1080 120 HZ VS 1440p 60 hz

Juliogol

Most games auto adjust things like fov or screen real estate so you won't notice a change in games like csgo, tf2, lol, cod ghosts, bf4 etc. Only a change of aspect ratio would possibly help in that regards. So 120hz

Hi guys!

As the title says I'm wondering about getting a 1080p 120mhz monitor for gaming. Primarily FPS online. My question is about what do you think is better. The extra resolution of a 1440p monitor or the extra refresh rate of the 1080p 120mhz monitor.

I currently own a 1440p monitor but I was wondering if I should sell it and get a 1080p one for the extra FPS.

Any suggestions?

That 1080p 27" ASUS has fairly noticeable pixels at a normal viewing distance, it was so distracting that I returned mine for a VG248QE - just something to consider. I'd say if you could maintain 120+ frames per second in your games, and were using LightBoost, you'd definitely notice and love the effect it has on eliminating motion blur. Feels like a CRT, it's great. If you can't do either of those things, I'd keep the panel with the higher resolution.

get 1440p because its hard to see more that 60hz anyway

Actally the difference is quite significant, but I agree get the 1440p I'd take the extra resolution over the frames anyday, also TN panel...

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

No it's not. I have a 60hz monitor and a 144hz monitor in front of me. You can tell at a glance which is which just from moving the mouse cursor. The difference between 60 fps @ 60hz & 144 fps @ 144hz in a fast-paced game like most first person shooters is simply night and day.

Anyone who says you can't see the difference has never used a 120hz monitor with a system that could push 120 fps. 

well, different people have different opinions, i would still go for 1440p over 120hz

SO it's a mixed bag I see haha

After switching to a 120hz TV I just can't see a 60hz anymore, everything is sooooo smoth. On 27 inches I guess the difference between 1080p and 1440p won't be that noticeable, and while I am not a competitive or pro FPS player I certainly enjoy playing Battlefield 4 a lot, so if the 120hz would give a smoother experience and better framerate than 1440p (my gpu is a xfx 7970) I guess I am going for it. As I said before, I already own a korean 1440p monitor, so would't be a bad idea to keep both :P

Knowledge don't take space. Don't know something? Just ask nicely!

SO it's a mixed bag I see haha

After switching to a 120hz TV I just can't see a 60hz anymore, everything is sooooo smoth. On 27 inches I guess the difference between 1080p and 1440p won't be that noticeable, and while I am not a competitive or pro FPS player I certainly enjoy playing Battlefield 4 a lot, so if the 120hz would give a smoother experience and better framerate than 1440p (my gpu is a xfx 7970) I guess I am going for it. As I said before, I already own a korean 1440p monitor, so would't be a bad idea to keep both :P

1440p on 27 inch vs a 27 inch 1080P is a big deference and is very noticeable

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "