Galaxy XCover 2 not recognized by PCs

Yet another problem I've been trying to find a fix for a week or so...

So my Samsung Galaxy XCover 2 isn't recognized by Samsung kies on any PCs I've tried. I have installed latest Samsung USB drivers multiple times, Samsung kies recognizes my older phone via USB (Samsung GT-I5510), but Galaxy XCover 2 is only recognized via WiFi connection (which sucks as rooting requires USB connection).

So does anyone know why this happens? And how to fix it?

If it can't be fixed, then can anyone suggest a free rooting program that doesn't require USB connection and works on Android 4.1.2?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone? Or is this impossible to fix?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Somebody? Anybody?

Remove all samsung crap including Kies and drivers and get the latest Kies and download the drivers seperate from google.

Remove all samsung crap including Kies and drivers and get the latest Kies and download the drivers seperate from google.

Did that, still only accepts WiFi connection instead of USB.

Did that, still only accepts WiFi connection instead of USB.

Then the only option is to do a factory reset on your phone.

This worked for me.

But did you try multiple computers? cables and ports?

Then the only option is to do a factory reset on your phone.

This worked for me.

But did you try multiple computers? cables and ports?

I've tried this on 2 of my computers (not 3rd one because Kies is not supported by Linux), both only can connect to XCover 2 via WiFi, but my older Samsung phone shows no problems with USB. On my desktop I've only used the front USB port and on the convertible the only full-sized USB. And I've only used one perfectly functioning USB to micro-USB -cable.

Maybe I'll try factory reset after I back up all the important stuff at home, and right now for the following 6 ½ hours I will be stuck in the high school, so it'll take some time.

I've tried this on 2 of my computers (not 3rd one because Kies is not supported by Linux), both only can connect to XCover 2 via WiFi, but my older Samsung phone shows no problems with USB. On my desktop I've only used the front USB port and on the convertible the only full-sized USB. And I've only used one perfectly functioning USB to micro-USB -cable.

Maybe I'll try factory reset after I back up all the important stuff at home, and right now for the following 6 ½ hours I will be stuck in the high school, so it'll take some time.

Good luck mate, I had to do a factory reset 2 times because I wanted to do a firmware updated got tired of this shit and flashed a  custom rom.

Maybe because Kies is shit ?

Maybe because Kies is shit ?

It is shit, but not the reason why nothing can be done to XCover 2 via USB (say for example rooting)

Good luck mate, I had to do a factory reset 2 times because I wanted to do a firmware updated got tired of this shit and flashed a  custom rom.

Tried to factory reset, twice. No luck there, and the only thing that changed was that all the data (phone contracts, apps etc.) were whipped, as backing up requires USB connection and it won't work on this phone (I was aware of this)...

Tried to factory reset, twice. No luck there, and the only thing that changed was that all the data (phone contracts, apps etc.) were whipped, as backing up requires USB connection and it won't work on this phone (I was aware of this)...

Then you are out of luck mate sorry can't help you any further if a resent doesn't work .

Then you are out of luck mate sorry can't help you any further if a resent doesn't work .

Well... F***...

Thanks for the help anyway.