Spotted an OLED TV out in the wild...

Exotath

dude i only dream of watching a movie on an oled tv,i mean them black levels ! ips sucks for tvs

Yeah, I would love that also. Those black levels would be awesome. No more greyish black (IPS) or blueish black (TN). I have not experienced an IPS TV so I can't really say whether or not IPS displays are bad on TV sets. I guess you're just referring to the black levels. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yeah, I would love that also. Those black levels would be awesome. No more greyish black (IPS) or blueish black (TN). I have not experienced an IPS TV so I can't really say whether or not IPS displays are bad on TV sets. I guess you're just referring to the black levels. :P

yeah,black levels sucks on ips tvs.very low contrast. panasonic plasma or sony/samsung with VA panels for now 

Is OLED similar to an IPS monitor? ( Sorry, I have no knowledge about TVs and such displays ).

Is OLED similar to an IPS monitor? ( Sorry, I have no knowledge about TVs and such displays ).

Think of OLED like Plasma display technology. They emit their own light and so they don't need a backlight like display technologies IPS, VA and TN do. They're also much more energy efficient then Plasma panels. I hope that helps. :D

The short answer is simply.....no. :D

I can expand on that if you need me to. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

no