Best tablet? £200? teach me about whats important about tablets

matin94

hello, mothers day is coming up and i need to get her a tablet, honestly i think they are waste of fucking time and money which is why i know NOTHING about them

so please help me choose the perfect one for her. obviously i want it to be fast as fuck, and look good too because you know, women!

she uses facebook, plays candy crush.... ( i know FML) and stuff like that, maybe good for movies, good sound quality and the screen has to be good, very good.

Maybe an ipad mini/2 if you can find one around 200$, whats important is the cpu/gpu. Just like a regular computer, you dont want something with a .8ghz cpu. Also weight since you (your mom) will most like be holding it a lot

Personally i love my nexus 7 2013 (using it to type this) though it is 7" instead of the normal 10" so if shes a heavy movie watcher 7" may not be big enough

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Maybe an ipad mini/2 if you can find one around 200$, whats important is the cpu/gpu. Just like a regular computer, you dont want something with a .8ghz cpu. Also weight since you (your mom) will most like be holding it a lot

Personally i love my nexus 7 2013 (using it to type this) though it is 7" instead of the normal 10" so if shes a heavy movie watcher 7" may not be big enough

my budget is £200, not $, its arouind $330, thanks for the advice, ill look into the nexus

If you get an Android tablet make sure it is from a well known brand Like Asus, Samsung and look at the software version

how much is a nexus 7 2012 or 2013 where you are at ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Nexus 7 2013 is really cool, the only issue I have with it - it sucks the battery dry from 100% if I'm not using it for 4-5 days. And yep, if you are not bothered by absence of MicroSD card slot, you can't go wrong with Nexus (I've got myself a 64 Gb USB/microUSB OTG combined flash drive, very handy). 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

around 100, the newest one is 170

Nexus 7 or the Evga Tegra Note 7

is the EVGA any good though? it looks so thick

Nexus 7 or the Evga Tegra Note 7

Nexus 7 2013 is really cool, the only issue I have with it - it sucks the battery dry from 100% if I'm not using it for 4-5 days. And yep, if you are not bothered by absence of MicroSD card slot, you can't go wrong with Nexus (I've got myself a 64 Gb USB/microUSB OTG combined flash drive, very handy). 

If you get an Android tablet make sure it is from a well known brand Like Asus, Samsung and look at the software version

Right, An iPad Mini is 7.9" and its £200, the nexus 7 2013 is £180, Samsung galaxy tablet 7" is £120. Asus ME102A is £170.

who wins out of all of these?

is the EVGA any good though? it looks so thick

Tegra capabilities is so powerful and is pretty food for gaming. If you want enhanced portability get a nexus 7.

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

I would get the iPad or the nexus. The nexus is a great tablet but i would pick the iPad in this case.

Right, An iPad Mini is 7.9" and its £200, the nexus 7 2013 is £180, Samsung galaxy tablet 7" is £120. Asus ME102A is £170.

iPad for web browsing, Nexus 7 for movies.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Nexus 7 for everything

If you want a locked down os go for the iPad

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

really it just depends on your mom, does she like android or ios more? Out of those 4 opinions aside i think the n7 and ipad mini would be the best ones, if you do go for the samsung tab the 8" is the best value

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Nexus is a very tempting choice, just the screen size is kinda, meh. wish there was a 10 inch

nexus 10 lol

5 days standby isnt bad :P

really it just depends on your mom, does she like android or ios more? Out of those 4 opinions aside i think the n7 and ipad mini would be the best ones, if you do go for the samsung tab the 8" is the best value

she couldnt give a fuck of a notice between the two :D i really like the ipad mini  aswell, i think its better built but the samsung is so cheap :/

video quality is better with Galaxy 10.1 and Nexus is better for surfing.

Make sure she has WIFI hotspot set up on her phone so she can use them anywhere

4+ Years on Steam - Profile Name: Nimbus ~l~ Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ~l~ ASUS Z87 Pro ATX Intel Motherboard ~l~ Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Processor ~l~

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3072MB GDDR5 Video Card ~l~ Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules) ~l~

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ~l~ Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 RPM Internal Hard Drive ~l~ Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply ~l~ NZXT Crafted Series Phantom 410 Mid Tower ATX - Black

Don't go Samsung. The UI is not nearly as good as stock android(i own a 2012 nexus 7 and samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0). Also the hardware gets slow pretty quick in Samsung whereas my nexus is still running strong.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)