Best headphones for gaming for ~35€ / 45$?

Hey there.

I'm not really an expert on the topic of headphones/headset. I need something relatively cheap, mostly used for (FPS) gaming, for games like Arma 2, OA and mostly Arma 3.

Besides, I currently have speakers and a separate microphone right now, and whenever I talk over voice chat (TS3, Skype or in-game VoIP), my friends and team mates hear themselves

as well ass my game sound effects whenever my mic is transmitting sounds.

Surround effect is really important for me as well. I want to hear where my enemies are coming from or which direction am I taking fire from. It helps a lot with my situational awareness, especially in ArmA.

Now this might be a stupid question, but do I need 5.1 speakers for surround? Or am I good to go with something cheaper that doesn't support 5.1 surround?

tl;dr: I need some cheap headphones for gaming and voice chat, preferably with mic attached. Surround effect is important. Budget is around 45$, 50 top. Is it even possible to get what I need with such a low budget?

Feel free to tell me if my budget is ridiculously low, but like I said, I have no clue about headphones nor their prices. I don't even know where to start looking.

Any help is appreciated.

turtle beach x12s if you can find budget

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Googled it. Looks pretty neat, thanks! A little over my budget, but I think it's still fine.

How's the surround effect though? (Please excuse my complete lack of knowledge regarding this topic). Is it possible to determine the direction of various sound effects in-game with this headset?

Koss KSC75.

No, I am not joking. That is probably the best you're going to get for gaming in your price range. Runner up would be the Superlux HD 681. Surround sound is a gimmick; you're paying more for virtual surround sound than you are for sound quality at that price point and there is no reason to consider it when the right headphones can reproduce it just as well. You already have a surround sound system: your brain. Just set your audio to "Headphones" when you're using either. Ever sat in a car or worn headphones and noticed you were able to tell where the singer(s)/guitarist/bassist was? You don't need a headset for that.

Also, speaking as the owner of a pair of Turtle Beach X12s that I am absolutely desperate to get rid of, that is the biggest waste of money you could possibly make in audio short of Beats headphones. Absolutely atrocious headset.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Koss KSC75.

No, I am not joking. That is probably the best you're going to get for gaming in your price range. Runner up would be the Superlux HD 681. Surround sound is a gimmick; you're paying more for virtual surround sound than you are for sound quality at that price point and there is no reason to consider it when the right headphones can reproduce it just as well. You already have a surround sound system: your brain. Just set your audio to "Headphones" when you're using either. Ever sat in a car or worn headphones and noticed you were able to tell where the singer(s)/guitarist/bassist was? You don't need a headset for that.

Also, speaking as the owner of a pair of Turtle Beach X12s that I am absolutely desperate to get rid of, that is the biggest waste of money you could possibly make in audio short of Beats headphones. Absolutely atrocious headset.

Oh, I see. I'll have a look around then.

I'm not even sure if I'll buy a pair yet. It's just my friends always being annoyed by my speakers, haha. Thing is, I'm going to university soon, therefore I will be away from home most of the time and won't be able to use my PC for gaming. I also believe that I'd spent significantly less time talking over voice chat - which would make my new pair of headphones pretty much useless. So I'm not even sure if I should invest into one yet... we'll see. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Oh, I see. I'll have a look around then.

I'm not even sure if I'll buy a pair yet. It's just my friends always being annoyed by my speakers, haha. Thing is, I'm going to university soon, therefore I will be away from home most of the time and won't be able to use my PC for gaming. I also believe that I'd spent significantly less time talking over voice chat - which would make my new pair of headphones pretty much useless. So I'm not even sure if I should invest into one yet... we'll see. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

That's quite a low budget. I think Superlux might be your best bet.