Post your shutter count!+how long you've had your dslr

aka the photographers equivalent to taking a std test. 

I've had my camera 218 days today, and have only 9 thousand shutter actuations

post-20595-0-32352700-1396655966.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

What software is that? I have a t3i since Jan 20 and have about 5k shutters.

http://magic.shabgard.org/

I took my first 5 thousand within like 4 months, I average 60 actuations per month now 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I am thinking about getting a DSLR soon. What's a bad number for actuation count if I decide to buy used?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

4281 on a 60D, I've had it for about 7 months now.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

I am thinking about getting a DSLR soon. What's a bad number for actuation count if I decide to buy used?

People say you should find DSLRs with shutter count less than 5000 (or was it 500?), even though most consumer DSLRs are rated for 100 000, as sh*t can happen at any time.

I've been also looking for used DSLRs. Would've bought a used 600D earlier, but did a really bad mistake at spending 205€ on a Sony HDR260VE camcorder instead (yeah, bought a camcorder for photography, very rarely shoot any videos on it...)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

i've had my Canon T3i for 1.1 years and it's shutter count is 1639.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I think I'm somewhere around 100k on mine and I've had it since January. 

I'll nail down specifics once I'm home, but yea; I use this sucker a lot. 

2862 on my Sony A64 had it about 4 months. 

I do a lot of macro so most of the time im trying to get the subject im shooting in focus how i want it ect.

Great camera love the sony line as i love the EVF over the optical view finder. 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Got mine for 2 years now and it has 39159 actuations

shuttercount.tiff

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

Shutter Count : 5104

And we've had it for like three years now?

Somewhere around 1900, just going off the file name. I've had this camera since October-November (been too busy :()

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I think I'm somewhere around 100k on mine and I've had it since January. 

I'll nail down specifics once I'm home, but yea; I use this sucker a lot. 

That's more than 800 pictures a day? How are you doing this?  :P

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

Mine is so old, it doesn't keep track of it. It's the original EOS 5D, bought used and then used by my dad professionally for a while. I think it's about to break.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

I have a 20D I received from a teacher in high school. Shutter count is at 43k

I have a 20D I received from a teacher in high school. Shutter count is at 43k

O_o. You received it from one of your high school teachers? Mind telling us the whole story?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

O_o. You received it from your high school teacher? Mind telling us the whole story?

He was a good teacher, but not in the subject he taught (Advanced Placement Macroeconomics). He was also the coach for the basketball team and needed a volunteer to record and take pictures of the games. I volunteered because I needed community hours. Eventually at the end of the semester I was the only one in the school to pass the AP exam, so he congratulated me and thanked me for all the volunteering I had done (over 14 games including aways, and I even edited some of the pictures), so he gave me his spare old camera the 20D. Recently the lens started giving me some trouble so I switched the original lens to a 50mm f/1.8.

He was a good teacher, but not in the subject he taught (Advanced Placement Macroeconomics). He was also the coach for the basketball team and needed a volunteer to record and take pictures of the games. I volunteered because I needed community hours. Eventually at the end of the semester I was the only one in the school to pass the AP exam, so he congratulated me and thanked me for all the volunteering I had done (over 14 games including aways, and I even edited some of the pictures), so he gave me his spare old camera the 20D. Recently the lens started giving me some trouble so I switched the original lens to a 50mm f/1.8.

Did you take the pictures back then with that said 20D or with something else? For recording I assume you used something else, though (there was no video mode until 50D/500D)

And sorry OP for derailing the thread. I was just curious.

Did you take the pictures back then with that said 20D or with something else? For recording I assume you used something else, though (there was no video mode until 50D/500D)

And sorry OP for derailing the thread. I was just curious.

He had a lot of cameras, I would say he had at least 3 Canons and two Nikons. He also had a video camera that i do not remember the model. I always used the 20D, that is why he gave it to me. I do have two pictures from back then that I uploaded online.

I've had this since 2008.

9L06hRj.png

But 21,000 is pretty low, rite guise?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"