Smallest case you'd be comfortable putting a +$500 card in

Heisenbleurgh

Just wondering what would your go-to mITX and mATX cases are, without sacrificing space for high end GPUs.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

250D for mITX and 350D for mATX

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

^

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Any small case with great airflow, such as the 250D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Personally I am not sure if I feel save in the 250D due to the possibility of restriction of airflow, but the 350D I would feel "safe" with.

Yes, the 250D would work however.. But, you asked for an opinion and if I would feel "safe" with it.

Although, I have personally only used the 250D in one build. So I am no expert in this particular situation/with this particular case.

Another is the small Fractal Design one. Having a brain fart.. Can't remember the name of it.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Another is the small Fractal Design one. Having a brain fart.. Can't remember the name of it.

you mean the Node 304?

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Personally I am not sure if I feel save in the 250D due to the possibility of restriction of airflow, but the 350D I would feel "safe" with.

Yes, the 250D would work however.. But, you asked for an opinion and if I would feel "safe" with it.

Although, I have personally only used the 250D in one build. So I am no expert in this particular situation/with this particular case.

Node 304 or the upcoming Node 804, those are even smaller than Corsair cases. 250d doesn't look that good for airflow in my opinion, I don't know.

EVGA's MINI case... that I cant remember the name of

EVGA Hadron Air or Hydro

And yes, @nixproducer that's it! Fractal Design Node 304.

@One Who Craves Souls  - Yeah, that's what I mentioned. Same thing I was thinking.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

For itx, either the corsair 250d or cooler master elite 130. Either would make a very nice LAN machine or htpc. The elite 110 is awesome if you don't have a graphics card or a shorter one.

NCASE M1

But they are near impossible to get.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I would play it safe and say Prodigy or Phenom or 250D. Elite 110 and Node 304 are just to small for comfort at that price range. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

If anyone's curious, the one I've been look into just now is the Silverstone SG07, pretty tight fit but has a built in 600W power supply, supports 12" cards and is practically half the size of the Prodigy.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The Node 304 is great small case. I have it for my LAN rig and it easily fits a MSI GTX 770 Lightning which is a really long and tall graphics card.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

silverstone sg05 is the smallest at 11L(can fit a titan with some mods(some cutting with a dremel))

then it s the hadron/rvz01 at 16L(id go rvz01 here)

then sg07/08 at 18?L

then the node 304 or cm elite 130 at 20L,

then a sg09(matx) at 23L

then a node 605 (atx) at 25L

... the 350d/ prodigy are not small, they re close to or over 40L.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Silverstone ft03 for matx, ft03 mini for itx. Great cooling. Highly recommended. Rely small

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

silverstone sg05 is the smallest at 11L(can fit a titan with some mods(some cutting with a dremel))

then it s the hadron/rvz01 at 16L(id go rvz01 here)

then sg07/08 at 18?L

then the node 304 or cm elite 130 at 20L,

then a sg09(matx) at 23L

then a node 605 (atx) at 25L

... the 350d/ prodigy are not small, they re close to or over 40L.

That's something I don't like about the 350d... it's almost the size of a mid-case, I prefer to use a mid-case instead.

This:

jc0r4LF.jpg

Otherwise fractal design node 304

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

This:

Otherwise fractal design node 304

what's the name? m1?

I'd wrap it in a fire blanket.

But seriously, something like a Node 304.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO