Battlefield 4 - Death Shield Bug (I wonder how many of us have unknowingly experienced this?)

Askew

So, Jackfrags has posted a pretty big bug in BF4.

If a player is dead but still in a revivable state, their standing hitbox is still active above the body and will deflect damage and bounce bullets, vehicle weapons, grenades and rockets.

I wonder how many times this has happened to me and I've not known what it was..

That is some bullshit right there.

Been there, done that.

Does it matter? No, We all know BF4 is completely broken...

And I hope DICE gets this fixed... Inb4 the very unbalanced hate to the devs. They're humans like you and me.

Can't believe this kind of bugs are in a AAA title.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

The game is a complete wreck. I can't play it without it crashing.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

This bug is beyond disgusting. Wth is wrong with this game? EA you have brought me many games I have liked but wth is wrong with BF4?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" - EA

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

pos bf4

seriously is battlefield actually fixable ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Been there, done that.

Does it matter? No, We all know BF4 is completely broken...

And I hope DICE gets this fixed... Inb4 the very unbalanced hate to the devs. They're humans like you and me.

How is it completely broken? Did you even play it ?

Jackfrags didn't discover it.

This bug was posted way back in December 2013 on Youtube and many many many times on Battlelog.

Jack just scours forums and Youtube looking for stuff to take credit for and gains an increase in subscribers and Youtube views as a result.

once upon a time he actually gave credit for things he posted in videos but that didn't do anything for his popularity

so he pretty much just takes credit for everything "He finds" now.

He never found the Megaldon either, that was found by a reddit user.  Many of the puzzles DICE placed in BF4 were solved

by Reddit users and others,  Jack takes them and make a video and voila.  He's gets credit.

Hopefully it gets fixed with the increased attention to the issue because most times when Metro and Locker players

ask DICE on Battlelog to look into the issue the thread gets shut down by idiots calling Metro and Locker crappy maps....clusterf#$%

stat padding ,  play something else ... blah blah blah.

Jackfrags didn't discover it.

This bug was posted way back in December 2013 on Youtube and many many many times on Battlelog.

Jack just scours forums and Youtube looking for stuff to take credit for and gains an increase in subscribers and Youtube views as a result.

once upon a time he actually gave credit for things he posted in videos but that didn't do anything for his popularity

so he pretty much just takes credit for everything "He finds" now.

He never found the Megaldon either, that was found by a reddit user.  Many of the puzzles DICE placed in BF4 were solved

by Reddit users and others,  Jack takes them and make a video and voila.  He's gets credit.

Hopefully it gets fixed with the increased attention to the issue because most times when Metro and Locker players

ask DICE on Battlelog to look into the issue the thread gets shut down by idiots calling Metro and Locker crappy maps....clusterf#$%

stat padding ,  play something else ... blah blah blah.

You can't post something like that with 0 evidence, there needs to be links to OPs.

You can't post something like that with 0 evidence, there needs to be links to OPs.

I'm not going to dig through 6 months of Battlelog posts to find them.

I'm a big Metro/Locker player (32 player and under, not the clustercluck 64 ones) and have participated in many threads complaining about nades bouncing off downed players.

This video posted way back in December 2013 incorrectly identified it as a "Netcode" issue but it has been correctly identified in Battlelog posts

the same issue occurs with invisible walls appearing around destroyed objects,  DICE is aware of the issue at least with the destroyed objects.

Like I said, Jack once upon a time gave credit for discoveries, but now does not because the video views and subscriber bump he gets

when he does not is much greater.....  He's profiting off other people's work.

One of the towers in Dawnbreaker has large invisible walls sticking out of it also.  Anyone who's flown chopper on that map enough know all about them.

I'm sure Jack will "Discover" that soon enough and everyone will be patting him on that back for that.

I'm not going to dig through 6 months of Battlelog posts to find them.

I'm a big Metro/Locker player (32 player and under, not the clustercluck 64 ones) and have participated in many threads complaining about nades bouncing off downed players.

This video posted way back in December 2013 incorrectly identified it as a "Netcode" issue but it has been correctly identified in Battlelog posts

the same issue occurs with invisible walls appearing around destroyed objects,  DICE is aware of the issue at least with the destroyed objects.

Like I said, Jack once upon a time gave credit for discoveries, but now does not because the video views and subscriber bump he gets

when he does not is much greater.....  He's profiting off other people's work.

One of the towers in Dawnbreaker has large invisible walls sticking out of it also.  Anyone who's flown chopper on that map enough know all about them.

I'm sure Jack will "Discover" that soon enough and everyone will be patting him on that back for that.

Interesting, I wasn't saying it wasn't plausible, but evidence is needed when accusing someone.

To be honest it makes a lot of sense for his behaviour to be as you say it is because money is involved, maybe the next time he makes a video like this I'll have look about on the Battlelog forums that day and see if anyone posts any links of old OPs.

I've changed the OP to say 'posted' rather than discovered for now, although I still don't concur completely because whoever found it first doesn't seem to have known what they were dealing with.

They dont even have that in the TOP issue TRACKER.

NOOBS. :angry:

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Interesting, I wasn't saying it wasn't plausible, but evidence is needed when accusing someone.

To be honest it makes a lot of sense for his behaviour to be as you say it is because money is involved, maybe the next time he makes a video like this I'll have look about on the Battlelog forums that day and see if anyone posts any links of old OPs.

I've changed the OP to say 'posted' rather than discovered for now, although I still don't concur completely because whoever found it first doesn't seem to have known what they were dealing with.

The same thing happened with the Megaladon that Jack "Found", the clues were actually put together by someone else on Reddit and Jack and his other Youtube buddies

slapped together a video several hours later staking claim on it.

Numerous easter eggs Jack claimed to have found were again, found by other people.

It's pretty obvious by now, How is it that Jackfrags out of the thousands upon thousands of people playing BF4 and hunting for easter eggs and working to solve puzzles

it's ALWAYS Jack that manages to find them or solve the puzzles?

Like I said, he actually used to give credit for things in the beginning but later on after his subscribers many of which suffering from idle worship

kept crediting him for the discoveries, he figured out that it was more profitable to stop giving credit and take it for himself.

His subscribers will of course stick up for him regardless,  kinda the way FrankieIn1080P got away with his hacking. 

I call it the Chester and Spike Syndrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgfPHP1w0I

kinda the way FrankieIn1080P got away with his hacking.

What?

What?

Long story short.  Frankie got busted on video hacking in DayZ,

- Posted a rambling nonsensical defense on Reddit which he later deleted after it was shot full of holes

- Server logs were  posted showing he was indeed hacking,

- Dean Hall confirmed that blinking temperature icon in videos was a known god mode hack.

- Frankie filed dozens of bogus copyright notices over the course of a year to make videos of his DayZ hacking disappear.

He's long been suspected of hacking in BF3, just nobody has managed to get any definitive proof.

No spread/Recoil hacks are pretty common among some big Youtuber's because they don't use any onscreen markers

and are very difficult to tell apart from skill if they are configured properly.

Throw in lots of quick edits and not showing your final score at the end of rounds help hide this.

It's all about money with some of these guys, they need content to keep the Google checks flowing

hacking and stealing other peoples stuff is just a shortcut to keeping them coming..... and of course, being the one

who "Discovers" all the easter eggs and solves all the puzzles gets you a shitload of subscribers and views.

Long story short.  Frankie got busted on video hacking in DayZ,

- Posted a rambling nonsensical defense on Reddit which he later deleted after it was shot full of holes

- Server logs were  posted showing he was indeed hacking,

- Dean Hall confirmed that blinking temperature icon in videos was a known god mode hack.

- Frankie filed dozens of bogus copyright notices over the course of a year to make videos of his DayZ hacking disappear.

He's long been suspected of hacking in BF3, just nobody has managed to get any definitive proof.

No spread/Recoil hacks are pretty common among some big Youtuber's because they don't use any onscreen markers

and are very difficult to tell apart from skill if they are configured properly.

Throw in lots of quick edits and not showing your final score at the end of rounds help hide this.

It's all about money with some of these guys, they need content to keep the Google checks flowing

hacking and stealing other peoples stuff is just a shortcut to keeping them coming..... and of course, being the one

who "Discovers" all the easter eggs and solves all the puzzles gets you a shitload of subscribers and views.

I just read the reddit thread on that, it seems that with one of the incidents in question he could have have proved his innocence by posting the unedited footage of a very small time frame, yet he did not do so and instead tried to write down his explanation.

If that was me and I wasn't guilty then I'd just post the missing footage, it's not concrete but it is suspicious for sure.

I just read the reddit thread on that, it seems that with one of the incidents in question he could have have proved his innocence by posting the unedited footage of a very small time frame, yet he did not do so and instead tried to write down his explanation.

If that was me and I wasn't guilty then I'd just post the missing footage, it's not concrete but it is suspicious for sure.

He went on a rampage with bogus takedown notices on youtube and Liveleak.  

That alone tells you something is fishy.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTAzNTI4MzA0.html

Oh and guess who appears in the Frankie videos........ Jackfrags.....

Westie is another of his chums, watch his videos and then compare it to video demonstrations of No spread/Recoil hacks.

Ah well, I'm not subscribed to any of those channels because I don't care at all about how someone on the other side of the globe plays a game. I prefer to play my own matches thank you very much.

That said I'm not at all surprised to find this out. Who knows on what kinds of servers (and whose servers for that matter) are they playing on, are they cheat protected? Ranked? These guys are making a pretty penny off of this, and nobody said they have to be honest. It's a market like any other, if you don't stand out you're gonna fade away real soon, and I've seen some much better players then those "battlefield buddies" on youtube. What's so strange about them cheating and usurping anonymus people's achiements like the Megalodon incident.

I never got the point of the "let's play..." videos - who gives a shit? I can play it myself instead of watching someone else do it. I understand twitch streaming, but whole channels dedicated to footage of people playing some games have make no sense to me.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I never really took Jacks videos as him being the "sole discoverer" anyway. I don't sit trawling reddit or the battlefield forum. So him bringing attention to bugs/easter eggs is helpful to me. Not once have I watched his videos and gone "OMG he is master to discover this", I always just thought "oh how nice for him to tell me".

And meh not bothered if fankie cheats. I watch it for laughs and entertainment, and that is what I get. Scripted or not, hacked or not, I enjoy watching

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I never really took Jacks videos as him being the "sole discoverer" anyway. I don't sit trawling reddit or the battlefield forum. So him bringing attention to bugs/easter eggs is helpful to me. Not once have I watched his videos and gone "OMG he is master to discover this", I always just thought "oh how nice for him to tell me".

And meh not bothered if fankie cheats. I watch it for laughs and entertainment, and that is what I get. Scripted or not, hacked or not, I enjoy watching

I agree.