I got robbed...

This is why cryptocurrency won't be globally adopted.

Exactly and has anyone else come across this Heartbleed bug yet?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Can you store them offline? Probably be the best option IMO if you could.  Guess it shows that it's not safe at all, which we already sorta knew

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

OP, once again, do you have any information for us at all?

Like where your wallet was stored.

Hey.

OP, once again, do you have any information for us at all?

Like where your wallet was stored.

Like I stated previously in the thread, the wallets were on my computer, which happened to be connected to the internet. 

One 7950s' all I need...

I am starting to agree that it won't be globally accepted because of all the hacks involved. 

You get % interest for leaving your wallet online .. yet their networks get hacked and you lose your coins? doesn't seem correct too me. 

If its something that you have to take off line and store in a physical USB form then really whats so great about it? i mean the whole point of the currency is so you can use it any time anywhere either by remoting into your wallet or other methods such as having a phone wallet. 

If you cant use crypto currency in all the ways that it has gained market share from then what makes it any better then a visa ? 

and don't get me started on the decreasing market value over the last 6-7 months steadily falling month by month i think even all the too the moon people right now are rethinking or have already dumped their investments. 

Add onto all that the exchanges that have been hacked and or scammed people into the ground well you can see right now crypto is imho just a failing idea. 

Until something comes out that backs your wallet and transactions with a visa like guarantee where you can claim on hacks and they can reverse and track charges in certain circumstances then you will never see true acceptance because people don't like putting thousands of their hard earned dollars into something only to be scammed by someone plugging keys behind a desk. 

And its happened to far to many people now to ignore the issue. 

The only people i can see still backing the coins are the people who got rich quick and are now whales with alot to loose if it flounders even further. 

edit* i should add . i didn't even get into market manipulations .. yea its real nice having 3000+ coins of something @ say 0.0008 btc value only to see the same whales trade back and forth 100000000 x and drain the market down to 0.00008 over the course of a few months.  and don't try to tell me its not manipulation when you see every single coin on the exchanges follow the same trend into the abyss. after a investment loss like that those people are likely to never touch cryptos again and lets face it pretty much everyone who gets into cryptos atm is seeing those kinds of investment losses so your basically loosing 80% of the players involved in game of cryptos. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block