Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://georiot.co/23QC

My review of the Bowers and Wilkin MM-1 speakers kicks off a series of 5 desktop speakers that I'll be checking out over the next couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy it!

My review of the Bowers and Wilkin MM-1 speakers kicks off a series of 5 desktop speakers that I'll be checking out over the next couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy it!

They look pretty good just from that video still. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@LinusTech please come with some relatively affordable speakers in the future :-)

$500... holy balls that's way too much.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

This series will be interesting, i have found that to get good sound out of speakers you either have to be lucky and have a old family member that bought a amazing system WAY back that you get or you have to spend massive sums of money to get good sound when compared to 500$ headphones

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

@LinusTech please come with some relatively affordable speakers in the future :-)

they still suck tho, so whats the point in reviewing even worse speakers? good speakers costs a fortune, if you want anything even close to the sound quality of 400-500$ headphones you could need to spend near 800$ PER speaker to even try to compete..

holy jesus they are expensive, they are more expensive then the weird companies like bose, ill stick with creative and logitech thank you.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

they still suck tho, so whats the point in reviewing even worse speakers? good speakers costs a fortune, if you want anything even close to the sound quality of 400-500$ headphones you could need to spend near 800$ PER speaker to even try to compete..

Quality isn't direct related to price.

Take a look at Beats By Dre and such.

These B&W's are overpriced for what they are.

WOW $500!! that's unreal

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Quality isn't direct related to price.

Take a look at Beats By Dre and such.

These B&W's are overpriced for what they are.

yes, but they dont sell individual speakers for 1000-3000$ for the brand only..

I'm guessing that $500 would be AU$700 here or more. Probably an insane AU$1,000. :P

Since you mentioned the Bose Companion 5 speaker set, will you be reviewing those as well?

Since you mentioned the Bose Companion 5 speaker set, will you be reviewing those as well?

yes.

yes.

Thanks for the response. Those are the ones I have now, so I'm curious how they'll stack up against your other choices.

If you're ready to spend $500, I would recommend Genelec 6010A speakers. I have heard good things about them. Also, Genelec is a Finnish brand making studio monitors - they are like sennheiser of speakers in a way.

CD quality audio uses 1.411 Mbps, A2DP has a max throughput of only 768kbps. Because of this limitation, compression is necessary and audio fidelity is lost.

Plug in a wire...

Yamaha MSP5 Studio Monitor

http://amzn.com/B000Z75616

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

If you thought the headphone audiophiles were bad...

In the speaker audiophile world, that's entry level.

If you thought the headphone audiophiles were bad...

In the speaker audiophile world, that's entry level.

I'll stick with headphones. My audiotechnica headphones are lovely.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I'll stick with headphones. My audiotechnica headphones are lovely.

Just a quick little off-topic question mate. Do think you'll ever change your profile pic to say different pic of John Barrowmen or a different pic entirely? Just wondering.

hmm i would got for that hulu plus offer as i use hulu but paying to have ads in my shows is stupid

Just a quick little off-topic question mate. Do think you'll ever change your profile pic to say different pic of John Barrowmen or a different pic entirely? Just wondering.

why would anyone want to change John Barrowman,

why would anyone want to change John Barrowman,

I haven't the foggiest idea why you would want to do that. What the heck was I thinking? :P

Sexy, wwwaaayyyy too much though. Hope you'll be reviewing some 2.1 systems in this series, looking for something to replace my 10 year old Altec Lansing's :)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F