Audio Technica ATH-AG1 Gaming Headset

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://georiot.co/H2Q

The ATH-AG1 gaming headset from Audio Technica is a feat of sound engineering. It's the best gaming headset I've heard, and has the best mic I've heard on a gaming headset, but it also comes at a price that I've rarely seen on a gaming headset!

another pair of cheap headphones ;)

(from someone looking at HD650 :P )

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I better not get fooled...again...:P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

If I remember right, then these are a lot like the ATH-A700X (ATH-AD700X for open backed) that Audio Technica also sells.

So the extra you're paying over those versions would go towards a great microphone.

Seems like a nice headset... and that mic!

Linus, have you thought about doing a list of your top 5/10 headsets for gaming? I'd love to see your top picks.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

This headphone compare to beyedynamic custom one pro?Those also have a mic as an accessories.Heck even luke have one

The Audio Technica headband design isn't very friendly to 'pinheads' (No offense Linus) 

are these alot better sound quality than sennheiser high end headsets?

are these alot better sound quality than sennheiser high end headsets?

They are probably similarish sounding to the 558 and most likely not as good as the hd600 and up. But I don't know for sure.

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

If I remember right, then these are a lot like the ATH-A700X (ATH-AD700X for open backed) that Audio Technica also sells.

So the extra you're paying over those versions would go towards a great microphone.

Judging from what Linus said in the video I do not think they are the same headphones. He describes satisfying bass which the AD-700xs do not have by any of the stretch of the imagination. I think they are their own product(and not just a rebadge of the AD-700 with a mic) which is good.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

There's a reason I recommend this to being looking for a headset. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If your gonna get a gaming headset get this.  Otherwise buy a pair of headphones and a mic.

wish i had 400$...

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Well now i know what ill buy next month :P if they are durable this Headsetphone can be my official Gaming cans and i don't have to waste cash on a bunch of Mics ever again!

Still @LinusTech You need to start doing mic tests near Mechanical Keyboards. THAT is very important, and there are too few of those on the net! at least on the Video side.

honestly though, at $300++ for a gaming headset, i'm happy with my H wireless, once i reach that price point, i want a few extra features, not just raw sound/build quality, if this /really is/ a 'gaming' headset that is.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.8Ghz, MoBoROG Maximus VI Formula, Graphics Cards: Dual MSI 4GB@8.5GHz Nvidia GTX 770@1.3GHz , Memory16GB Kingston HyperX @2.4Ghz Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Storage: RAID 0: Seagate Barracuta x2 4TB, PSU: Corsair GS 800, Cooler: Corsair H100i, Case: Antec P280 Peripherals: Triple ASUS VH238H 1080p monitors (5760x1080p), Razer Mamba, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Razer Orbweaver, Steelseries H Wireless
Laptop: ASUS G750JW: CPUQuad-Core i7 4th Gen @3.4Ghz, Memory12GB memory, Storage: 1.5TB Hard Drive (1TB + 500GB), GPU: GTX 765m 2GB-GDDR5

The ATH-AG1 gaming headset from Audio Technica is a feat of sound engineering. It's the best gaming headset I've heard, and has the best mic I've heard on a gaming headset, but it also comes at a price that I've rarely seen on a gaming headset!

I notice this was posted on April Fool's Day.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to get either these or steelseries h wireless. Any suggestions.

I'm looking to get either these or steelseries h wireless. Any suggestions.

If you decide on these, you might as well save a few bucks and go for a AD700x and a Blue Snowflake.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

• 2 months later...