Logitech G602 Review

ManOfDisguise

I dont think this mouse is that big. Its grip is smaller than the G700s. I really like this mouse and have been using it daily since launch until I recwntlu got the G502 and am running it now to get a proper feel for the mouse.

its bigger than the g700s i tried both

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

it's a good bit longer, and probably just as wide, but it isn't, or doesn't seem to be, as thick (mousepad to your hand). 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

The grip is smaller but it wider. The G602 is wider in the front but significantly thinner in the back than a G700s. It is also ever so slightly taller and is a good bit shorter than the the G700s grip wise. This makes the angles on the mouse more acute and fills up you palm far less but not in a bad way. This makes sense since the G600 has this same general grip style. Though its a palm feels a bit fingertip grip-esk since it actually not resting in your palm all that much compared to the G700s which goes deep into your palm with barely any of the mouse extending past your fingers.

I can do these sort of comparisons as I have at least tried all of those mice but at the moment do have the G700, G600, G700s x2, G602, and more.

do any of you fail to see the need for automatic game detection mode?

specifically how you can bind your buttons in software as opposed to in-game?

i find that i have to bind my buttons in both LSG and in-game. whats the point?

do any of you fail to see the need for automatic game detection mode?

specifically how you can bind your buttons in software as opposed to in-game?

i find that i have to bind my buttons in both LSG and in-game. whats the point?

Why are you changing it in game just set the button on the mouse to what the default is in game. That way you dont have to change anything in game and itll auto switch for you.

great review i like this mouse very much

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Only con I have about this mouse is that it's a bit heavy although taking a battery out seem to helped alot

Only con I have about this mouse is that it's a bit heavy although taking a battery out seem to helped alot

i swapped in Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries since they are significantly lighter and are still 1.5v unlike NiMH batteries which are 1.3. They also have a significantly longer battery life compared to normal alkaline batteries.

My problem is I have big hands and would prefer mine to site wholly on the mouse haven't found one yet

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

My problem is I have big hands and would prefer mine to site wholly on the mouse haven't found one yet

have you tried the func ms3-2 or the steelseries rival? Also this mouse is somewhat of a fingertip grip even though its a palm grip.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review. Keep up the good work ManOfDisguise I would love to read more of these.

Thx! Once i get more stuff to review(games,peropherals i def will)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

This could be the mouse for you. I had the same problem this mouse solved it for me

Specs of my PC:

Yea I may trade my mom she has one I have the G700s

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Yea I may trade my mom she has one I have the G700s

nice :). do it. after all you can always give the mouse back to her if you dont like it.

Specs of my PC:

I just like the G700s being able to jump between computers easy. However it bat try life is nothing hut garbage

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

I just like the G700s being able to jump between computers easy. However it bat try life is nothing hut garbage

u will love the g602's battery life! i got my on april 3rd. still going strong w the batteries tht were ini t when i got it. still didnt charge it once and i use it daily for at least 5 hours.

Specs of my PC:

My mom's still on the same batteries it came with. 3 months

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

If your interested there are many optimization tips that I can give you to greatly extend the battery life of a G700 or G700s.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this mouse and it's really good. The only thing that feels more ergonomic (subjective) is the logitech performance mouse mx.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I have this mouse and it's really good. The only thing that feels more ergonomic (subjective) is the logitech performance mouse mx.

the rubber grips on my m950 is awesome.

10/10 would buy G602 again. Love it.

• 2 years later...
On 4/6/2014 at 2:36 PM, ManOfDisguise said:

So I have had the Logitech G602 for  3 days now and here is my first impressions/review.

Build quality

Awesome build quality as to be expected from Logitech. Between this mouse and my deathadder 2013 there is no comparison. It is made out of 3 different materials.  The back of the mouse has a sandpaper- ish material, the middle of the mouse has this rubbery material with these lines in it  which provides a really nice grip and the front has  a rubbery material. The whole mouse is very sweat resistant and compared to my da which was always attracted sweat like no other mosue this mouse stays nice and dry.

Shape

As a guy who has a 19cm long hand from bottom of palm to top of my middle finger I could never find a mouse that I could filly palm. Im glad to say this is the first mouse that lets me do that. At first when I saw it the shape came very weird to me but soon I found out that everything actually makes sense. It even made me question why mice are not made similarly to this mouse. There is a thumb rest which....lets your thumb rest there..nothing much to say there but what I really like about this mouse is how they solved the LMB and RMB. The right mouse button is longer than the left one which at first seemed weird to me but since the middle finger is a bit longer than the index finger this makes for a very natural grip. Suddenly the traditional mouse design where the LMB and RMB are equally long feels very weird to me. Good job Logitech! ;)

Performance

My biggest concern before getting this mouse was if it had interference and latency. When I first plugged this mouse in and I moved it on my mousepad I was very surprised by the instant response of the cursor. No interference, no latency, no nothing. There was literally no noticeable difference between this and my Deathadder. The mouse has an optical sensor which of course means that there is no acceleration and prediction/angle snapping - which is nice. However I have one, which is probably my only con with this mouse. The lift off distance. Its too high which got pretty annoying at times when gaming. The can be fixed with tape but I dont like to do that to my mice but just saying there is a fix to it

Who is this mouse NOT for? People who have small hands. They wont find the shape comfortable as this is one helluva big mouse.

Is this mouse worth your money? If you dont mind the high LOD then I absolutely reccomend it!

Only thing I dislike about the mouse is its battery life (came from a marathon mouse prior to getting a 602). Otherwise love the mouse.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

4 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

Only thing I dislike about the mouse is its battery life (came from a marathon mouse prior to getting a 602). Otherwise love the mouse.

battery life is amazing for a gaming mouse! also use lithium batteries its lighter and lasts longer