Mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras?

Are they any good, should I get one over a DSLR? What are some of your thoughts about them?

And any good lenses for them?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

There are somre pretty good ones, like the Panasonic GH line. They are smaller, but often have a smaller sensor so (in theory) worse low light performance and sless shallow depth of field. Personally, i'm thinking of upgrading to on at some point.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

If I'm not mistaken, these are still DSLR's, they're just way slimmer. They're great if you have the money to buy a full 35mm sensor mirrorless one, otherwise I don't see a point in spending the extra money unless you need the portability.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

There are somre pretty good ones, like the Panasonic GH line. They are smaller, but often have a smaller sensor so (in theory) worse low light performance and sless shallow depth of field. Personally, i'm thinking of upgrading to on at some point.

If I'm not mistaken, these are still DSLR's, they're just way slimmer. They're great if you have the money to buy a full 35mm sensor mirrorless one, otherwise I don't see a point in spending the extra money unless you need the portability.

Any good lenses for them?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Any good lenses for them?

Yes, of course there are.

Mirrorless are pretty much the same as dslrs. The biggest difference is the optical rangefinder and that there are more dslrs with 35mm and apsc (2/3 of 35mm) senors and the size.

You can also use a lot of other lenses with adapters.

First of all, mirorless doesn't equate to smaller sensor. Yes, the most popular MILC use a Micro4/3 sensor which is smaller then the traditional APS-C sensor found in DSLRs, but Sony's NEX line are MILC yet still have a APS-C sensor in them and Leica even has a full frame sensored MILC.

As I see it, MILC's biggest benefit is the size. Without the mirror they can be much smaller yet still offer about the same image quality as DSLRs.

Downsides? Well, the lack of an optical viewfinder is one, but you can easily get one as an accessory so that's not a problem.

This is obviously a short summary and I've probably a whole lot of things, so if you are interested in all the proper facts give a read at this Wiki article: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirrorless_interchangeable-lens_camera

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I have a Sony SLT A65 which is a translucent mirror. But i have used the A7r and also the Nex 7 and they are both outstanding cameras. 

Sony Nex is the way to go if you want a mirror less i would say.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....