I got bored, so I took photos

I was bored about 30 mins ago and got bored. So, I went outside and took some picturemctaters.

They are in a spoiler because they are LARGE photos (each one is around 10MB and some are at a resolution of 6000x4000)

All photos were taken with Nikon D5300 with a 55-300MM lens.

xJyvnpG.jpg

hsyu7Wd.jpg

xdceKsV.jpg

NC6zpso.jpg

If people who like audio are audiophiles then what do you call someone who likes photography?

Quote me to get a reply!

If people who like audio are audiophiles then what do you call someone who likes photography?

someone who likes to take photomctatersphiliac 

I like them. A bit too heavy on the DOF for my personal tastes but they look good.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Photographer :P

I like them. A bit too heavy on the DOF for my personal tastes but they look good.

What is DOF?

What is DOF?

Depth of Field. Low depth of field would have most of the scene in focus whereas high Depth of Field has only the subject in focus.

Depth of Field. Low depth of field would have most of the scene in focus whereas high Depth of Field has only the subject in focus.

Im no photographer but isnt DOF based highly on the aperture rating of the lens?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

It's just the lens I'm using. I could switch to my 18-140mm lens and that ads less of a DoF effect

That dog shot is great.  good job and nice cam

Im no photographer but isnt DOF based highly on the aperture rating of the lens?

The serious DoFness is because of the lens I'm using. If I switched to a different one, it'd have a different looking DoF and more things would be in focus (if that makes sense).

Next thing to buy on my list of lenses is one that is always in focus. No matter how close or far away, it's always in focus :D

It's always annoyed me having to manually change the focus while recording videos on the camera. (I could use Auto-Focus, but the motor is VERY audible in the recordings. 

that would be correct

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Here is another one: 

VAj1erF.jpg

I went out a second time and that's all that I got that was remotely good looking. The reason being is I don't exactly have steady hands, and I was zooming in a lot because all outside animals get scared when I get close to them :P

I do have a tripod, but that's effort :P 

Yep. It is measured in F-Number which I think is the ratio of the actual opening and the distance from that opening to the back of the lense(I might be wrong).

looks like i have 2 new photos in my wallpaper theme thingy.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

looks like i have 2 new photos in my wallpaper theme thingy.

Really? They're not THAT good :P

But I guess good quality in the photo itself can overcome how un-appealing what is actually in the photo

Really? They're not THAT good :P

But I guess good quality in the photo itself can overcome how un-appealing what is actually in the photo

yeah i especially like few of them but ofcourse ill edit them a bit.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

yeah i like few of them but ofcourse ill edit them a bit.

Which ones? :D

I kinda want to see how well they blend in with a desktop environment, so if you wouldn't mind, can you send my screen shots of how it looks? :D

They are blocked but if people are complaining about too much DOF. I love it! The more the better. 

heres the first one i havent even started to edit the secont one

looks like the quality suffered a bit

aaand second one

post-49271-0-70057600-1397232545_thumb.j

post-49271-0-21260800-1397233432_thumb.j

Edited by Snazzy

I really admire those pictures, but the picture of the bird hurts my eyes a bit and the picture of the basket it too in focus :)

They are blocked but if people are complaining about too much DOF. I love it! The more the better. 

LOL ok :D

heres the first one i havent even started to edit the secont one

looks like the quality suffered a bit

That can tend to happen :( Even though it's quite a nice camera (takes up to 6K photos) digital zooming just poops on everything. 

LOL ok :D

That can tend to happen :( Even though it's quite a nice camera (takes up to 6K photos) digital zooming just poops on everything. 

well it looks really good on my desktop so the jpg screwing up things doesnt bother me.