The end of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency in sight?

I really liked the original intent of cryptocurrency, but never really liked the idea of mining.

coins drop all the time, hopefully it will die but I doubt it will because stupid people like to put value on things that don't have any actual value.

Like the Dollar, perhaps?

I really liked the original intent of cryptocurrency, but never really liked the idea of mining.

Yea, having computers make you money while you do other things is pretty awful. B)

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Goood.... Good....

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

This is my opinion it would be great for it to die out to an extent, were you cant buy, but you can only invest in the computers to create the currency. so all the coins hit pretty much rock bottom, there difficulty "resets", and we can start again this time not wide spread news coverage so that the normal family thinks/knows its not worth investing in a £3000 pc to mine something that is dead. leaving the people who already own a high end PC to carry on mining slowly, while the difficulty increases so does the profit, and over time it levels out at a nice sum for instance BTC=£50 and is relatively okay to mine, who really mines BTC now, there is no money to be made, lite-coin is the next best thing but the same thing is happening to that, That's just my opinion

Haters are gonna hate :D

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

i hope as the gpus will go down in price

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

i hope not

it makes me feel sad when i think about the people who invested with so much money............ :mellow:

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Yeah even government backed fiat currencies don't really work, I don't know why everyone thought that a fiat currency backed by nobody would be a good idea. Bit-coin only took off because of all the hype, I don't really see a bright future for crypto currency.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

This is my opinion it would be great for it to die out to an extent, were you cant buy, but you can only invest in the computers to create the currency. so all the coins hit pretty much rock bottom, there difficulty "resets", and we can start again this time not wide spread news coverage so that the normal family thinks/knows its not worth investing in a £3000 pc to mine something that is dead. leaving the people who already own a high end PC to carry on mining slowly, while the difficulty increases so does the profit, and over time it levels out at a nice sum for instance BTC=£50 and is relatively okay to mine, who really mines BTC now, there is no money to be made, lite-coin is the next best thing but the same thing is happening to that, That's just my opinion

Haters are gonna hate :D

Well you left a lot to hate on. :blink:    A "reset" will never happen. "Wide spread news coverage"?? There was never widespread news coverage at the start, and the rest just WTF!! :wacko:

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Just for fun... anyone know what's the highest value bitcoin has achieved so far?

Just for fun... anyone know what's the highest value bitcoin has achieved so far?

1200  or 1100 something

person below me is a scrub

1200  or 1100 something

Last time I cared about BitCoin I saw it at 800$ when it was at it's peak in social media status, I thought someone said 2000$ plus??!

It varied by exchange, though the highest USD price was seen by Mt.Gox November 29th 2013 where it hit $1242

In other markets such as the Chinese market Huobi exchange peaked for a brief moment at 8000 yuan, roughly $1280 USD.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

@AK0490 there is lots of new coverage about bit coin lately, do you not watch the news, well it is on in the UK, and I know it wll never RESET I just thought that would be awesome in my eyes

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I remember last January the Bitcoin dropped to around $60, then about 6 months later it spiked up $2,000. It'll go back up eventually. 

You obviously have bad memory...

Just call me when AMD cards flood the market and the price drops on the new ones.......fingers crossed  :D

look at the lovely spike in price today <3

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

BTC has now a 200usd drop in 24 Hours and still dropping hot as is droping Litecoin could this mean the end of bitcoin or cryptocurrency sins the past weeks and months of bad news reportings....

zwtf.png

You know what I think it just something people are realizing without people investing in this "digital cash" it has no value people are pulling out as it hard to mine and collect it, and the hardware to get the coins went up for a boom and its coming back down showing the craze is sorta over will it be worth nothing? no people are still going to hold strong and maybe it gets a second wave/second real push to become something but I think it might be the end of it for now and it might be a good thing currently its sorta looked down upon maybe in a few years it will re-enter the market and have a new face and might become something. I like the idea of bit coin but its just like money, this hole gpu mining concept just isn't a good platform for a currency, it doesn't allow easy access for all to get in and earn and just isn't practical for everyone to be using basically power to create money.   

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

I could care less about crypto currency, as long as I can buy a GPU for at or under retail price, I'm fine with anything. (Used R9 290s at $350)

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.