Asus R510D Gaming Notebook Review

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by JohnRifle321,

I bought this laptop last year for black friday with $500. It sucks. It was working very slow from the first use. You said Far Cry 3 has 60 FPS. On my laptop, Far Cry has about 20. 7 days to die too. They were working better on my older PC which is 8 years old (dual core 2.3, amd radeon 2600, 2gb of ram ddr2). Everything is freezing on this PC. It takes very long to open a file. I hate it!!! I tried a lot of programs like TuneUp utilities to work better, but it still sucks. The only OS which works on it is Windows 8 or 8.1. I tried both but it still works very slow. Not even Minecraft (my little sister plays this f**king game) is working above 50 FPS. I want my money back! This is worse than a $100 computer. If I let the display down, it's going to sleep, if I lift it, the laptop is waking but it gets stuck at a photo. I can move the cursor, but I can't do anything, I tried alt+ctrl+delete and a lot of things. Rating: 2/10 :angry: :angry: :angry:

This is my first review tell me what you think about it... Anything I can improve on?

Overview:

The Asus R510D is a inexpensive high quality laptop. Key features include 15 inch 1080p display, an AMD 10 5750M Processor(2.5 Ghz), 8GB 1866Mhz Memory, 2GB Dedicated Video Memory and Full 10 Key Keyboard. I have very few issues with this laptop the major ones for me are: The keyboard is not backlit, the 10-key section is very close to the backspace and I often hit num lock rather than backspace. 

Gaming: 
     For me gaming is a plus side of this laptop. I am not a huge gamer and the games I do play are almost always ports of console games. So far Battlefield 4, Just Cause 2, COD Ghosts and Far Cry 3 play perfect at 60FPS on 720p and around 25-30FPS on 1080p (settings on high). That is very solid performance (pure opinion). 

Everyday Use:
     It has good wireless performance, I live in a large house, so that can be a big deal. My previous laptop did not have the range the Asus R510D does (note my previous laptop was from '06). YouTube is great with the 1080p  15inch display. I would have like to seen it have a touchscreen but alas you can't have everything. I do school online which is also a plus of this very portable and thin notebook . The keyboard works perfectly until I press a wrong key due to the awkward positioning of some of the them. Though the keyboard itself seems to be high quality and feels nice to use. 

Physical: 
     It has a brushed plastic shell that is appealing with an Asus logo on it. As for the look everything is ok and there is not much to note, breaks no cardinal sins of laptop design but there is nothing extremely interesting about it either. 

Conclusion: 

The R510D gets a solid 8/10 it does what it is quoted to do and more. Being a everyday laptop not advertised for gaming and being able to get solid gaming performance is a huge plus. With 8GB of memory and dedicated V-RAM this will most likely last longer than most mainstream laptops.

No dedi GPU?

It has a Radeon 8760M which I though was provided by the A10... Correct me if I am wrong though. 

It has a Radeon 8770M which I though was provided by the A10... Correct me if I am wrong though. 

It's an 8670m

It's an 8670m

Total misstype, my bad, the keyboard is strange for me... xD let me edit the original...

Add pics to improve review.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought this laptop last year for black friday with $500. It sucks. It was working very slow from the first use. You said Far Cry 3 has 60 FPS. On my laptop, Far Cry has about 20. 7 days to die too. They were working better on my older PC which is 8 years old (dual core 2.3, amd radeon 2600, 2gb of ram ddr2). Everything is freezing on this PC. It takes very long to open a file. I hate it!!! I tried a lot of programs like TuneUp utilities to work better, but it still sucks. The only OS which works on it is Windows 8 or 8.1. I tried both but it still works very slow. Not even Minecraft (my little sister plays this f**king game) is working above 50 FPS. I want my money back! This is worse than a $100 computer. If I let the display down, it's going to sleep, if I lift it, the laptop is waking but it gets stuck at a photo. I can move the cursor, but I can't do anything, I tried alt+ctrl+delete and a lot of things. Rating: 2/10 :angry: :angry: :angry: