Corsair K70 Review (Cherry MX Red) (non-RGB keys)

Shitake

Hey guys so with the coming of the new K70, which I have no idea when, I've decided to drop a little review on my experience using this keyboard and its performance.

1. Build Quality

Starting with build quality and longevity, this is amazingly built. It is solid on your desk and has practically no flex thanks to the sexy aluminum backplate. I can say this keyboard will last very long like around 4-5 years. Corsair is known for making solid products and this one is no different. 2 years in and I have had absolutely no problems with this keyboard.

2. Features

Backlit, mecahnical (Cherry MX RED). While I didn't use the anti-ghosting feature a lot, it is very easy to use. All you do is hold down the button on the keyboard to program keys that you want to be lit,  then hold again and it will be stored. Just push the key to use it. Simple and clear premise. Along with a USB port, there is also a switch that switches between 3 separate profiles, which you can customize. (Gaming, General, Work, for example). There is also a windows button lock key, which disables the windows key when activated. All the keys are individually backlit, and they are very bright even during the day. And as we're used to there are 4 settings: Off, dim, medium, and bright. There are also media keys which I used so frequently to quickly change a track or just pause music. The volume wheel is also a very nice touch. Scroll wheel works so much smoother than having to press a key. Mute button is also right next to the volume wheel, which again is just a positive for this keyboard. For me personally I just used the brightness and windows lock key. When playing a game one does not stare at the keyboard for more than a split second, so I didn't really have to use the anti-ghosting button. I also used the media keys extensively.

3. Performance

Because this is a mechanical keyboard, using this keyboard is a delight. While I wish I had Cherry MX Blues instead of Reds, the reds are great for gaming and typing very long essays. No lag in keystroke as is expected. 

4. Design

Overall design is excellent. Volume wheel is smooth and allows for quick volume adjustments and all the buttons on the keyboard are normal sized, keys aren't smaller than they should be. And again dat sexy backplate tho.

5. Comfort

Unlike so many people who use a wrist rest, I prefer not to use one because it takes up unnecessary space that I can use to place a book in when I'm not using my computer but the desk. With that said I can't say if the wrist rest is good or bad simply because I haven't used it. However when I unboxed the keyboard initially, the wrist rest was surprisingly softer than I expected. However it didn't blow me away so I would consider comfort a complaint.

6.Conclusion

Pros

+Great media keys

+Good Performance

+Strong build quality

+Sexy aesthetic quality

+Easy to use features

Cons

-Comfort

-USB placement on the back of the keyboard away from you as opposed to the side.

4/5

I hope you enjoyed this review, I'm not very experienced with reviewing, but constructive criticism is appreciated. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention price! I bought this keyboard for $99 on sale, but usual price is $129.99. In my opinion, it is a little on the expensive side, but when I compare it to a razer blackwidow ultimate for example, I just find this better looking and worth the money. Definitely recommended to those of you out there who want quality and good performance/reliability.

post-70674-0-82875800-1397207695_thumb.j

post-70674-0-25848600-1397207703_thumb.j

post-70674-0-67420100-1397207708_thumb.j

post-70674-0-85134900-1397207715_thumb.j