Audio Technica ATH-AG1 Gaming Headset

These or DT880 Premium?

Depends on your useage. Ask here to get more detail about both of these headphones so you know wich one would fit you best.

But the simple questions start allready, do you want a microphone? Where do you use that microphone for? What music do you listen? What games do you play? 

Budget? Answer all these in a new subject in the audio subforum and you will get a nice answer hopefully. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

• 4 weeks later...

How does the sound quality stack up to the Sennheiser HD 598s?

I'll stick with my 50$ Steelseries 4H. They're the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

If you decide on these, you might as well save a few bucks and go for a AD700x and a Blue Snowflake.

Considering that they've dropped in price by 40 USD, have out of the box PS4 compatibility, and are an all-in one solution, these make for a pretty compelling option for those who need something ready to use and don't want to worry about cable management. 

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

• 2 months later...

So, older video I know but I'm finally in a place where I can afford to get these.  My main question, would these sound better going through the included USB DAC/Amp or would having them go through my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card be better?  If I use the USB DAC, then that would probably need to go into a USB hub on my desk due to the short length of the attached cable.

• 2 weeks later...

So, older video I know but I'm finally in a place where I can afford to get these.  My main question, would these sound better going through the included USB DAC/Amp or would having them go through my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card be better?  If I use the USB DAC, then that would probably need to go into a USB hub on my desk due to the short length of the attached cable.

You should be totally fine with the usb dac/amp, you'd probably just be fine with any onboard audio solution within the last ten years it's just that the onboard is just that these headphones may or may not benefit from an amp.

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

• 5 months later...

i recently bought this product and all is great except that the left earcup stopped working, any help?

i recently bought this product and all is great except that the left earcup stopped working, any help?

Anytime something is defective and still under warranty, its best to contact manufacture or seller and get a new one. Assuming its still under warranty.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm a bit new to this forum (been watching linus for quite some time now :P), I was wondering if you guys have any input on the headset. I have read multiple reviews, some of them say the base is not really there, some say its a bit on the strong side. So if anyone has them or has listened to them I would appreciate the info, you can also recommend and other headset for around €250 (That is what these sell for).