Rainmeter - A Super Cool Desktop Customisation Program

I have been using Rainmeter for a couple years now and it is by far the most customizable and easiest to use program out there. The best thing about it is that the themes and widgets are easy to make and most of the themes are CCL. I don't think I will ever go without it again.

Here's mine:

Untitled-1.png

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."

I don't know if there is a single person here that does not know what rainmeter is, but nice setup!

I've never heard of it >.> #Kappa

I've never heard of it >.> #Kappa

Please don't bring hash tags in here.

Please

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

#Sorry

stahp.

On a more serious note, anyone know if there exist pre-installed themes or user created themes I could download? While these all look really cool, I'm worried about how it may hinder performance but most importantly I don't think I could do anything that looked anywhere near good, so yeah thanks for anyone that helps me out.

How do I remove the recycling bin from my desktop?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

stahp.

On a more serious note, anyone know if there exist pre-installed themes or user created themes I could download? While these all look really cool, I'm worried about how it may hinder performance but most importantly I don't think I could do anything that looked anywhere near good, so yeah thanks for anyone that helps me out.

http://rainmeter.net/discover

My desktop Rainmeter layout is still a WIP so here's the one for my laptop - Simplistic and pretty. Yes, I took the picture as well =)

JhfKepd.jpg

The black bar on the right fades away as your mouse hovers over it.

I used to think Rainmeter was really cool when I first discovered it but soon realised I never looked at it, and all it was doing was wasting RAM.

How do I remove the recycling bin from my desktop?

Right click desktop > personalisation > change desktop icons > untick recycling bin

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Well I cannot work out how to post pictures of what I have done so far... it's changed since I last attached something lol

-Snip-

All of the .dll files that Rainmeter reads are fairly easy to configure, with making changes as easy as changing a few variables here and there (some are quite like CSS coding, the Game Launcher skin in particular) and positioning is as easy as click and drag. Many tutorials can be found on YouTube.

-Snip-

Could you please link a tutorial for the game tiles?

I had a look and couldn't find anything except an outdated tutorial :(

Thanks a bunch.

Could you please link a tutorial for the game tiles?

I had a look and couldn't find anything except an outdated tutorial :(

Thanks a bunch.

I worked it out myself :/

I don't have a tutorial unfortunately. I can't remember how I did it either.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I use rainmeter, along with rocketdock and Display Fusion, all of which are pretty nice :)

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

Damn oh well

Looks like I'll be playing around with code.

(My brain just isn't hardwired for programming... I've tried multiple times and every time I just get to a point where I can't figure anything out anymore.. :()

For now this is what I have done:

http://imgur.com/ayPPVsx

Once I work out the tiles I will replace the rocketdock on the side with tiles.

For now this is what I have done:

http://imgur.com/ayPPVsx

Once I work out the tiles I will replace the rocketdock on the side with tiles.

It requires a working image to make the tiles work. Jump into photoshop or whatever, create a tile for your program/game (the resolution of mine are 300 x 45) then add the .exe for your game to the file.

http://i.imgur.com/djjo5pu.jpg

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

It requires a working image to make the tiles work. Jump into photoshop or whatever, create a tile for your program/game (the resolution of mine are 300 x 45) then add the .exe for your game to the file.

http://i.imgur.com/djjo5pu.jpg

Aah thank you

Well I got the tiles working

Only problem is that CSGO thinks that it is being launched from an insecure location and won't let me join VAC secured servers. :( I guess that one will be for show.

I find Rainmeter extremely annoying and full of overlay bugs and such, meh.

Can you possibly send me that conky script?

Yes.

Signatures are stupid.

*deleted*

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Oh yeah Rainmeter!

I love that programm. There are so many nice ready to use designs for it.

And ist SOO easy to modify!

Just write some lines of simple code and you can change nearly anything in just a few seconds.

Btw @ anyone who is just trying the Program out at the Rainmeter website you can find a very comprehensive list of lines you can use to customize your rainmeter. just go here and look under "Reference"  on the left side.

They explain what everything is for and how to use it.

good modding!

And my Desktop below. I don't need anything on there. Just some simple data and the time.

post-69462-0-36445300-1397923857_thumb.j

Build Log: The beautiful Workhorse

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

Oh yeah Rainmeter!

I love that programm. There are so many nice ready to use designs for it.

And ist SOO easy to modify!

Just write some lines of simple code and you can change nearly anything in just a few seconds.

Btw @ anyone who is just trying the Program out at the Rainmeter website you can find a very comprehensive list of lines you can use to customize your rainmeter. just go here and look under "Reference"  on the left side.

They explain what everything is for and how to use it.

good modding!

And my Desktop below. I don't need anything on there. Just some simple data and the time.

Love your desktop guy, gonna attempt to replicate it, can't seem to find that exact wallpaper in 2560 x 1440 though.

Feel like sharing your code/download link?

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F