Logitech G602 Review

ManOfDisguise

So I have had the Logitech G602 for  3 days now and here is my first impressions/review.

Build quality

Awesome build quality as to be expected from Logitech. Between this mouse and my deathadder 2013 there is no comparison. It is made out of 3 different materials.  The back of the mouse has a sandpaper- ish material, the middle of the mouse has this rubbery material with these lines in it  which provides a really nice grip and the front has  a rubbery material. The whole mouse is very sweat resistant and compared to my da which was always attracted sweat like no other mosue this mouse stays nice and dry.

Shape

As a guy who has a 19cm long hand from bottom of palm to top of my middle finger I could never find a mouse that I could filly palm. Im glad to say this is the first mouse that lets me do that. At first when I saw it the shape came very weird to me but soon I found out that everything actually makes sense. It even made me question why mice are not made similarly to this mouse. There is a thumb rest which....lets your thumb rest there..nothing much to say there but what I really like about this mouse is how they solved the LMB and RMB. The right mouse button is longer than the left one which at first seemed weird to me but since the middle finger is a bit longer than the index finger this makes for a very natural grip. Suddenly the traditional mouse design where the LMB and RMB are equally long feels very weird to me. Good job Logitech! ;)

Performance

My biggest concern before getting this mouse was if it had interference and latency. When I first plugged this mouse in and I moved it on my mousepad I was very surprised by the instant response of the cursor. No interference, no latency, no nothing. There was literally no noticeable difference between this and my Deathadder. The mouse has an optical sensor which of course means that there is no acceleration and prediction/angle snapping - which is nice. However I have one, which is probably my only con with this mouse. The lift off distance. Its too high which got pretty annoying at times when gaming. The can be fixed with tape but I dont like to do that to my mice but just saying there is a fix to it

Who is this mouse NOT for? People who have small hands. They wont find the shape comfortable as this is one helluva big mouse.

Is this mouse worth your money? If you dont mind the high LOD then I absolutely reccomend it!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Great review, i have the mouse and agree with everthing you say!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Great review, i have the mouse and agree with everthing you say!

thanks! i really appreciate it! 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm considering this mouse, but I'm waiting for the "G702" that I made a thread about.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I also have a g602 and it has been great.  I've had it on endurance mode and the battery life has been fantastic; my batteries started out at 3 of 5 bars and have just reached 1 bar something like 2 months later.  I do turn it off at night out of habit so that contributes some to the longevity.  A criticism I have for the battery indicator is that you do have to go into the Logitech Gaming Software to see how many bars remain, and instead of each bar representing 20% of the total they are broken down strangely (2 bars was 20% and 1 bar was 5%).  The battery indicator on the mouse itself is either green or flashes blue when less than 5% remains.  

Well done review; simple and straight to the point. Glad to see that others are enjoying this mouse, I own it as well. I was on a hunt for a new mouse since my Mionix Naos 3200 ill-fatedly met with the double left click issue a few months back and my friend recommended me this mouse.

At first I was turned off by the fact that it was wireless so I didn't give it much more thought after looking at it. But in continuing my search for another mouse I found myself unpleased with the current selection of mice on the market I gave this a second look. I'm a big fan of optical sensors, I believe them to be superior (completely opinionated). I rarely use the performance mode on this mouse, I really do enjoy how long this lasts on endurance mode and how well it actually functions even while gaming. I bought some eneloop rechargeable batteries to go along with this and I've only had to recharge them once this year.

Outside of this being a wireless this mouse, I genuinely believe the Logitech G602 to be one of the best mice currently out on the market. It's an 11 button mouse and every single button on it can be reprogrammed. You can easily either make any macro you need or if you prefer actual extra buttons like I do you can assign F13-F24 keys in Windows to the side buttons. I do have medium to large sized hands, but I have no problem switching from palm to claw grip on this mouse. And again, the biggest plus for me is the optical sensor, no artificial acceleration.

I am absolutely happy with this mouse.

I'm considering this mouse, but I'm waiting for the "G702" that I made a thread about.

U mean G502

Specs of my PC:

U mean G502

Yeah, I thought it would be called G702, and I'm definitely getting it now.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

This is the best mouse that I've ever used, and the battery? Well I can say that I got the mouse for Christmas 2013 and it is only on 20% now.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Well done review; simple and straight to the point. Glad to see that others are enjoying this mouse, I own it as well. I was on a hunt for a new mouse since my Mionix Naos 3200 ill-fatedly met with the double left click issue a few months back and my friend recommended me this mouse.

At first I was turned off by the fact that it was wireless so I didn't give it much more thought after looking at it. But in continuing my search for another mouse I found myself unpleased with the current selection of mice on the market I gave this a second look. I'm a big fan of optical sensors, I believe them to be superior (completely opinionated). I rarely use the performance mode on this mouse, I really do enjoy how long this lasts on endurance mode and how well it actually functions even while gaming. I bought some eneloop rechargeable batteries to go along with this and I've only had to recharge them once this year.

Outside of this being a wireless this mouse, I genuinely believe the Logitech G602 to be one of the best mice currently out on the market. It's an 11 button mouse and every single button on it can be reprogrammed. You can easily either make any macro you need or if you prefer actual extra buttons like I do you can assign F13-F24 keys in Windows to the side buttons. I do have medium to large sized hands, but I have no problem switching from palm to claw grip on this mouse. And again, the biggest plus for me is the optical sensor, no artificial acceleration.

I am absolutely happy with this mouse.

Thanks! I always wana be quick and to the point heck i think even this review was too long but had it been shorter i would have missed important points. Also thx for continuing the review w the buttons haha i didnt want to put that in as everyone can just count em up and its a given that they are programmable.

Specs of my PC:

G502 is wired. That is going to be what I am waiting for!

Nice review man!

The lift off distance and the materials it is made out of is not widely publicised information.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Nice review man!

The lift off distance and the materials it is made out of is not widely publicised information.

I know, I have already looked into the G502 and have made the decision to purchase it when I am in the US next week :P

Nice review man!

thanks man! the mouse feels really good in the hand i can say that much more better and much higher quality than a DA.

Specs of my PC:

May i ask,

do the thumb buttons activate when twitching your thumb upwards (towards the ceiling)?

May i ask,

do the thumb buttons activate when twitching your thumb upwards (towards the ceiling)?

No you really have to press them down. They are difinitely harder to press than on my da

Specs of my PC:

Do you think the mouse is usable for both claw and palm grippers?

i bought the G700s because the 602 wasnt in stock

quick question,

in the setpoint software, is there an Acceleration Slider? or simply and ON OFF checkbox?

my g700s only has the checkbox.. i find it too quick.

the Setpoint for my MX950 was much better. it had Off, Low, Mid, High Acceleration

i bought the G700s because the 602 wasnt in stock

quick question,

in the setpoint software, is there an Acceleration Slider? or simply and ON OFF checkbox?

my g700s only has the checkbox.. i find it too quick.

the Setpoint for my MX950 was much better. it had Off, Low, Mid, High Acceleration

i dont know i use the logitech g software not setpoint and in g software there is no accel option at all.

Specs of my PC:

i dont know i use the logitech g software not setpoint and in g software there is no accel option at all.

try with the Logitech gaming software set to Game AutoDetect Mode.

you should be able to see the acceleration options

for the G700s, acceleration settings are not available when using an onboard profile

try with the Logitech gaming software set to Game AutoDetect Mode.

you should be able to see the acceleration options

for the G700s, acceleration settings are not available when using an onboard profile

yo sorry for not responding for such a long time i just looked it up in the software and there is only a check box for accel that u can either leave checked or unchecked but you can also set different X and Y dpi

Specs of my PC:

I dont think this mouse is that big. Its grip is smaller than the G700s. I really like this mouse and have been using it daily since launch until I recwntlu got the G502 and am running it now to get a proper feel for the mouse.

i havent handled the G602 yet but it does look substantial in size - which is good!

logitech_g602_vs_g602.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_

I bought this, and wound up exchanging it for the G700s. I had the G700 before (I lost the dongle, and the right click was starting to go out), and it served me well for 3-4 years. I really liked the fit of the G602 in my hand, and from that aspect of it, I liked it probably more than the G700(s). However, I really enjoy the hyper scroll wheel and tilt on the scroll wheel, and the grip on the sides of the G602 was a little too narrow for my large meathooks to get enough of a hold on for me to be able to lift it up when I needed to move it on the mousepad. 

That being said, if I were to buy a secondary mouse purely for a laptop. this would almost certainly be it. My G700s often pulls double duty as my desktop and laptop mousse, and the wired/wireless modes make that really convenient. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

i havent handled the G602 yet but it does look substantial in size - which is good!

logitech_g602_vs_g602.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_

its comfortably wider than the G700s but because its taller it has a shorter grip edging in on a fingertip grip. the shape is definitely based on the G600. I mentioned it in comparison to the G502 here http://goo.gl/aULP2e .

I bought this, and wound up exchanging it for the G700s. I had the G700 before (I lost the dongle, and the right click was starting to go out), and it served me well for 3-4 years. I really liked the fit of the G602 in my hand, and from that aspect of it, I liked it probably more than the G700(s). However, I really enjoy the hyper scroll wheel and tilt on the scroll wheel, and the grip on the sides of the G602 was a little too narrow for my large meathooks to get enough of a hold on for me to be able to lift it up when I needed to move it on the mousepad. 

That being said, if I were to buy a secondary mouse purely for a laptop. this would almost certainly be it. My G700s often pulls double duty as my desktop and laptop mousse, and the wired/wireless modes make that really convenient.

switching between computers with the G700/G700s is really nice because they can have up to 5 driverless hardware profiles.