Cooler Master JAS Mini Sponsored Post

We've never actually done a review of the JAS Mini because it's hard to do a full review of a little metal stand, but Cooler Master provided us with a few of both the Mini and the Pro models to use for B-roll for phones, tablets, or any other device that lies flat and we absolutely love them.

I don't normally write in these sponsored posts about how awesome the thing is beyond the specs and whatnot, but JAS stands (sounds kinda like jazz hands) make whatever's sitting on them look better, and the construction is really solid. 

Here are a couple places you can pick one up:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HD499ZM/A/cooler-master-jas-mini-aluminum-stand-for-ipad-mini-and-iphone?fnode=40

Okay, well there's only once place....

Z5BrtVu.png

Do people actually use devices like these often enough? (to anyone that might use a stand)

The way I see it, hands usually do a better job unless you're trying to watch a movie or something, but even then why on an iPad or smartphone 

zz

Error: 410

Do people actually use devices like these often enough? (to anyone that might use a stand)

The way I see it, hands usually do a better job unless you're trying to watch a movie or something, but even then why on an iPad or smartphone 

zz

I see lots of people put their phones on their desks at work (for example)

This will allow you to more easily see incoming messages (just an example) and keep the back of the phone protected with the rubberized coating on the stand (versus laying it down flat on a table)

It's not for everyone, but we find the super handy.

Forget the fact that Cooler Master is selling a product in an Apple store. They're selling it only in an Apple store, right now?

It looks useful, but not to my phone.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Love this!!!! but why is this in apple store only????

Thanks Linus! I was looking to pick one up. This is going to be perfect to place my nexus 5 side my desk

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I see lots of people put their phones on their desks at work (for example)

This will allow you to more easily see incoming messages (just an example) and keep the back of the phone protected with the rubberized coating on the stand (versus laying it down flat on a table)

It's not for everyone, but we find the super handy.

Yup. I do use a mobile stand for my Moto G so that it avoids collecting dust on the back panel.

Got this one online for $5.

post-69145-0-20600600-1396787465_thumb.jpost-69145-0-58159400-1396787505_thumb.j

no buying just because is on apple store.

I would get one if you could get from somewhere other than Apple.

Same here, would buy one but not from Apple

Why are people this autistic ? If you like it -  buy it. Just because you dont own apple products doesn't somehow make things sold in their store bad. Coolermaster obviously felt an exclusivity deal with apple would be more beneficial. They are grown-ups, they can make choices for themselves.

On the product - ive been interested in one of these for a while, however I do have to say I prefer Bluelounge's stand. However my phone and tablet charge from the bottom, so untill someone integrates a way of charging while resting (either with NFC or an access hole for a cable), my mouse mat will have to do.

i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz, MSI Z77 GD-65 , Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz, Kingston HyperX Predator  2400mhz, Crucial M4 512GB, Xonar Essence STX, Corsair AX750, Corsair 650D

You could say it really... Stands out!
Yeaaaah

:P

[CPU]i7-4770K OC 4.5GHz Corsair H80i[MOBO]ASUS Z87-Deluxe[RAM]Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB1600MHz

[GPU]Gigabyte AMDRadeon 7970GHz Edition OC 1200Mhz[HDD/SSD]1xWD 2TB HDD 1x 250GB SAMSUNG 840 Series SSD

[sOUND]Logitech Z5500 5.1[CASE]Silverstone Raven RV01[PSU]Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W[MONITOR]2x27"AOC LED Screens

[OTHER][Logitech]G19 Keyboard [Razer]Ouroboros, Orbweaver, Tiamat 7.1 Headset

Same here, would buy one but not from Apple

It's like Apple is a girl and you are afraid of getting cooties!

Apple is good and does it's job well.

[CPU]i7-4770K OC 4.5GHz Corsair H80i[MOBO]ASUS Z87-Deluxe[RAM]Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB1600MHz

[GPU]Gigabyte AMDRadeon 7970GHz Edition OC 1200Mhz[HDD/SSD]1xWD 2TB HDD 1x 250GB SAMSUNG 840 Series SSD

[sOUND]Logitech Z5500 5.1[CASE]Silverstone Raven RV01[PSU]Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W[MONITOR]2x27"AOC LED Screens

[OTHER][Logitech]G19 Keyboard [Razer]Ouroboros, Orbweaver, Tiamat 7.1 Headset

zz

yeah I do.

sorry can't buy it cough cough apple store

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Why are people this autistic ? If you like it -  buy it. Just because you dont own apple products doesn't somehow make things sold in their store bad. Coolermaster obviously felt an exclusivity deal with apple would be more beneficial. They are grown-ups, they can make choices for themselves.

On the product - ive been interested in one of these for a while, however I do have to say I prefer Bluelounge's stand. However my phone and tablet charge from the bottom, so untill someone integrates a way of charging while resting (either with NFC or an access hole for a cable), my mouse mat will have to do.

How does autism have anything to do with this? 

I can't believe people are so bigoted that they couldn't buy a none-apple product from the apple store

literally insanity if you ask me, sometimes I wonder why I even bother

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Any idea on how good this will hold tablets bigger than a ipad mini? Such as an iPad 2 or Galaxy Tab? Looks nice for sure. 

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

I need one that will support fitting in my wireless charger too! If only the foot on the JAS Mini was longer, then my Qi charger would fit in it too, then the phone ontop of the Qi charger :(

What do you mean by autistic; Why are you using it as a pejorative? 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018