Configuring SGMiner config, help appreciated.

Hello, I have no experience with setting up miners and I need to know how to set up Vertminer.
First up I have a Gigabyte R9 280X in my system atm and I'll put the second one in after I get Vertminer sorted out. I'm running Win 7 64bit.
I have v0.5.2 of Vertminer and I need some help on how to set up the config file and then how to set the rest up. I'd like it very much if some of you could share what's in your config file and what hashrate/s you get too.

I've tried a few configs but I have no idea what I'm doing lol :P
If you can I'd also appreciate a link to a good guide but I'd be happier if you could explain it. Thanks if you help me out.
Cheers!

Edit: I'm up to configuring SGMiner now and I'd really like it if you guys could share your configs, or at least help me out in some way. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I was just looking at that actually. I just got 0.5.3 and I was wondering how the text goes in the file. Does each thing (Idk lol) need to be on a separate line or can it just be on one?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I was just looking at that actually. I just got 0.5.3 and I was wondering how the text goes in the file. Does each thing (Idk lol) need to be on a separate line or can it just be on one?

I dont know anything about mining, I just searched on google

hopefully people who actually mine thisn coin will help more than i can

Looking for a job

With the settings for the first config in the link I get this:

Vertminer.png

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Also this is my first day on this so I'd really like it if you guys could help me gain a better understanding with Vertminer. Thanks. 

Edit: I think it was the pool, I need to know what I put for the username lol, do I just make one up or use my VTC address?

Vertminer_1.png

???

K, so this is what I have in the batch file:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 COLOR 0A vertminer.exe --scrypt-vert -o stratum+tcp://vtc.westlist.com:3444 -u xxx.2 -p 2 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune 10 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-cutoff 90 --auto-gpu --gpu-engine 1020-1040,1020-1050,1020-1050,1020-1050 --gpu-memclock 1500 --temp-target 76 --gpu-fan 40-90 --auto-fan --gpu-vddc 1.13,1.13,1.13,1.13 --thread-concurrency 8193 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum.vertco.in:8080 -u xxxx.1 -p 1

When I start Vertminer I enter the pool address and username and password (I just made them both up) and I get ~9KH/s. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. Thanks. 

You have to sign up for the pool. After you sign up you have to go to the workers page and create a new worker. This worker and password is what you will put in the .bat. 

Get rid of all that crap in your .bat to start, try this after you set up a worker.

etx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 COLOR 0A vertminer.exe --scrypt-vert -o stratum+tcp://vtc.westlist.com:3444 -u xxx.2 -p 2 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2  --thread-concurrency 8193 

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

I just noticed that you just copied the whole .bat including the pool. That pool is VERY small and it could take a very long time to get anything, I would recommend using another. I have used this pool and it has been working finefor me. https://vtcpool.co.uk/index.php

@AK0490

Well to start I was told that the variable 200 and 1 conflict, and is why I'm using 100 and 1 atm. It changed so many times yesterday. I was going to use Simplevert as the pool and I've been just entering the URL username and password when I start Vertminer up. 

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 vertminer.exe --scrypt-vert -o pooladdress:port -u workername -p password -g 2 -I 13 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8250 --gpu-memclock 1800 --gpu-engine 1140 --gpu-powertune 20 --temp-target 80 --gpu-fan 10-100 --queue 1 --expiry 120 --scan-time 60 --api-listen

I've been using that. And also I want to know if I want to just have it automatically connect to the pool when I start Vertminer what do I change? Like do I change the p before password (or password it'self) into the pool's password? Keep in mind I now have 2 Gigabyte R9 280Xs in my rig except I don't know why the other one is showing up in HWMonitor, actually anywhere. 

AMD Catalyst Control Center says that the CrossFireX bridge isn't connected properly, so Idk what I should do to make my system, recognise the card without using the CF bridge. 

I'd also like to add that I haven't under/overclocked my card yet so any suggestions for the mem and clock speeds would be great. 

Edit: I also need to know what goes in what file, I have a batch and a config file and I've seen people with some stuff in the batch and some other stuff in the config but others with everything in the batch file. 

Also I have been persuaded to use SGMiner, could I still use the same configs from people who use Vertminer?

All you need to do is run the .bat from the folder with the vertminer.exe, you will not have to type your pool in manually. This is how it should look. Your username and password are the ones you set up on the pool website. NOT your pool login post-5281-0-17504600-1397178143_thumb.pn

All you need to do is run the .bat from the folder with the vertminer.exe, you will not have to type your pool in manually. This is how it should look. Your username and password are the ones you set up on the pool website. NOT your pool login

What about that Colour part? Also the one I want to join doesn't require me to login. 

What about that Colour part? Also the one I want to join doesn't require me to login. 

I'm not sure what you mean by, "colour part". As for the login,  just put your address in as the username and x as the password for that pool.

You have to sign up for the pool. After you sign up you have to go to the workers page and create a new worker. This worker and password is what you will put in the .bat. 

Get rid of all that crap in your .bat to start, try this after you set up a worker.

etx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 COLOR 0A vertminer.exe --scrypt-vert -o stratum+tcp://vtc.westlist.com:3444 -u xxx.2 -p 2 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2  --thread-concurrency 8193 

There. 

I'm not sure what you mean by, "colour part". As for the login,  just put your address in as the username and x as the password for that pool.

K, I'll try that out, if I can, the power keeps cutting out. 

It just makes the text green ;)  

It just makes the text green ;)  

K lol. Also I want Windows 8.1 :P

What should I look out for when I'm trying to find a pool? Atm I'm looking for a pool that has <100% efficiency, 0% fee and lowest latency possible, and also up time but not so much. Should I try and join the largest pool? or maybe just a medium sized pool, also what would be considered a large/medium pool. Sorry for all of the questions lol, I'd really like to know as much as possible. 

K lol. Also I want Windows 8.1 :P

What should I look out for when I'm trying to find a pool? Atm I'm looking for a pool that has <100% efficiency, 0% fee and lowest latency possible, and also up time but not so much. Should I try and join the largest pool? or maybe just a medium sized pool, also what would be considered a large/medium pool. Sorry for all of the questions lol, I'd really like to know as much as possible. 

I'm not sure what the big pools for vert are, if a pool can find a block every few hours it's good enough for me.

I'm not sure what the big pools for vert are, if a pool can find a block every few hours it's good enough for me.

Righto, I've got one, and another 2 as back-ups. Let's see if I can get it working. 

SGMiner_not_working.png

Hmm, doesn't seem to want to work. That's with SGMiner mind you. @AK0490

I've got this in the batch file:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
del *.bin
Color 0A
sgminer --algorithm nscrypt

And this in the Config file:

{
"pools" : [
{
  "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.simplevert.com:3343",
  "user" : "VccVB2Ek1Fj8s4smeQcnve87aGmgB9p4ao.DIV1D3",
  "pass" : "x"
},
{
  "url" : "stratum+tcp://asia.vertsquad.com:8080",
},
{
  "url" : "stratum+tcp://usa2.coinhuntr.com:3333",
}
]
"intensity" : "13,13",
"vectors" : "1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192",
"gpu-engine" : "1090,1070",
"shaders" : "2048,2048",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "-20,-20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",

SGMiner_not_working.png

Hmm, doesn't seem to want to work. That's with SGMiner mind you. @AK0490

I've got this in the batch file:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200

del *.bin

Color 0A

sgminer --algorithm nscrypt

And this in the Config file:

{

"pools" : [

{

"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.simplevert.com:3343",

},

{

"url" : "stratum+tcp://asia.vertsquad.com:8080",

},

{

"url" : "stratum+tcp://usa2.coinhuntr.com:3333",

}

]

"intensity" : "13,13",

"vectors" : "1,1",

"worksize" : "256,256",

"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt",

"lookup-gap" : "2,2",

"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192",

"gpu-engine" : "1090,1070",

"shaders" : "2048,2048",

"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500",

"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0",

"gpu-powertune" : "-20,-20",

"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",

"api-mcast-port" : "4028",

"api-port" : "4028",

"expiry" : "1",

"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",

"gpu-platform" : "0",

"gpu-threads" : "2",

You only need a .bat file OR a config file, not both. 

Personally I greatly prefer .bat files. Try putting this in your .bat file and running the .bat file. I used the pool info you put above.

etx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
COLOR 0A
sgminer.exe --algorithm nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.simplevert.com:3343 -u VccVB2Ek1Fj8s4smeQcnve87aGmgB9p4ao.DIV1D3 -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1030 --gpu-memclock 1500 -g 2

Also, Simplevert is the only one of those pools that will work like you have it. The other two you have to register and use a worker you make on the site, not your vert address. 

You only need a .bat file OR a config file, not both. 

Personally I greatly prefer .bat files. Try putting this in your .bat file and running the .bat file. I used the pool info you put above.

etx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
COLOR 0A
sgminer.exe --algorithm nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.simplevert.com:3343 -u VccVB2Ek1Fj8s4smeQcnve87aGmgB9p4ao.DIV1D3 -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1030 --gpu-memclock 1500 -g 2

Also, Simplevert is the only one of those pools that will work like you have it. The other two you have to register and use a worker you make on the site, not your vert address. 

Well I sorted it out, I'm using SGMiner.

This is what I have atm in my .bat:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

del *.bin

Color 0A

sgminer --algorithm nscrypt -d 0 --intensity 13 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 --gpu-powertune 0 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.simplevert.com:3343 -u VccVB2Ek1Fj8s4smeQcnve87aGmgB9p4ao.DIV1D3 -p x

I'm not using the Config file.

I've got the 280X at 1000/1500 getting 250KH/s drawing 370Ws and producing 76*. I've got 5 fans trying to cool it lol, hopefully I can get better KH and temps by Monday. 

Hi guys, I'd like it if you could share your SGMiner configs with me as I'm having no luck. I can't get my 280X above 220KH/s and I've just put my second one in. I really need some help, thanks. 

Ppl, I need help. Please! I can't get over 230KH D:, please could you at least send me link to a place that has a config?

What speeds are you able to get with normal scrypt mining? Find good settings for scrypt before jumping into adaptive N factor.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

What speeds are you able to get with normal scrypt mining? Find good settings for scrypt before jumping into adaptive N factor.

Haven't tried, why should I need to? *sigh* 

I'll try that but what do I need to change to mine a certain crypto? Do I just change the pool and algorithm to just scrypt?

Here is what I have for my .bat and config files. If anyone can help me out in optimising them for 1/3 280Xs than I'd greatly appreciate that. 

http://pastebin.com/688HST2g

http://pastebin.com/5Et5CN90