Spotted an OLED TV out in the wild...

Exotath

....and it was glorious! The picture was so crisp and clean that I thought it was 4k. But it was 1080P. The panel is so insanely thin! Like 1/4" maybe slightly more.

Truly an amazing display.   ...I ended up leaving with a 60" Sharp Aquos Quattron as it was more in my budget. :lol:  This was at a Fry's in Georgia, USA.

Pics of the LG: (Sorry they are from an iPhone 5s)

OLED1_zpsef681b2b.jpg

OLED3_zps85698425.jpg

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Neat.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

They are quite nice, it is pretty amazing how far tv's have come in such little time. BTW Sharp tv's are great and they last forever! We still have one from late 90's/early 00'.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

How much was this TV

lol $4,497.99  a real bargain!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

They are quite nice, it is pretty amazing how far th's have come in such little time. BTW Sharp tv's are great and they last forever! We still have one from late 90's early 00'.

Yea I got a great deal. $987! It looks fantastic and has tons of good features. Sound is meh but home system fixes that.

finally lg can say that they have a tv with good PQ

Not bad, my friend paid a fair bit more for his plasma tv a few years ago.

I don't understand the point of making it thin, as well as curved. It looks like it lacks a VESA mount.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

My problem with it is that you have to maintain a certain distance from it for each portion of the screen to be equidistant from your eyes. If it isn't then it looks distorted. It is essentially impossible for 2 people to watch it together. Well not impossible, but it does look worse.

I don't quite get what they are going for with the curve either but the picture quality was amazing.

They probably could shave some $$$$$$$$$ by not making the body out of carbon fiber too....

How much was this TV

are you blind?

the price tag is in the picture

>.<

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Saw a 4k tv today for $8000 now that is a steal  :lol:

We paid 6 grand on our Kuro so...

Yes, this is something I'd do again. 

But, the Kuro is the TV that won't go anywhere till it genuinely dies. Just one of those pieces of tech that is too good to replace for any other reason. 

Wow all the. FRYS look the same

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Wow all the. FRYS look the same

No, the ones I've been in look more like a warehouse with trash all over the place, open boxes and merchandise tossed around and in an isle they don't be long in,  that one looks like a well maintained dept. store.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

No, the ones I've been in look more like a warehouse with trash all over the place, open boxes and merchandise tossed around and in an isle they don't be long in,  that one looks like a well maintained dept. store.

No wonder people normally hate frys....

I like my Frys ;)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I can't wait until OLED monitors come available and at a reasonable price ($300 - $500). But I expect this not to happen for quite some time. :(

Back on topic: I would love an OLED TV, perfect for ya movie watching. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Frozen would look amazing on this... Just sayin :P  :D  :P

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

I do :wub: OLED. I did saw a 4k+OLED!!!! from panasonic/sony that thing was BEAST hands down best screen i ever saw. 

It was a prototype.

But allas they ended there partnership.

I have only seen some of the first ones by Sony, back when they did that sort of thing. It was impressive for the time.

The only OLED TV I've seen in person was an 11" Sony model that was more or less a prototype... and it was $11,000 xD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

At the store where I work, we have a 1080p LG OLED television next to a 4K LG television and the OLED looks way better than the 4K. The black levels are unbelievable. I just wish they'd stop this curved screen nonsense.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

At the store where I work, we have a 1080p LG OLED television next to a 4K LG television and the OLED looks way better than the 4K. The black levels are unbelievable. I just wish they'd stop this curved screen nonsense.

Yeah, OLED display technology seems to take the strengths of Plasma display technology + the strengths of IPS technology and so you get quite an amazing display. The only reason that we're seeing curved OLED TVs is because manufacturers like LG think that it creates an immersive viewing experience but hopefully when OLED TVs drop significantly in price they'll have non-curved/flat OLED TVs as well.

If OLED display technology is incorporated into consumer computer monitors it would pretty much make IPS, PLS and VA display technologies obsolete because it's so much better than all three of them combined. It'd be awesome to own a OLED monitor. It would certainly completely eradicate backlight bleed altogether because of no backlight to worry about.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yeah, OLED display technology seems to take the strengths of Plasma display technology + the strengths of IPS technology and so you get quite an amazing display. 

dude i only dream of watching a movie on an oled tv,i mean them black levels ! ips sucks for tvs

I'm actually about to pick on of the LG OLED televisions up in another day or two. Industry insider discounts make the 55EA9800 a $1,699.99 television set. LG's profit margins on these things are insane.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn