Which GTX 780 Ti to choose?

Gene5is

I think the msi lightning is awesome

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

Doesn't matter how awesome you think it is, the MSI 780 Ti Lightning is not available for retail sale.

sorry forgot that :)

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

Not your fault, blame Nvidia for stopping the release of another amazing card!

What did they do with the lightning that didn't pass the greenlight program? 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Well it was more of what happened previously- with the GTX 660 that initially could be unlocked to a GTX 670 and then the 680 and 780 Lightnings that gave 300% power limits and extended voltage limits for the first week or so. Nvidia cracked down hard on them and MSI made the conscious decision to play their cards with the 290x Lightning this round. They made about 12 or so 780 Ti Lightnings that were given to the best LN2 overclockers to prove a point.

Hello everybody, im back with some results.. i know its been a while but a promise is a promise... 

Here is what i was able to achieve with some small OC.. i flashed a custom BIOS to get all the way up to 1.21volts.. so these are my results so far..

2rml5lh.png

here are some quick pics i also took with my S4(sorry for the quality and the mess in the background =P), some of these might be useful for those of you wondering about the size and stuff..

They came nicely packaged, with all the useful stuff(Drivers, adapters, case badges etc)

20140407_193721_zps047ba6d3.jpg

Both cards, side by side...

20140407_195228_zpsa12d9cd3.jpg+

The card itself

20140407_211031_zps1e01b5aa.jpg

GTX 780 Ti Classy next to my good old EVGA GTX 580 reference with bitspower waterblock for size comparison(these things are MASSIVE):

20140407_194052_zps72d26e9d.jpg

Backplate shot... Amazon sent me the wrong ones (780's classy backplate, not Ti version) but they still fit so i put them for the looks, im getting the proper ones but since amazon is out of stock its going to take like 2-4 weeks so....

Anyways they look almost exactly the same as the Ti backplate and here they are:

20140407_210945_zps6379cd9c.jpg

20140407_211014_zps339efdfc.jpg

Sorry for the long post and bad english but a promise is a promise!...

Cheers, from Asuncion-Paraguay  :)  :D

What store did you get them from in Paraguay? I believe I'll be travelling there in a couple of months, 740$ for a classified 780ti with backplate included is an amazing deal. Thanks for any answers, be as specific as you can. :P

wow, thats an awesome deal,and even with backplates, just wow...

in my country - Hungary - one 780Ti Classy costs around 990 dollars (calculated), the K|NGP|N edition costs 1050 dollars.... oh i love this country...

EDIT: Nevermind.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What store did you get them from in Paraguay? I believe I'll be travelling there in a couple of months, 740$ for a classified 780ti with backplate included is an amazing deal. Thanks for any answers, be as specific as you can. :P

if you want to buy any of these here in paraguay i recommend you to go to Ciudad del Este(its in the crossborder beetween brazil and paraguay) they have the best deals around there...

one of the biggest stores in there is this one => http://www.navenet.com/ 

i know the website looks shitty but they have pretty much everything.. they also got a retail store in asuncion and if they are out of stock they will order from ciudad del este and you'll get your stuff 1 or 2 days later...

also the store is in portuguesse because its a brazilian store located in paraguay =P... they are out of stock atm on 780 ti's

if you dont want to go to ciudad del este you can buy a lot of stuff from this place(located in Asuncion, which is our capital city) => https://www.facebook.com/nanomartasuncion?ref=br_tf the place is called NANO mart and it also got solid deals and a big variety of stuff!.. i hope this helps you if come over here.. 

i buy all my stuff from nano mart because its closer and the price point is really really close to amazon's... (bought my 800D from there @ 300 uss back in the day when it was new, just wow)

i ended up buying mine from amazon @ 750 USS price point and used a couple coupons to get my backplates so i spend 750 on each with backplates! 

PS: We also got the cheapest and the best beer you can find! also the meat and cousine is delicious so i guarantee you will have a good time over here!

CHEERS

PS2:Sorry for my shitty english, i did my best =P

wow, thats an awesome deal,and even with backplates, just wow...

in my country - Hungary - one 780Ti Classy costs around 990 dollars (calculated), the K|NGP|N edition costs 1050 dollars.... oh i love this country...

holy hell thats way too much!.. i guess i love my country more now hehe

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

if you want to buy any of these here in paraguay i recommend you to go to Ciudad del Este(its in the crossborder beetween brazil and paraguay) they have the best deals around there...

one of the biggest stores in there is this one => http://www.navenet.com/ 

i know the website looks shitty but they have pretty much everything.. they also got a retail store in asuncion and if they are out of stock they will order from ciudad del este and you'll get your stuff 1 or 2 days later...

also the store is in portuguesse because its a brazilian store located in paraguay =P... they are out of stock atm on 780 ti's

if you dont want to go to ciudad del este you can buy a lot of stuff from this place(located in Asuncion, which is our capital city) => https://www.facebook.com/nanomartasuncion?ref=br_tf the place is called NANO mart and it also got solid deals and a big variety of stuff!.. i hope this helps you if come over here.. 

i buy all my stuff from nano mart because its closer and the price point is really really close to amazon's... (bought my 800D from there @ 300 uss back in the day when it was new, just wow)

i ended up buying mine from amazon @ 750 USS price point and used a couple coupons to get my backplates so i spend 750 on each with backplates! 

PS: We also got the cheapest and the best beer you can find! also the meat and cousine is delicious so i guarantee you will have a good time over here!

CHEERS

PS2:Sorry for my shitty english, i did my best =P

holy hell thats way too much!.. i guess i love my country more now hehe

thanks, a little confused though. So in the end you bought both your 780ti's with backplates on Amazon? And if you did link me to the seller please, because I can't find that price. What coupons, promotions, etc.

thanks, a little confused though. So in the end you bought both your 780ti's with backplates on Amazon? And if you did link me to the seller please, because I can't find that price. What coupons, promotions, etc.

Yes i ended up buying them on amazon because the warehouse here was out of stock.. and the seller was amazon itself.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9ZRCBO/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i bought them both a month ago(March 31st) and they where at 749,99$ price point.. i used two 25,96$ coupon credits that i got off from previous purchases(cant remember which purchases now though) so i saved myself 40 bucks(backplates costs 20 each)

and to clarify myself a little bit:

Asuncion is the capital city from Paraguay(and where i currently live)... Ciudad del Este is about 360km away from Asuncion but if you have the chance to get there you'll be amazed about how cheap stuff is(specially on the electronics/technology department)

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

You made the right call OP!  The 780Ti Classy is by far the best 780Ti made (well, besides the Kingpin Edition of course) and I'm a huge MSI Lightning fanboy!  Oh well, gotta give credit where its due and EVGA nailed it with the Classified this round...

Btw, you really need to push those suckers harder!  Here are my scores with my original Titans (which I've now had for over a whole year!):

wagc.png

893710_670612312976543_16695893768922423

:D

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

R9 295X2. Dual GPU card, water cooled, $1500. Perfect for you.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

You made the right call OP!  The 780Ti Classy is by far the best 780Ti made (well, besides the Kingpin Edition of course) and I'm a huge MSI Lightning fanboy!  Oh well, gotta give credit where its due and EVGA nailed it with the Classified this round...

Btw, you really need to push those suckers harder!  Here are my scores with my original Titans (which I've now had for over a whole year!):

wagc.png

893710_670612312976543_16695893768922423

:D

if you look closely to both scores scores... on the graphics side i scored 34370 vs your 34422 score.. thats only 52 points of difference and i only oc'd my card to 1202Mhz on core and 1800Mhz on memory!

the real difference comes up to the physics test.. i scored only 10943 vs your 14350 points!... thats a HUGE difference!... damn that 4930k is rocking hard!

anyways you are damn right!.. im only waiting for my waterblocks to push both cards harder!!.. 

oh and thanks i feel like i did the right choice! :)

Personally I would recommend the MSi Gaming Edition, because I'm a MSi fan boy or another great choice would be the ASUS DCII GTX 780 ti.

yup but for the price i got these im not complaining  :D

R9 295X2. Dual GPU card, water cooled, $1500. Perfect for you.

right on the price point but i'd much rather watercool the cards myself with a good waterblock!.. also im kind of an nvidia fanboy so yeah.. thats it haha

Oh I know those 780Ti's will be faster than my Titans but its still damn impressive that over one year later my Titans are still keeping up with the newest flagships available!  Be sure to post up your scores once you get the blocks mounted and start pushing them harder.  Will be cool to see how close I can come!  ;)

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res