Update on Corsair RGB mechanical keyboards

I replied to a post from @Sena and it was like a month late. so i was told by one of the moderators of linustechtips to make a new topic and inform you guys about the shizz i know about this Corsair RGB keyboards.

They said something about releasing it after ComputeX. computex is in june so i would expect the release date this summer around july-august.

some of you may already know this but some may not.

Amazing how gimmicky backlighting can make everyone go apeshit over a product. God forbid we consider the build quality of the keyboard.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Amazing how gimmicky backlighting can make everyone go apeshit over a product. God forbid we consider the build quality of the keyboard.

well if it does end up just being a K70 with no changes other than lighting then build quality shouldn't be an issue

Well it already has a known and loved build quality, they're just adding more to an already great product.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

cWow summer time...Dammit that is still sooooo far from now! Thanks for the information, I just watched TechSyndicate's interview with Corsair. I'm glad they finally put blues and browns into the all black with red led k70 haha. 

I still have to wait so long? :(

im afraid yes. mean while just watch game of thrones and focus on that and it'll be here in no time ;)

Can't sleep... I had this question running in my mind the whole day, how much do you guys think the rgb k70 is going to cost? I don't know why but I keep thinking $150 but that's just me hahaha

Can't sleep... I had this question running in my mind the whole day, how much do you guys think the rgb k70 is going to cost? I don't know why but I keep thinking $150 but that's just me hahaha

Pretty sure it will be at least $150. I'm getting a good deal on a K70 right now (about 90 bucks) so I might just not wait for the RGB and pick the K70 up. Would have been cool to match my PC lighting to my keyboard lighting though :(

well im waiting on this thing to replace my 5$ ps/2 keyboard....

Theres a video on youtube with linus reflecting its price point under 200 dollars.

So then $199 haha. 

Man I was really hoping it would be out my may.... I'm not sure I can wait much longer lol. My MX5500 is starting to act up again! It must know I'm thinking about replacing it again. 

So then $199 haha

Man I was really hoping it would be out my may.... I'm not sure I can wait much longer lol. My MX5500 is starting to act up again! It must know I'm thinking about replacing it again. 

I just spoke to someone from Corsair and the guy told me it should cost as much as the K70, so around $130.

I just want it because it would let me do a white backlight and have a black meta body with brown switches. At least that is near when I get out of school so maybe that will be my end of the school year celebration tech gift I will buy myself. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I just want it because it would let me do a white backlight and have a black meta body with brown switches. At least that is near when I get out of school so maybe that will be my end of the school year celebration tech gift I will buy myself. 

rip the leds out of a black K70 and replace them with white ones.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Whats the point even buying it then if you're just gonna use that one white backlight.

There are other keyboards out there that have a white backlight a black metal body and brown switches 

I can't wait to get this keyboard, was totally blown away by the videos.