Best possible gaming PC build? Budget=$1500

Pajamasam

Hey everyone. (= This would be my first time building a PC, and I was wondering if someone could help me maximize value for a PC build at $1500. Is it possible to get 60+ fps at high or maximum settings in games like Rust / Dayz / Bioshock infinite / Titanfall with my current budget?

The parts I already own for this build (this means more room for spending on the rest of the build!<3) are

450gb SSD

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M7XSOE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

G9 Optical Mouse

and I MIGHT have a case, either the 450 or 650 corsair carbide series, but I would still include a case (preferably similar to these) in the budget just to be on the safe side.

*******Accessories to be included in the budget*******

Monitor

Keyboard

I greatly appreciate any help, you guys(and ladies, potentially) all seem very experienced. I look forward to hearing from someone! C:

you forgot 1 detail location? use the quote button if you want me to get back to you 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ NCIX US) 

Monitor:  AOC i2369V 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.99 @ Micro Center) 

Keyboard:  Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1539.89

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-08 01:16 EDT-0400)

you forgot 1 detail location? use the quote button if you want me to get back to you 

Southeastern USA. Freedom discount applied

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor:  AOC i2369V 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.99 @ Micro Center) 
Keyboard:  Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1539.89
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-08 01:16 EDT-0400)

I like how you included the GTX 780, it's hard to believe it's in my budget but this appears to prove it is. Could you explain your choices and why? Computer building for dummies lesson plz<3

Southeastern USA. Freedom discount applied

dang @TheNinjaNextDor beat me to it 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

dang @TheNinjaNextDor beat me to it 

Maybe you could help explain the part choices for me? A second chance to prove yourself, haha ;)

I like how you included the GTX 780, it's hard to believe it's in my budget but this appears to prove it is. Could you explain your choices and why? Computer building for dummies lesson plz<3

CPU: Best gaming CPU

GPU: It's a 780 and gives you epeen :P It's also from EVGA which will give you a great cooler and customer support/warranty

CPU Cooler: Widely recommended and gives you great temps

HDD: Quiet and solid. Also very cheap.

Motherboard: Solid motherboard for OCing and general use

Memory: Perfect amount for gaming and from a solid brand

Case: Very well built and recommended (I want it lol)

Monitor: Cheap IPS monitor that looks really nice (I want it as a second monitor)

Keyboard: Highly recommended and used by me

Forgot! PSU: Great brand and quiet/80+ Gold rated

Look at my specs on my profile page, I have a lot of these things.

CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard:  ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 

Memory:  Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card  ($659.99 @ Newegg) 

Monitor:  Dell S2240M 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 

Keyboard:  Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($75.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards) 

Total: $1517.89

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-08 01:24 EDT-0400)

CPU is for gaming.

The cooler is great

Motherboard has SLI support (allows you to have two or more graphics cards).

Memory, Decent memory, cheap.

Storage, very reliable disk compared to Seagate barracuda.

Video card: Overkill, but if you want the extra FPS over 780 you are welcome.

Case, really quiet and awesome.

Powersuplly is enought to fit your needs and gold certified.

Monitor is IPS, which I think is awesome.

Keyboard is a great one.

If you need to get soem better parts, drop the 780 ti and get a 780.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Maybe you could help explain the part choices for me? A second chance to prove yourself, haha ;)

welp ill go through each part 

cpu 4670k great gaming cpu theres a amd alternative fx-8320/8350 but the 4670k will do better in single core threaded games

cooler good price to performance cooler that will allow you to over clock

fine gigabyte z87 motherboard with all the z87 features

corsair memory nuff said 8gb all you need

1tb enough space for all your p0rn... wait wut

evga gtx 780 awesome card enjoy 1440p ultra settings

case <333333333333 the r4

good evga budget psu

fine isp monitor

k70 <333333 amazing mechanical keyboard   

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

CPU: Best gaming CPU

GPU: It's a 780 and gives you epeen :P It's also from EVGA which will give you a great cooler and customer support/warranty

CPU Cooler: Widely recommended and gives you great temps

HDD: Quiet and solid. Also very cheap.

Motherboard: Solid motherboard for OCing and general use

Memory: Perfect amount for gaming and from a solid brand

Case: Very well built and recommended (I want it lol)

Monitor: Cheap IPS monitor that looks really nice (I want it as a second monitor)

Keyboard: Highly recommended and used by me

Forgot! PSU: Great brand and quiet/80+ Gold rated

Look at my specs on my profile page, I have a lot of these things.

Do I need to know anything about overclocking to make full use of this build? I'm a dummy when it comes to this, but I learn fast.

Also, you said you would use that monitor as your second monitor, but it's not great enough to be your choice for primary. What would be your primary choice, assuming there was a little additional budget?

Specs

Do I need to know anything about overclocking to make full use of this build? I'm a dummy when it comes to this, but I learn fast.

Also, you said you would use that monitor as your second monitor, but it's not great enough to be your choice for primary. What would be your primary choice, assuming there was a little additional budget?

You don't need to know all about OCing, but you should do it when you get everything. Watch guides and stuff.

I said it because of my current monitor the PB278Q. I would definitely get that monitor if I didn't have this one. The PB278Q would be my choice of primary monitor for this build, but that one I put in there is amazing. A lot of people like it. Don't sacrifice PC components for a way more expensive monitor lol

For a primary monitor if you have budget then you can go with 120 Hz refresh rate, it will make the game seem smoother provided that your GPU can handle it (for a 780, not many game that it cant handle). I still use a 60 Hz monitor as my primary just because I dont want to buy a new one ASAP and I'm still waiting for G-sync, but this is up to you.

For overclock, there's tons of guide out there, just google overclocking + CPU name + Motherboard name and it should give you a few guide. 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($92.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $1282.88

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-08 01:36 EDT-0400)

Could get a 780Ti, but I recommend against it, 200$ for an extra 10fps

You don't need to know all about OCing, but you should do it when you get everything. Watch guides and stuff.

I said it because of my current monitor the PB278Q. I would definitely get that monitor if I didn't have this one. The PB278Q would be my choice of primary monitor for this build, but that one I put in there is amazing. A lot of people like it. Don't sacrifice PC components for a way more expensive monitor lol

So

#1) I should start learning about overclocking, or make another post about it with my specs posted after I gather all of these parts.

#2) I should stick with the suggested monitor and possibly upgrade later, as the suggested monitor would make a great secondary and no money would be lost.

#3) You are my hero, and credit to Sav1our too. You guys are so awesome!

So

#1) I should start learning about overclocking, or make another post about it with my specs posted after I gather all of these parts.

#2) I should stick with the suggested monitor and possibly upgrade later, as the suggested monitor would make a great secondary and no money would be lost.

#3) You are my hero, and credit to Sav1our too. You guys are so awesome!

Yep. Free performance!

You could upgrade it or get two more for surround

YAY @SAV1OUR

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($92.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $1282.88

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-08 01:36 EDT-0400)

Could get a 780Ti, but I recommend against it, 200$ for an extra 10fps

Thanks coolbeans. Any reason you chose the different PSU and different monitor than Ninja's build?

Also, what antivirus is suggested? We can assume I have extra money for that, if needed.

Thanks coolbeans. Any reason you chose the different PSU and different monitor than Ninja's build?

Seasonic is the most reliable brand for PSUs. For the monitor, I know Asus makes good monitors, I don't know about AOC though

Also, what antivirus is suggested? We can assume I have extra money for that, if needed.

You don't need one since Windows comes with it, but it's a little safer. Mostly just use common sense lol

I had that Asus monitor. It's HORRIBLE.