How to get started mining Litecoin

im just going to number my questions lol

1. how do i start Litecoin mining?

2. whats the best wallet service?

3. is it worth it for me?

4. what is the best config for my GPU (OC'ing wise)

i live in the US and my pc is in my signature.

Thanks guys!!

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

your not going to be mining very well with a nvidia card 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Thanks guys!!

You're going to mine at a loss :( So i don't know how bad you want to go through with this

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

You're going to mine at a loss :( So i don't know how bad you want to go through with this

thats pretty much what i was wondering

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

your not going to be mining very well with a nvidia card 

ive read a few places saying that you can get around 600kh/s

thats pretty much what i was wondering

You'd pay more in electricity than you would receive in terms of litecoin, sorry bud :(

ive read a few places saying that you can get around 600kh/s

your still going to be paying more in power bills then you will be making 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You'd pay more in electricity than you would receive in terms of litecoin, sorry bud :(

haha no problem. when would it be worth for me to mine? if litecoin was at what price?

your still going to be paying more in power bills then you will be making 

okay lol i was just saying. thanks!

haha no problem. when would it be worth for me to mine? if litecoin was at what price?

I mean you could mine now, and hope that the price of litecoin does rise, there's calculators for profitability like this one

http://www.vnbitcoin.org/litecoincalculator.php

I mean you could mine now, and hope that the price of litecoin does rise, there's calculators for profitability like this one

http://www.vnbitcoin.org/litecoincalculator.php

that all confuses me to hell but thanks lol

that all confuses me to hell but thanks lol

Sorry haha, this one should be simpler :)

http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php

Sorry haha, this one should be simpler :)

http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php

know of any good pools?

know of any good pools?

I belonged here for a while, https://www.wemineltc.com/

But I've been out of the mining game for a while. Do a little research, wouldn't hurt :)

I belonged here for a while, https://www.wemineltc.com/

But I've been out of the mining game for a while. Do a little research, wouldn't hurt :)

i will! thanks!

Heard of CUDAMiner? Mining software designed exclusively for NVidia cards.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Heard of CUDAMiner? Mining software designed exclusively for NVidia cards.

yeah ive heard of it 

fywIQMP.gif

I don't know anything about mining. I just wanted to post this. Because Doge.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Your 780 Will be good mining, more hashrate than a 7870 as a 780 gets around 400KH/s

1. how do i start Litecoin mining? - You go to a pool, sinup, make a worker, downlad cudaminer, make config file, tool with config file, profit

2. whats the best wallet service? - The from litecoin themselves

3. is it worth it for me? - Yes

4. what is the best config for my GPU (OC'ing wise) - https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison/raw_data (Info here)

(I would personally use a pool like chunkpools or http://www.clevermining.com/users if you want to profit but if you REALLY want litecoin, You will not profit)

Thanks guys!!

Read the sticky thread

Spoiler

Your 780 Will be good mining, more hashrate than a 7870 as a 780 gets around 400KH/s

1. how do i start Litecoin mining? - You go to a pool, sinup, make a worker, downlad cudaminer, make config file, tool with config file, profit

2. whats the best wallet service? - The from litecoin themselves

3. is it worth it for me? - Yes

4. what is the best config for my GPU (OC'ing wise) - https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison/raw_data (Info here)

(I would personally use a pool like chunkpools or http://www.clevermining.com/users if you want to profit but if you REALLY want litecoin, You will not profit)

Uh... what? I get like 540KH/s at stock speeds lol 

83NkM.png

Mine Vert or X11. Lite won't be profitable at all.

Hey.

Uh... what? I get like 540KH/s at stock speeds lol 

I just looked at the first ting there :P I just wanted to show people a 780 isn't THAT bad for mining

Mine Vert or X11. Lite won't be profitable at all.

never heard of either. Are there any other profitable coins out thee? DOGE? Lol

never heard of either. Are there any other profitable coins out thee? DOGE? Lol

No.

Vert is scrypt-n and x11 Is an algorithm. They are both resistant to asics.

Hey.