ADATA SP920 SSD

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1ovLo8y

Amazon: http://georiot.co/3R1W

Newegg: http://bit.ly/1jCn4ke

So easy a zombie can upgrade to this SSD, lol!

productImage3413.jpg

line_product_bottom.jpg

The Premier Pro SP920 series SSD is designed to meet the high-performance requirements of multimedia file transfers It is equipped with the latest generation Marvell controller, implementing the SATA III 6Gb/sec specification. Strict selection of flash memory chips allows for the enhancement of overall system efficiency and speed, especially for the transmission of multimedia files (uncompressed data). 4KB random read / write speeds of up to 98,000/88,000 IOPS provide rapid loading and multimedia playback, making this SSD an ideal option in terms of performance, data security, and stability. 

productImage4980.jpg
Evolution of Speed and Performance The Premier Pro SP920 solid state drive has sequential read and write speeds of up to 560/500 MB/sec, great for video editing and fast data backups. 4KB random read/write speeds of up to 98,000/88,000 IOPS mean faster system starts, program loads, and great action in the most demanding next-generation games.    product_line.jpg Consistent Transfer Performance

Some SSDs suffer a performance drop as drive usage nears its capacity in terms of data stored. The SP920 maintains consistently high read and write speeds even when the disk is 90% full. 

product_line.jpg
productImage4982.jpg
Full Capacity up to 1 Terabyte The Premier Pro SP920 comes in a wide range of capacities: 128, 256, & 512GB, and a massive 1TB. The optimized firmware allows for full utilization of the NAND flash chips, resulting in a 7% increase in the usable space of the drive over many other models.    product_line.jpg Fits 7mm & 9.5mm Bays

The SP920 has a thickness of 7mm, to fit 7mm SATA bays. It also comes with a 2.5mm holder, for use with 9.5mm bays. 

product_line.jpg
productImage4985.jpg

product_line.jpg

Desktop Pack Comes with a 3.5-inch conversion bracket to help you mount the SP920 when you are upgrading a desktop computer, allowing you to immediately enhance the performance and transmission speed of your operating system.productImage4984.jpgbanner-for-SSD_01.png

Quick transfer of all files

Acronis True Image HD software facilitates the quick transfer of all files and programs to the new solid state drive.

Free Download sp.giffreesoftware_A_07.jpg

My Overview of the SP920 from a while ago:

Okay so I like it, but I have no clue how good the Marvell controller really is or what the marvell controller offers. Would really liked to have seen more talk about that in the video. I just want to know why the M550 are like $50 more where does that difference come from? I value the opinion you give in your videos but sometimes, like this video you don't really make that opinion clear. You never said that you would buy one or whether it was actually better than the m550 (write/read speeds aside) or even ADATA's 900s ssds. 

This might just end up in my rig. that price $150 for 256GB in CANADA. Not even on sale yet. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

ohh cool new video 

will comment after wacthing

then whats the point of this comment? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

#FIRST

this is a tech forum not youtube...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I really liked this video. People might disagree, but I felt it was one of the more informative of any of the videos, like Linus' take on Anandtech. I enjoy seeing reviews that can also turn into a discussion, because it prevents a boring, exhaustive review that would just wind up being a copy-paste of something similar. Reviews should exist for each product to provide information, but they also have to teach you how to learn for yourself.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

this is a tech forum not youtube...

Well, you asked why he posted first and commented later.

Back on topic. I don't mind rebrands because most of the time they offer more value, but it would be nice to know which products are the rebrands. Not an easy thing to know if you're out of the loop

Its basically a slightly worse Crucial M550. @Imabigmac the M550 will be faster at 256GB and below but at 512GB and up they should be the exact same performance wise. This is due to the ADATA using 128Gb NAND verses the M550 using 64Gb NAND. You do loose a few features with the ADATA as well but the price should be cheaper to account for those things. Check out tom's hardware's review its quite good as ive come to expect from them, especially for SSD's.

So if this is Marvel controller, then I am guessing the 2TB Adata SSD Linus talked a while ago will hopefully be 3rd gen Sandforce.
Should be interesting to see how it compares later on this year.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

seems like a solid choice, might get the 128gb one for my OS and programs.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

So if this is Marvel controller, then I am guessing the 2TB Adata SSD Linus talked a while ago will hopefully be 3rd gen Sandforce.

Should be interesting to see how it compares later on this year.

yep

Not trying to nitpick but has anyone noticed the read/write speed in the NCIX link posted, after watching the video.

Guessing the 512gb and 1Tb variants will be released later since they're not showing up on search links. Can anyone confirm, or unknown at this point?

Over here, the Adata 128GB one is 15€ cheaper than the M550.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Guessing the 512gb and 1Tb variants will be released later since they're not showing up on search links. Can anyone confirm, or unknown at this point?

no clue man

Over here, the Adata 128GB one is 15€ cheaper than the M550.

It should be a bit cheaper since it uses the higher density nand and lacks some features.

I know it has nothing to do with the product but, the video quality/production looks better everyday!

Another benefit to rebranding products is that the product, in this case the Crucial drive and associates it with the reputation of the new brand, Adata in this case. Allowing a product that is having issues selling due to reputation, a chance to associate themselves with a brand with good reputation and hence improve their reputation. Just my thoughts.

Another benefit to rebranding products is that the product, in this case the Crucial drive and associates it with the reputation of the new brand, Adata in this case. Allowing a product that is having issues selling due to reputation, a chance to associate themselves with a brand with good reputation and hence improve their reputation. Just my thoughts.

I dont think that crucial was having any problems with " Allowing a product that is having issues selling due to reputation".

• 2 months later...

So how do I transfer my os from hdd to ssd if the ssd is not ADATA?

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

why does the video  look grey and dull

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So how do I transfer my os from hdd to ssd if the ssd is not ADATA?

Many other SSD manufacturer add data migration software (for example: Samsung's cleverly named "Data Migration").

nice video altough the monitor wasn't plugged in and neither was there any cable coming out of the pc, linus failed me on this one.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

i really wonder what would linus' child think watching this after 10 years....

*facepalm

seem that upgrading to an Adata is a no brainer xD