[KG] Apple iWatch: Two sizes, precious materials, bent form-factor

KakaoDj

Kitguru article

If Apple were to enter this market, they will do it with style. They will most likely be slim and stylish, and compete with sophisticated producers *cough* Rolex...

They will allegedly feature curved AMOLED displays with sapphire cover glass, which is also used for quality watches.

It is expected that it will be introduced in September this year. And KGI analyst believes that Apple will sell about 5.5 million iWatches, and that it may increase to 30-50 million next year. It will probably have crappy battery though... The price of the most expensive model is expected to be quite high, at several thousand dollars, but that is only logical. It will be a fashion icon.

With all these rumours of an iWatch floating around, i honestly believe we will see this product soon   :)

A rumour has it that Apple is on track to release its long-awaited iWatch smart-watch later this year. While Apple’s iWatch will functionally resemble existing devices, they will have one significant difference: they will be made to look like fine watches from leading brands, will be made using precious metals and will exist in many versions available at vastly different price-points.

KitGuru Says: It looks like Apple got the idea of smart-watch in a right way. Watches should not only be functional, but beautiful and stylish too. Only in that case they will have a chance to rival watches which are used by millions of people worldwide today. What is unknown is how Apple plans to differentiate affordable and expensive iWatch models, keeping in mind that they will have the same specification. Perhaps, Apple itself will sell base models of the iWatch, but “professional“ watch companies will get a chance to offer “official” customized versions.

iwatch.jpg

As much of an android user i am, i must say apple make something that someone else started and makes it better.

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

i'm worried about pricing. If you want one that looks good, you'll need to pay a small fortune.

For me, I'll wait and see, pick out the one that fits my style and just price compare with moto 360.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

As much of an android user i am, i must say apple make something that someone else started and makes it better.

I agree, and i am not ashamed of admitting it. But i really hate their "one button" solution to many things. I like having a "back" button that i don't have to search for every single time i press something

Meh... 

When you say "bent form factor" it sounds like its a deformed device.

I agree, and i am not ashamed of admitting it. But i really hate their "one button" solution to many things. I like having a "back" button that i don't have to search for every single time i press something

Its so, you can go back.  Ever heard "once you go mac you cant go back"   Thats litteral, you litterally cant go back... theres no back button.

Why won't people make a watch that actually looks like a watch?

moto360-hed1.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Will it have any wireless charging capability? Will Apple start to embrace it?

Just what the world needs

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I can imagine that it will be expensive though. It sounds good, hopefully it looks good too.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

may 2nd, 2010 thoo... 

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Agreed, but in this case I'd say that company is Motorola. Their circular watch is freaking amazing.

Praise Duarte!

Mfw when I use an Ipod 6th gen nano with a watch band, and everyone asks me if im listening to my smart watch.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I call BS on the multi-thousand dollar price tag and the shitty battery life. Yes it will be more expensive than other competitors on the market but not by that huge of a margin and I expect the battery to last 1-2 days, hopefully more. Right on par with other full options like the Gear. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

"Why won't people make one that looks like a watch?" And in the same same post you link the Moto 360.

Well hey guess what, someone is making one that actually looks like a watch. It's called the Moto 360!

"Why won't people make one that looks like a watch?" And in the same same post you link the Moto 360.

Well hey guess what, someone is making one that actually looks like a watch. It's called the Moto 360!

I meant someone else but Motorola.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

"its time to change the time" - sounds lame and stupid 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

moto360-hed1.jpg

A round screen would freak people out and confuse them

This is apple, you're likely required to get bent to pay for it as well. Besides the motorola one just looks better (provided this is a real prototype)

-------

Current Rig

-------

A round screen would freak people out and confuse them

Unless apple launches one later on: Then it becomes true innovation and everybody else should be sued out of existence.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I find hype to be hilarious at times...."Precious Metals"...WOW! There are precious metals in every single freaking smart phone in existence.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.