Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo vs 412S

iNsahne303

I'm running an i5 3570k at 4.1 GHz atm. To push that further I need a new CPU cooler and I'm just wondering what to get.

I came to the conclusion that one of the 2 Hypers would be the best since the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is a little on the expensive side.

So what would you recommend since I can't find any big differences and what second fan would you put on it?

Where I life, the 212 is 1 Buck cheaper so price doesn't matter.

noctua is better at air cooling solutions also that cooler seems to working better with push pull compared to 412s 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

the 212 gets really loud at 1600rpm, where do you live and how much do you want to pay for a cooler?

I live in Switzerland and I'm wiling to spend up to 80 Swiss Francs on a cooler which is worth the money

you can get a Thermalright HR-02 Macho for 58CHF or a Be Quiet! Darf Rock Advanced C1 for 66CHF, both are great and silent.

on digitech.ch

The cpu cooler productline here in europe it totally different then in north america. We like our stuff to be silent :D

The 212 is really great for it's size. You should only consider it though if size is important. I am using the 412S myself. It's not top tier at all, but it is a good value. Changing the fan can be a real improvement. Sounds like in your budget it will be one of the best options.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have though about this and I will be going with the Noctua mainly because of its performance but also because of the good support noctua offers and the silence it. Anyway thank you for your sugestions. :)

The Noctua NH-D14 is $77 USD at newegg which converts to around 72 Swiss Franc. Not sure what the real price would be in your retail stores.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer