The Walt Disney Company and EA Announce Multi-Year Star Wars Games Agreement

Under the agreement, EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for a core gaming audience, spanning all interactive platforms and the most popular game genres, while Disney will retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet and online game categories.

Source:http://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/walt-disney-company-and-ea-announce-multi-year-star-wars-games-agreement

So people who were waiting for Battlefront 3 might get it with EA's Frostbite 3 engine,including some other random Star Wars that they will make.I think people were expecting this to happen already.

I think they better let DICE make Battlefront 3.

*This is my first post in the news section.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Well I cant wait to hear the opinion of Linus and Slick on this given there "good" experience with EA.

Lets hope they dont screw it up, I still have faith in EA, in Dice ea. Battlefield in the Star Wars universe is an instant buy, especially because of the frostbite engine.

Well there goes any hope for any decent Star Wars game

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

What scares me the most is looking at EA situation, they need money, a lot of money, and desperate companies rarely make good decisions.

What we want: EA takes their time and really put some creative effort on the games, don't punish developers for not meeting crappy metacritic expectations and other nice things.

What will probably happen: LETS milk this franchise!!!! MOAR GAMES!!!MORE DLC!!!MORE DLC!WE NEED THE $$$$!

Steam: gray_fox_br

Let's watch EA f*ck up star wars! This is so bad, why couldn't a good company like Bethesda or Rockstar make it!?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

yes my first news post and already a livestream topic.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

yes my first news post and already a livestream topic.

Haha nice, I made an account just to post this news, but you were before me :3

Soon, sooooonn

i don't know if i prefer no star wars game any-more or EA doing them ^^

what doesn't kill me, level me up !

Just give it to DICE for the love of god

Wow. Just wow. Added to live stream topics for this week.

To be fair, I think you would have covered it even if it wasn't EA :P I've always wanted EA , more specifically DICE, to stay away from Star Wars FPS' . I know I might get flak for this but I really don't feel like wanting a Battlefield 3 style Star Wars game :(

Just give it to DICE for the love of god

I hope DICE makes it but there a possibility that Bioware might develop a game. 

As much as I think we are going to get about 100 truely terrible games or great games ruined by "always on" or some other EA bullshit. 

IF we get just 1 outstanding Star Wars game, eg: TIE FIGHTER, KOTOR (1 or 2), Rebel Assault 2, Jedi Knight, X-Wing Alliance, every 3 years then, in my opinion it will be worth it. I still play all of the games I just listed from time to time and they are still great. If EA bring something like those to the table then I'll be happy.

We have always had terrible Star Wars games with the occasional gem. I mean think of Kinect..... :S and EA are terrible and make awful decisions a lot of the time but they sometimes manage to get everything right and release a great game.

EA.

A collection of good developers ( DICE Bioware ) all being controlled by their Overlord EA

Although i don't like EA. I do like battlefield, and battlefront 3 on frostbite could work. Lets just hope it goes the battlefield way, not the medal of honour way

I don't really post much, but this is just.... I'm not even sure how to properly phrase just how bad this is...

Does anyone remember when EA were awesome?

Fifa world cup '98 was an awesome N64 game. The C-up button made you do a deliberate dangerous tackle / theatrical dive, the choices of hair colour were yellow, ginger, brown or black, and all black people looked the same.

Now that was a game.

While this sounds bad, Battlefront 3 with Frostbite sounds epic. I look forward with very cautious optimism.

Although i don't like EA. I do like battlefield, and battlefront 3 on frostbite could work. Lets just hope it goes the battlefield way, not the medal of honour way

Medal of Honor: Warfighter was actually a good game. The one before it, not so much imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Go home EA, you're drunk !