ASUS Transformer Book T100 Review

OK, so I'm using ASUS Transformer Book T100 for about 2 months now, so I got peaty good repression about it and here's my review.

First, I'm sorry, my English isn't the best (very sloppy) and the review isn't very detailed because it would felled like I'm selling it to you.

Slika 

I you look at the specks you'll think that it's nothing special, it has 10" screen, 4-core Bay Trail Atom CPU, 2GB of ram and an 64GB SSD. But once you see that you'll getting 32-bit tablet and a keyboard fore less than MS Surface with RT, now that's a good bargain (for me, I don't know about you)

Build quality

Don't look for high quality in this tablet. The tablet it self has plastic back that is finger magnet and the screen isn't any better. I found my self wiping the screen every few hours when I used as my primary machine for some time. The buttons are located on the top (power button) and on the left side (start button and volume + -) they are OK, sometimes you can't relay feel if you pressed it or not, specially  the power button. 

The keyboard looks like it's from another product and just put together with this tablet by accident. While the tablet is all glossy (screen and plastic body) the keyboard has brushed aluminium feel and look. The keyboard can band if you're not careful and became wonky after time. I had to align it few times. The hinge that connect the tablet and keyboard isn't the best, tablet has few mm of space and it can move for about 1cm back and forward

Performance

For benchmarking this tablet I used  a lot of games (Rouge Legacy, FEZ, Minecraft, HL1, HL2, Portal 2, CSS, ...) and came to the conclusion that with the lowest graphic settings (some can be normal but don't expect nice gameplay), this tablet can be portable gaming best (well not beast but more like cute bunny) with I got about 4 to 5 hours of gameplay (11 to 9 hour battery with just browsing or watching movies). 

Outputs

This tablet hasn't much outputs, on the tablet it self we can find micro-USB (for charging) and micro- HDMI and mic-audio combo 3,5 mm port. On the bottom is Asus proprietary connector for the keyboard and on keyboard, there is only USB-A 3.0. 

Pros

The thing that I like the most is the fact that the speakers don't suck, they can be very loud but they are definitely better than most laptops. Battery last up to 11 hours (field tested Ljubljana, Slovenia - Hannover, Germany)

Cons

The thing that I don't like the most is the fact that you need to charge the battery through micro-USB, this method is very slow and painful to watch (you're getting 2mA USB charger with the tablet), next thing is screen brightens. I think that this tablet was made for people that are inside the house all day because when you're outside on the bright day and you want to use this tablet, you're getting nothing. The screen brightness is very very low and the fact that this is glossy screen is much worse. When we already talk about the screen I need to mention that the tablet can detect up to 10 fingers but not the pressure. The touchpad is one of the worst on the planet (no comment)

Final Conclusion

If you need cheap windows tablet with fairly powerful hardware and good battery than this might be tablet for you. BUT I recommend to check some other tablets before you buy this one.

I got this for my sister for christmas, and she absolutely loves it, she uses it for school work and watching classes, as well as youtube and the usual. We had a problem with some of the keys failing, and the RMA process was better than anything i've yet experienced, they had it fixed and sent back the day they received it. i think it took about a week total with shipping and all, which is much better than some other RMA's i've had to deal with. anyway, ive tried it out a bit, and i gotta say i really like windows 8.1 on a smaller device and with a touchscreen, and using it as a tablet is pretty cool too. also the fact that it includes microsoft office is HUGE. I'd say this is the perfect computer for a student who needs something cheap and they dont mind the smaller screen. its a bit too small for me though.

anyway nice review, i personally love the product, and ASUS as a company. i think my family owns 4 or 5 asus computers, and a memoPad, and we've had really good luck with all of them.

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I got this for my sister for christmas, and she absolutely loves it, she uses it for school work and watching classes, as well as youtube and the usual. We had a problem with some of the keys failing, and the RMA process was better than anything i've yet experienced, they had it fixed and sent back the day they received it. i think it took about a week total with shipping and all, which is much better than some other RMA's i've had to deal with. anyway, ive tried it out a bit, and i gotta say i really like windows 8.1 on a smaller device and with a touchscreen, and using it as a tablet is pretty cool too. also the fact that it includes microsoft office is HUGE. I'd say this is the perfect computer for a student who needs something cheap and they dont mind the smaller screen. its a bit too small for me though.

anyway nice review, i personally love the product, and ASUS as a company. i think my family owns 4 or 5 asus computers, and a memoPad, and we've had really good luck with all of them.

Yea, WIn 8.1 on touchstone is realy great, I think that i got used to it a little too much I keep forgetting that my other laptop hasn't touch screen 

• 9 months later...

sorry for reviving this again..but I am also considering this tablet/hybrid for my next purchase..

others are T200, Acer Switch 10 or 11, another local brand hybrid for about 350-360usd

specs-wise, the software im using (cad software) SHOULD run with any of these..2gb ram (minimum), and the intel cpu that these hybrids have..

but I am unable to find any review online that has actually tested this software to run on these hybrids..(other than the usual browsing, surfing and productivity softwares)

can anybody help me with my problem? this will greatly help me in making a purchase decision before June comes (school) =)

just a successful installation and opening the program will suffice. handling and working around the software is another thing, but I'm sure it's something I can live with =)

thanks!