Headphone setup confusion?

So I'm getting a new build:

FX 6300

8GB RAM

R9 270X

Possibly a SSD

Possibly a Mini Itx case in which case i will go for a i5 4670

So I planned my build, I currently have 4850kn which is equal to arround 760 dollars. Now i look at my desk, and see my "Trust" headset and realize: "This peace of shit is completely broken" mainly because my stupid brother decided to troll me and sit on me while I was gaming, so except he almost broke my entire laptop screen he broke my headset jack, those were actually good headphones. But now i look, which headset/headphones should I buy? So I don't need a mic, I can have a clip-on one which quality is better than any headset's microphone.

Now, money isn't the problem, but gaming here... Okay? Still not something uberly-1000 dollars-overpriced-getthis-thing-that-is-no-different-from-a-200-dollar-headset-with-an-amp....

So i looked trough the internet, and found out that Logitech 230/530's are awesome headsets, better than any else (I did some research). And now i look again on the internet: "Headsets SUCK!" and i realized. I need to get headphones, i was thinking about sennheisers 350 with fiio D10 amp. Can someone explain me the difference between a sound card and an amp/dac?  And should i choose something like a g230 or the senns? :D

I have CM Sirus for gaming and I really like them, they aren't that great for music tho. I have Sennehieser's for music ;)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

if open back is ok, the Sennheiser HD650 with a amp&dac would give you amazing sound :) but im guessing thats the top of your budget :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I ain't that of a music fan, I barely ever listen it, so gaming only, g230 vs headphones with some kind of amp/dac combo?

I ain't that of a music fan, I barely ever listen it, so gaming only, g230 vs headphones with some kind of amp/dac combo?

Get headphones, use your onboard. Profit.

Senn' 380's seem to be good also.

agree with SSL

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Nevermind, misread. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I'm currently using HD558 and I would say they're fantastic and you could also just use onboard graphics for it. Or, if you want to, you can just buy Fiio E10 and pair it up.

$760 can get you some good headphones. If you're not a bass addict, stick with open backed headphones. They produce clearer sound details, and wider sound dimensions, good for 3D positioning. I'd recommend the one I'm using (on my avatar), but that's just a fraction of your budget. So better go with better ones

$760 can get you some good headphones. If you're not a bass addict, stick with open backed headphones. They produce clearer sound details, and wider sound dimensions, good for 3D positioning. I'd recommend the one I'm using (on my avatar), but that's just a fraction of your budget. So better go with better ones

760 for his build not for the headphones. 

Some good headphones are Beyerdynamic DT990 and HD558 but I would be able to recommend other things if i know what you are looking for in a headphone and your location.