MSI GS60 Ghost Gaming Notebook

How's the battery life for normal use??? web browsing and stuff?

Loved the video! I really appreciated seeing this as I have been looking for a new laptop for a while and the GS60 has been my main choice lately. You have just confirmed it and I think I may place an order soon! Thanks again

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

linus said there is a lithium-magnesium alloy on it, I don't want to ruin something, but isnt that "slightly" flamable? could be wrong, but so far i know these metals aint the best known for their flame proof ability.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

linus said there is a lithium-magnesium alloy on it, I don't want to ruin something, but isnt that "slightly" flamable? could be wrong, but so far i know these metals aint the best known for their flame proof ability.

Well I know that Mg is used a lot in modern laptops for weight saving, maybe he made a mistake saying Li and he meant something else.Mg is extremely heat resistant, it has a melting point of 650C and Li 180C. Lithium is most commonly used in batteries and is corrosive but both materials can be used as alloying agents so perhaps Linus is correct.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Somehow i just dont like the way it looks... The screen to me, looks to flimsy and small because the bottom part of the bezel is thick. Also I don't really like the keyboard layout... This is probably because it reminds me too much of my friend's Sony s15 (not bad, but i dont really like it...)

Otherwise it really is a great notebook!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Well I know that Mg is used a lot in modern laptops for weight saving, maybe he made a mistake saying Li and he meant something else.Mg is extremely heat resistant, it has a melting point of 650C and Li 180C. Lithium is most commonly used in batteries and is corrosive but both materials can be used as alloying agents so perhaps Linus is correct.

Yes, it kidna confused me, since Li is indeed used frequently in batteries(nearly all long lasting recharge battereies, like in phones) and Mg is used to quite alot these days, but since we got to burn a piece of Mg in chemistry class(high school) once and it burned like hell.

But thanks for removing the doubt, feels a bit safer now.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a unneeded question, but I couldn't find a MSI GS60 Ghost Pro that has 16GB RAM. All i found was 12GB, which is not what I would like. Was I just unlucky, or....blind(?) and I just didn't see the link or something? Could anyone redirect me to a GS60 Ghost Pro with 16GB RAM, GTX 870m etc. ?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I bit the bullet and bought a refurbished MSI GS60 Ghost. My question is: In the video linus showed that there were two 128 ssd's. Was that because it was a special one just for LMG or what could some tell me before i decide to open it void some type of warranty.

Please and thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

@Pyroclast

sorry for the delay but i have just join the group. You will have two position for m.2 ssd but most propably you have only one in it.

I would like to mention something about the MSI GS-Series in general because for me i found it a bit annoying. Over the firmware updates that i did for my GS60 Ghost the cpu fan noise was increased. I basically bought it (1.5 years ago), to be able to attend classes with my laptop so, i need light laptop BUT the fan noise sometime is getting really loud for some second and the it get low. I think that some more curved fan blades (not a blow style neither an airflow style, something in the middle) and a better temperature-fan speed curved would be a lot of improvement.