Updated Core 17 back in beta.

A new Windows GPU Project for Beta testing is live! P7663 uses FAHCore17 and a new version of OpenMM v5.1. It should give more PPD than OpenMM 5.0 which was tested with P7662.

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=24209 (Need to be log-in to F@H forum to see this).

Seeing really good numbers on this core for 6xx Nvidia gpu's and my beta tester friends says the AMD 7xxx should see a small bump up from the previous version of Core 17 as well.

69K PPD on 670FTW at stock

As always, if there any problems with these beta WU/cores, You will not get help until there full release. 

I just got one on my 6870 - went from about 4-5k up to 11K now - updating my NVidia cards now...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Just started GPU folding again, and right of the start my 7850 is getting 52k ppd (checked by TPF calculation)  B). Well, I'm going to the gym now, when I get back I'll update this.

Just seen an Overclocked 7970 listed in that thread. Boy oh boy is the PPD high  :D

Biffa » Mon May 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Running on a 7970 @ 1150 core 1500 mem

CPU usage is 0-1%

Project ID: 7663
Core: ZETA
Credit: 1600
Frames: 100

Name: HD7970 Slot 00
Path: localhost-36330
Number of Frames Observed: 24

Min. Time / Frame : 00:01:16 - 124,561.0 PPD
Avg. Time / Frame : 00:01:18 - 119,801.1 PPD
Cur. Time / Frame : 00:01:16 - 123,692.1 PPD
R3F. Time / Frame : 00:01:18 - 119,349.3 PPD
All Time / Frame : 00:01:18 - 119,349.3 PPD
Eff. Time / Frame : 00:01:20 - 115,256.4 PPD

Uhhhmm, ya....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Jaw drops... My GTX 460 just got one... 46K PPD... if my GPU Folder gets all 7663's... dear lord. :)

how do i make my system work for those projects?

7850 = 53k PPD, 70k overall...

post-10915-0-53839000-1367883988_thumb.p

post-10915-0-53839000-1367883988_thumb.p

Jaw drops... My GTX 460 just got one... 46K PPD... if my GPU Folder gets all 7663's... dear lord. :)

Noooooo, leave those WUs for amd :D... because I heard that 7663 can make nvidia cards explode  :ph34r:

how to you get this beta to try out?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

how to you get this beta to try out?

Configure>Slots>Gpu(edit)>Add(name: "client-type", value: "beta")>Ok>Ok>Save

Thank you qwerty

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

F@H news about the Core on there blog site.

Anyone got a GTX titan to throw in?  :P

MAY 06, 2013
Core 17 update, video, and reddit live Q&A

We’ve updated Core 17 with OpenMM 5.1, so checkout the release video for more info:

A live Q&A is available on reddit.

Some of the key highlights are:
-Up to 120,000 PPD on GTX Titan, and 110,000 PPD on HD 7970
-Support for more diverse simulations
-Linux support on NVIDIA cards and 64bit OSes
-FAHBench updated to use the latest OpenMM and display version information

Full Transcript of the Talk:

Hi I’m Yutong, I’m a GPU core developer here at Folding@home. Today I want to give you guys an update on what we’ve been working on over the past few months. Let’s take a look at the three major components of GPU core development. First off, we have OpenMM, our open source library for MD simulations. It’s used by both FAHBench and Core17. FAHBench is our official benchmarking tool for GPUs, and it supports all OpenCL compatible devices. We’re very happy to tell you guys that it’s been recently added to Anandtech’s GPU test suite. And Core17 is what your Folding@home clients use to do science. By the way, all those arrows just mean that the entire development process is interconnected.

So let’s take a step back in time.

Last year in October, we conceived Core 17. And we had three major goals in mind. We wanted a core that was going to be faster, more stable, and to be able to support more types of simulations than just implicit solvent. But because of how our old core 15 and 16 was written, it was in fact easier for us to write the core from scratch.

So in November, we started rewriting some of the key parts to replace some pre-existing functionality. Over two months, in January, things started to come together. Our work server, assignment server, and client was modified to support Core 17. We also started an internal test team, for the first time ever, using an IRC channel on freenode to provide real-time testing feedback.

In February, Core17 had a public Beta of over 1000 GPUs. And We learnt a lot of valuable things. One of them was that the core wasn’t all that much faster it seems on NVIDIA. Though on AMD things certainly looked brighter. Things still crashed occasionally, and bugs were certainly still present. So we went back to the drawing board to improve the core.

In April, we added a lot of new optimizations and bug fixes to OpenMM. We tested a linux core for the first time ever on GPUs. And our internal testing team had grown to over 30 people. And that brings us to today.

We now support many more types of simulations, ranging from explicit solvent to large systems of up to 100,000 atoms. We improved the stability of our cores. We now have a sustainable code base. We added support for linux for the first time. It’s also really fast – so I’m sure the burning question on your mind is, just how fast is it? Well let’s take a look. On the GTX Titan we saw it from 50,000 points per day to over 120,000 points per day. On the GTX 680, we saw it go from 30,000 points per day to over 80,000 points per day. On the AMD HD 7970, we saw it from 10,000 points per day to over 110,000 points per day. On the AMD HD 7870 we saw it jump from 5,000 points per day to over 50,000 points per day.

We never want to rest on our laurels for too long. We are already planning support for more Intel devices in the future, such as the i7s, integrated graphics cards, and Xeon Phis. We plan to add more projects to Folding@home as time goes on, so researchers within our group can investigate more systems of interest. And as always, we want things to be faster.

Now let’s go back to the beginning again, and here’s you guys can help us. If you’re a programmer, we invite you to contribute to the open source OpenMM project (available on github at the end of the month on github.com/simtk/openmm). If you’re an enthusiast and like to build state-of the-art computers, we encourage you to run FAHBench and join our internal testing team on freenode. If you’re a donor, we’d like you guys to help us spread the word about Folding@home and bring more people, and their machines of course. Now before I wrap things up, there are some people I’d like to thank. Our internal testers are on the right hand side, and they’ve been instrumental in providing me with real time feedback regarding our tests. We couldn’t have done it this fast without them. On the left hand side, are people within the Pande Group, Joseph and Peter are also programmers like me. Diwakar and TJ helped set up many of our projects. Christian and Robert have always been there for support and feedback.

But wait, one last thing. This week, I’ll be doing a Questions and Answers session on reddit at reddit.com/r/folding. So if you’ve got questions, come drop by and hang out with us. Thanks, and bye-bye.

I am really liking all of them points

kLqvHQI.jpg

Wow - these cores should really help give the team a boost!

im getting 17k from my gtx 465 with the beta core testing on my gtx 660ti and both my 8800gts now.

Configure>Slots>Gpu(edit)>Add(name: "client-type", value: "beta")>Ok>Ok>Save

Thanks for the info :D

Sorry for the double post, cant figure out how to delete it

Looks like they've included some system requirements:

Supported OS:

Windows 32-bit
Windows 64-bit
Linux 64-bit

Supported GPUs:
Nvidia -> 400 Series or higher
AMD -> HD 5000 or higher

Recommended Drivers:
Windows Nvidia -> Latest WHQL
Windows AMD -> Latest WHQL
Linux Nvidia -> Latest proprietary drivers (not the open source drivers)
Linux AMD -> Not recommended (the latest proprietary drivers need work)

Note: We haven't yet established the minimum driver version so if you test that, please report it in this thread so we can update this post.

Recommended FAHClient:
V7.1.52 or higher -> Tested in Windows and Linux
v6.41 -> Tested in Windows but preferred to upgrade to V7.1.52 or higher

Sorry ray, Your 8800gts is not support according to this.

Well - both my AMD cards got them - 10k and 11k respectively. All four GPU on the main folder have them now. Have pushed the PDD on that box to just over 109K. :) Try and get a pic later today.

One thing I hate, these Beta cores mess up HFM monitoring. It know the card it there, folding, the project, etc. Just 0 Credit, so 0 PPD calculation. 

Yeeehaw! :) All four GPU's with 7663 - the 660 though isn't seeing much of an improvement, the 560's some and the 460 a HUGE boost

post-765-0-89812500-1367928559.jpg

post-765-0-89812500-1367928559.jpg

Yeeehaw! :) All four GPU's with 7663 - the 660 though isn't seeing much of an improvement, the 560's some and the 460 a HUGE boost

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Mother of God!

I just notice that you have a forum section announcement about this thread. Although this isn't a link to it.  :P (Or at least i'm not seeing a link at my end.)

Though I would mention about it. 

Wow, just changed over to this beta core. Massive improvement on my 7870!

Thanks for the tip :)

post-12980-0-34602800-1367939623_thumb.j

Same for me, my 6950s usually get around 9k on average but now it is getting 15k :D