miserably. I hate touch screen and no matter

what gets shoved into my hands, I've never touched (get it? ;) )

anything that comes even close to the experience a physical

keyboard gives.

How is the q10? I've been thinking about picking one up for myself

Actually, it's a pretty decent machine. One major fault is the

quite fragile SIM card reader, have read many reports about

the tray into which you slide the SIM card coming loose from

the PCB. Other than that a very lovely phone.

The OS needs some work, and apps aren't as readily

available as on other platforms, but the OS has some features

that I loved instantly.

A bit pricey, though. I bought it second hand and guess how

the SIM card tray is doing? ;)

You might want to clarify a few things. Like why you need a dual sim to do business.

Also phone companies make amazing phones. Hardly any make them with physical keyboards because they're antiquated.

I used to be the biggest proponent of physical keyboards, but with the software based ones you can get now they just don't compare.

Blackberry makes the only decent one. So, if they don't have what you need, shop elsewhere.

I like to keep work and private life as separate as possible.

I don't get why dual SIM phones aren't a thing anymore.

I don't care what anyone says, nor how much flack I get

about it, but I think every software keyboard under the sun

is inferior to a decent physical one. I used to have a Nokia

E 71, now I have a Q10. Both of them had a splendid key-

board. Man, if only someone re-released the E71 with a

better processor and dual SIM. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

The one I posted (asha 210) fits all op criteria except 4g but it is a cheap phone compared to the q10. But I guess he could get one of those and a tablet.

Welp, I overlooked your contirbution, sorry! Let me take a look at these Asha things :)

EDIT: According to http://www.nokia.com/be-nl/toestellen/toestel/asha210/specificaties/ the Asha 210 doesn't have dual SIM. Apart from that, it doesn't seem that ruggedly built. Have not touched it, so can't really say for sure.

The Samsung galaxy captivate glide is a fairly good phone. Runs on a Tegra 2 processor. Doesn't have 4G, but you can find it on ebay for $150. Even has stock update to 4.1.1 (I think) (although the unlocked ones you find on ebay have been rooted and so you gotta manually update them).

Source: I got my mum one after she needed an update and wanted a physical keyboard. Despite being Tegra 2, the phone runs smoother than my Tegra 3 One X+.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The Samsung galaxy captivate glide is a fairly good phone.

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to have dual SIM capabilities. Other then that, it might've been an option.

I might just end up buying a second Q10. One for work, and one for personal use... That does seem wasteful, though.

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to have dual SIM capabilities. Other then that, it might've been an option.

I might just end up buying a second Q10. One for work, and one for personal use... That does seem wasteful, though.

Maybe just try touchscreen again? You can get a dual SIM HTC butterfly/desire/One M7 I believe. The default Sense on-screen keyboard is excellent, and there's always others like the Google and swiftkey keyboards to try out. It won't be like typing on a physical keypad, but there's always the vibration feedback and you'll get use to it within a week like most of the planet.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Welp, I overlooked your contirbution, sorry! Let me take a look at these Asha things :)

EDIT: According to http://www.nokia.com/be-nl/toestellen/toestel/asha210/specificaties/ the Asha 210 doesn't have dual SIM. Apart from that, it doesn't seem that ruggedly built. Have not touched it, so can't really say for sure.

I think the dual sim is available only in some countries, you should check in yours if it is available. It it a tough phone (it will survive drops) but it is all made of plastic so it will get scratches. But you have to keep in mind it is a budget phone so it will not have great hardware or software.

If i were you i'd keep the q10 but if you really need dual sim, this is about it.

Main PC:

Netbook:

Try this http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_merge-3739.php not the fastest phone and no dual sim capabilities but fits most of your other requirements.

I'm offering at least one like for (s)he who brings me the

name of a phone with following features:

• Proper keyboard, preferably QWERTY, but that
    isn't set in stone
  • Dual SIM, business tasks take business features
  • Decent build quality, drops from tables may occur
    in daily use
  • Preferably 4G ready
  • Battery life of at least two days
  • Won't buy with contract, must be available carrier
    independent.

anymore?

As a reference: I'm currently using the Blackberry Q10.

Apart from the software, it's an awesome piece of tech

with decent build quality. I'd like a dual SIM version,

though.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

The Note 3 has arguably the best battery life on a phone, will last about 3 days on a full charge...

Saying software keyboards are inferior to hardware keyboards is patently false. I have never used a hardware keyboard that is faster of easier to use than a software one. Hardware keyboards have the following problems:

- key switches fail

- key switches lose tactility

- keyboard shortcuts are arbitrary and cumbersome

- auto-correction is terrible

- complete lack of prediction

- keys are either to small in order to separate themselves from each other, or keys are too close when trying to increase key surface area

- overall slower due to gesture typing being on software keyboards

Ex-Blackberry users are always the most reluctant to switch, but 9 times out of 10 they realise that software keyboards are better in every single way after a very short period of time. Hardware keyboards require a physical configuration that limits screen size and screen orientation, it's just bad. I find Blackberry keyboards to feel like sh*t and have seen them fail, too.

Just accept change for the better and embrace software keyboards, you will open up your options considerably. Once you use something like Swiftkey on Android, you will never look back.

anymore?

Yes. The dual sim HTC One is a good candidate, I'm not sure if the M8 comes in a dual sim version yet. Poor battery life is still an inherant problem of thin form factor smart phones that require a lot of power for their size. If you want really good battery life then the dual sim Galaxy Note 3 are probably the best option, but the size can take getting used to. If you want to use the phone for business, you would probably appreciate the large screen and multitasking abilities the phone has. having a larger screen makes the typing experience even better, too. It's also build pretty well.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I have never used a hardware keyboard that is faster of easier to use than a software one.

Well, that may be your experience, but mine has been different.

Ex-Blackberry users are always the most reluctant to switch

The Q10 is actually my first Blackberry ever ;)

<lots of fairly subjective points about physical vs touch keyboards>

I get it, you want me to switch, I'm not here to start yet another argument about this... Many a people have tried to convince me of the superiority of touch. It does have its merits, but those, to me, do not even slightly outweigh the advantages of physical buttons.

Well, that may be your experience, but mine has been different.

The Q10 is actually my first Blackberry ever ;)

I get it, you want me to switch, I'm not here to start yet another argument about this... Many a people have tried to convince me of the superiority of touch. It does have its merits, but those, to me, do not even slightly outweigh the advantages of physical buttons.

They were objective, but if you want to deny them to make yourself feel better, that's your choice. If physical keyboards were really better there'd be a lot of them based on demand, but there arent. They are dead. Sorry, the phone you want doesn't exist. I think your length and range of experience with software keyboards is too limited to rule them out as worse. Good luck!...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

They were objective, but if you want to deny them to make yourself feel better, that's your choice. If physical keyboards were really better there'd be a lot of them based on demand, but there arent. They are dead. Sorry, the phone you want doesn't exist. I think your length and range of experience with software keyboards is too limited to rule them out as worse. Good luck!...

+1

OP, sorry bro, but you just need to suck it up and get used to a touchscreen like everyone else.