The(promised) Samson Meteor microphone review!

ManOfDisguise

So I got my Samson Meteor one day early! And man its good! Lets get right to it:

Build quality

Maaan its good! It is a little bit on the heavier size but that only adds to the quality. No stupid plastic or your usual stuff like that. This baby SCREAMS quality. It feels good, it has a nice weight, its sturdy, the legs fold and unfold nicely and the whole construction feels and is very durable. If this mic were to cost several times more than it does you would still feel like you have bought a truly greatly built product. If I had to rate it(not my thing) it would definitely get 10/10!

Ease of use

Can't get easier than this! No drivers required, just plug and play! Honestly there isnt really much to say about this as thats really the only thing you have to do however it might recognise this both as a mic and speakers so just be warned of that because when I plugged it in the speakers stopped playing sound so I had to go back to audio settings in control panel and confirm that I want to use my speakers for sound

Size

It's a pretty compact microphone. Much smaller compared to something like the Yeti.Ehm if I would have to compare it to some object, it's a bit taller than my phone(Motorola Razr). Really this is a pretty small microphone and it will definitely not get in your way! Trust me the size is not a thing to complain about

Sound Quality

Let's be honest, this is what all of you came here for. Anyway down below I have a short sound test of my voice recorded with Nvidia Shadowplay. Note I dont have a pop filter for this mic and everythign is pretty much barebones. I was sitting about 40 cm away from the microphone again, the microphone didnt stand at any angle all the legs were pretty much as high as they can be so it was in its standard stance,  I didnt use any special recording software this is all through shadowplay and keep in mind this video was recorded in one go and this is pretty much my first time making a YT video so yea I know I stutter quite a lot when I speak and im definitely not that good at...well...talking. But hopefully you will be able to get an idea of what this microphone sounds like in its barebones configuration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdF_iFwPNXg&feature=youtu.be

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Samson ahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlGEuhRAMaM

PS: Only Dutch/Belgian people understand this.

could you please explain it to us? so that we can have a laugh too :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Samson ahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlGEuhRAMaM

PS: Only Dutch/Belgian people understand this.

lol

anyway what did you think of my review?(and commentating) i know its not the best but i just wana know how i did :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

lol

anyway what did you think of my review?(and commentating) i know its not the best but i just wana know how i did :P

Good and short review, nice that you included a test video.

Good and short review, nice that you included a test video.

thanks! and yea i know i sound boring but it was shot in one go and my 1st time making a vid haha

Specs of my PC: