Project: Event Horizon

Sempreviens

You know it's gonna be great when there is 3D rendering.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

mmm this looks like its going to be a really good build :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Hello everyone

First of, thanks for all the comments and attention on my project. Makes it more exciting :)

Today the water cooling parts arrived and i will make a test setup while i get the mods done. Also to test the parts and have a better idea of what i want to do. If i get the time i will OC both cpu and GPU later today also. Meanwhile here is a glance at the parts :)

IMG_20140417_161554_zps97cbcba1.jpg

More updates later when the table top test setup is done  B)

I got the test setup done last night after but the lighting was so poor and i will not upload poor pictures ;)

So here is how it looks for now. I will be working on some of the internals of the case today

IMG_20140418_111102_zpsf210e6f4.jpg

This already looks good now  :wub: . Can't wait for the final build  :)

A little closeup teaser. I use the Galaxy Note 3 to capture all pictures. I runs Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2 and until today it used the Cyanogen stock camera app. But now that Google released Google Camera on app store i gave it a try. Much improvement achieved and including a background blur setting. Let me know what you think of this kind of pictures please :)

IMG_20140418_131055_zps4d497a7e.jpg

Also you can see on this pictures that the fittings have some scratches. The older build i had used a hose a little too big so i had to force the fittings on with tools. I dont quite know if i actually like the aesthetics of them like this... kinda do ;)

For those hungry for numbers. Here is what achieved so far without stuttering and ridiculous coillining. Not bad at all and max temp is 41 degree celsius. Did a GPU burn for 20 min with MSI kombustor before benchmarking.

Capture_zpsd5e12426.png

That's a rather low oc tho. Overclock the snot out of it :P

Yeah it is for now. But all good things at the right time ;)

Really cool build, keep it man. 

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

i have a question regarding the ice white mayhem coolant will it gunk or leave stains on the inside of your cpu or gpu block after some time?

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

looks so awesome and tj07 is one of my favorite cases xD

Really cool build, keep it man. 

Thanks! I am very confident that the build will be perfect ;)

i have a question regarding the ice white mayhem coolant will it gunk or leave stains on the inside of your cpu or gpu block after some time?

This is the first time i use the mayhems pastel ice white. But i have see many builds and updates on builds also using the coolant and nobody said anything about gunk. On the other hand, the dyes will always satin a little where red is the worst (tried it myself, dont go red). So only time will tell how this pastel white will react. My best guess is that the staining will be minimal to nothing. The hoses might turn bad before anything even happens.

Thanks for watching :)

looks so awesome and tj07 is one of my favorite cases xD

Welcome to the club! The case itself is just beast compared to many others in my opinion :)

Thanks! I am very confident that the build will be perfect ;)

This is the first time i use the mayhems pastel ice white. But i have see many builds and updates on builds also using the coolant and nobody said anything about gunk. On the other hand, the dyes will always satin a little where red is the worst (tried it myself, dont go red). So only time will tell how this pastel white will react. My best guess is that the staining will be minimal to nothing. The hoses might turn bad before anything even happens.

Thanks for watching :)

Welcome to the club! The case itself is just beast compared to many others in my opinion :)

i agree xD

Today i was called to work for some urgent cases to be taken care of. Working from 04:00 to 17:00. Totally ruined my plans of working on the build  :angry: But hey, the money is good in holidays. Which means the build will be upgraded with a little more equipment. Could be a graphics card more, could be a secondary rad or even something like a custom laser cut acrylic side panel... time will tell ;)

Stay tuned as tomorrow will bring some more work to the workbench  B)

Happy easter people! 

Drunk-rabbit.jpg

Really nice build! How are the E-Loops for you?

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Really nice build! How are the E-Loops for you?

Thank you very much. The E-loops so far is just perfect. I had many different fans before, but nothing like these. They keep the setup quiet and cool while looking good. The corners have large rubber inserts that protrude 2mm out of the frame making a solid mounting and eliminates vibrations very good. Last but not least, the fan blades can be pulled out of the frame for maintenance. Makes it very easy to vacuum / dust blow the radiator.

Thank you very much. The E-loops so far is just perfect. I had many different fans before, but nothing like these. They keep the setup quiet and cool while looking good. The corners have large rubber inserts that protrude 2mm out of the frame making a solid mounting and eliminates vibrations very good. Last but not least, the fan blades can be pulled out of the frame for maintenance. Makes it very easy to vacuum / dust blow the radiator.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'm thinking about buying them. Love what you've done with everything. Hope everything goes well!

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

oooooooh

cool build

keep the updates coming

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'm thinking about buying them. Love what you've done with everything. Hope everything goes well!

No problem, i am happy to help. The e-loops come in 800, 1300, 1900 and 2400 rpm versions aswell as 800-2000 and 400-1500 rpm pwm versions. Those i run is the 1900 rpm ones. Currently running full speed and i can hear them.

Stay tuned for more bling ;)

oooooooh

cool build

keep the updates coming

Thank you! Stay tuned for more  B)

Hello everyone,

So i have been working on the frame some more as well as some of the internal layout. As for the internals i have to wait for the next shipment of aluminium which hopefully will come wednesday. Until i have those and can finish some more i will keep the internal design secret :D haha sorry!

But for now i will let you see some of the frame work. i have been sanding the angled edge of the original frame and the added aluminium plate i wrapped around it to have the same straight line. Makes so much of a difference. It is not totally done yet. Will need some more sanding with a fine grid to even it out and look smooth.

Thanks for all the nice comments and the welcome to the forum. You guys are great!

IMG_20140421_134530_zps5113b4d8.jpg

Hello everyone,

So i have been working on the frame some more as well as some of the internal layout. As for the internals i have to wait for the next shipment of aluminium which hopefully will come wednesday. Until i have those and can finish some more i will keep the internal design secret :D haha sorry!

But for now i will let you see some of the frame work. i have been sanding the angled edge of the original frame and the added aluminium plate i wrapped around it to have the same straight line. Makes so much of a difference. It is not totally done yet. Will need some more sanding with a fine grid to even it out and look smooth.

Thanks for all the nice comments and the welcome to the forum. You guys are great!

IMG_20140421_134530_zps5113b4d8.jpg

still looks beastly are you planning to powder coat or paint it?

goddamnit aluminum shippers ship faster!!!

Just my thoughts ;)

still looks beastly are you planning to powder coat or paint it?

Thanks buddy. The original idea was to powder coat it. But the companies i have spoken to want a rather large payment for a single job and on top of that, the delivery will be about a month. So i contacted a auto painted that can do a nice job a lot faster. He will include a complete sandblast of the case before painting as well.