The Last of Us: Remastered - Confirmed for PS4 on Official PlayStation Blog

Askew

I am going to buy it again no doubt, one of my favourite games ever, and now the remaster is official!

Also Eric Monacelli from Naughty Dog posted on his Twitter and in the blog that they are targeting 60fps, and all the DLC from the PS3 version will be included, am a very happy bunny indeed!

13741695334_e2f461ca7a.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-remastered-coming-to-ps4-summer-2014/

best game ever

but im gonna wait like a year until i buy a ps4

not many exclusives worth having

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Not having backwards compatibility, so they can make "HD Remastered versions" and make more money.... What happened to that old feature? My best gaming experience on console has to be my PS2 because of that...

Not having backwards compatibility, so they can make "HD Remastered versions" and make more money.... What happened to that old feature? My best gaming experience on console has to be my PS2 because of that...

The Cell architecture basically guarunteed that they could not have native backwards compatibility with PS3 titles.

The Cell architecture basically guarunteed that they could not have native backwards compatibility with PS3 titles.

They can't even try to emulate/simulate it? Is it a similar reason with PS3 and Xbox one? I still feel it is quite lame, especially when you have to rebuy the remastered edition. The games I've actually liked the most are on PS2 and PS1. :(

Such a great game - Though it won't  be the same playing It again, and besides I don't own a PS4 anyways!

They can't even try to emulate/simulate it? Is it a similar reason with PS3 and Xbox one? I still feel it is quite lame, especially when you have to rebuy the remastered edition. The games I've actually liked the most are on PS2 and PS1. :(

Won't the PS4 eventually stream your PS3 PSN games? I heard that somewhere I think...

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

The indication that Sony have given as that they intend to at some point use the streaming service they aquired earlier in order to offer backwards compatibility through the cloud.

I am dubious because of the latency that is inherent with cloud gaming.

something to do with hardware compatibility or so they say..

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

something to do with hardware compatibility or so they say..

"The new hardware can't handle older generations of games" just plain out sounds bad.... If they just made working emulators on PC, I would be on that... The current ones sometimes don't work too well for some games.

actualy getting a ps4 for this... was gonna get a ps3 for it but heard rumours it was getting a ps4 release

Character artist in the Games industry.

I might get this, I sold my ps3 before this came out. I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit though.

I'm gonna be going straight to that Survivor mode, on my PS3 I have the trophies for Survivor and Survivor+ and I firmly believe having played all the difficulties that Survivor makes it a far superior experience due to the removal of Joel's listening mode and the increased sense of tension and lack of supplies.

It feels like a different game at some points because the stealth is much more difficult to pull off if you are going to try and do it with minimal detection/combat and using chokeouts wherever possible. I'd recommend a play through on Normal beforehand to help you learn roughtly where enemies patrol.

This rerelease doesn't steal anyone's money, or force people to buy it, its optional for those who want to rebuy, or gasp, never played in the first place

This is the bigger reason for the rerelease, PS4 got a lot of new customers from xbox or that didn't have PS3s:

I might get this, I sold my ps3 before this came out. I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit though.

actualy getting a ps4 for this... was gonna get a ps3 for it but heard rumours it was getting a ps4 release

If its 60 FPS ill probably buy it when it drops in price, i already have it for PS3

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I'm not really sure it's my type of game but with such widespread critical acclaim it must be something special :P

I'm not really sure it's my type of game but with such widespread critical acclaim it must be something special :P

It is, it's not overhyped IMO, I played it very late and I'd heard all the raving about it and when I played it I was completely sucked in and played the game several times over afterward.

"The new hardware can't handle older generations of games" just plain out sounds bad.... If they just made working emulators on PC, I would be on that... The current ones sometimes don't work too well for some games.

A good way to explain it would be looking at it at how PC and apple were incompatible before apple switched to Intel. The fundamental CPU technology is just not compatible. The only console that's got decent B/C is the WiiU, which is using a 3 core version of the CPU from the Wii, which it self was using a some what upgraded version of the CPU in the Gamecube. If I were to choose between having a higher performing console vs one that had backwards compatibility and gimped performances, I'd go the performance. As especially in this case we are looking at the possibility of emulation down the road of ps1/2 on the actual hardware and with ps3 streaming.

Give it a couple of years and people tend to care less about the older games as there are enough new ones to keep one entertained. The ones that still want to play the older games, I would say are a bit more dedicated to the system and would probably keep the older console with all their game saves anyway. We are just in a period of where there are still great games being released on the ps3 and ps4 game production not really fully ramped up yet.

And like you said, software emulation still doesn't always work. Hopefully moving forward Sony stays with the x86 architecture which would mean backwards compatibility should be much much smoother as it is with PCs. Though who knows where the CPU/Console market will be in 5/6/7 years time :P

And just to every one. Sony is not forcing ANYONE to buy this :P. If one feels compelled to buy a game they already have, its your choice. The ps3 version you might already have will run just the same. This is purely for people that might have missed it on the ps3 and bought a ps4.

I'm actually really excited about this. Even though I have a ps3 I never bothered buying the game and instead just watched a playthrough on YouTube. Now I can actually play it myself.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."