Asus unveiles new Z87 motherboards for Haswell

Asus's entire z87 motherboard lineup has been unveild for the upcoming Haswell CPU's.

Asus Maximus VI Extreme:

Asus Maximus VI Hero

Asus Maximus VI GeneZ

Asus Z87 Sabertooth

Asus Z87 Gryphon

Asus Z87 Deluxe

Asus Z87i- Deluxe M-ITX

Source:

Asus unveiles New Z87 Motherboards

Character artist in the Games industry.

They seem a bit of a letdown to me

im hoping to get the Maximus VI Extreme, looks like its gonna be a fun spray job to fit the build :P

37519849.jpg

The gold is an interesting departure.  Better than the blue/light blue/white mashup they had for the Z77 line though I think.  I wonder how their 700/8000 series graphics cards will look, since there's nothing currently that really fits in with those boards.  At least a lot of 80+ gold PSUs do match though :D

I agree :/ Looks quite generic and similar to the Ivy Bridge boards.

Quite disappointed with how the Gryphoon looks. It looks just like a stripped down Sabertooth board.

Not a big fan of the yellow color scheme on their mini itx and atx boards. Black and blue was better. 

Ah well...

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Anyone else want plain white PCB's?

I agree :/ Looks quite generic and similar to the Ivy Bridge boards.

Quite disappointed with how the Gryphoon looks. It looks just like a stripped down Sabertooth board.

Not a big fan of the yellow color scheme on their mini itx and atx boards. Black and blue was better. 

Ah well...

I would probably agree if they had just stuck to blue on their Z77 board; but their lineup had like 3 different colors on them.  I wasn't a fan of the baby blue myself.

Personally, I'm waiting if ASUS or any AIB partner of Intel will be releasing a refresh of the X79 boards for IB-E. Haswell is boss though for having 6x Intel SATA 6Gbps ports native. I'd do a single Raid 0 using all 6 of those ports.

would be nice if the ROG boards came standard with screws for the north bridge to allow it to be liquid cooled easier

And just noticed the Maximus VI Extreme has the CMOS battery in the most brilliant position -___- I guess there will probably be a dedicated clear CMOS button though.  At least though they've gotten rid of legacy PCI slots on all their boards except the lowest one.  Been waiting for those to die for a while lol.  It'd be nice to see the clips on the DIMM slots and PCI Express slots match with the colors of the slots on the ROG boards... their other lines have them matching, even the lowest end Z87 board.

ROG board - Just like all the other ROG boards.

Sabertooth - Looks just like the Z77 Sabertooth.

Gyphon - Sabertooth with no armor on mATX.

Deluxe - Golden color scheme, would look really sharp in a military style build with Noctua fans.

ITX - Too much brownish yellow. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I just wish motherboard manufacturers would place at least a x1 PCI-e slot at the very top on their 4-way capable boards. At least so we can have room for a sound card if we do go 4-way graphics.

The new colour scheme for mainstream boards is even weirder than than the old dark blue/light blue/white/black colour scheme they had, other than that they all look almost the same.

The Gryphon is a bit of a letdown considering the hype they tried to put into it and it's just a mainstream mATX board... 

Maximus series still looks good (that's a LOT of SATA ports on the extreme) kinda weird how they got rid of the water block while companies like Gigabyte are just introducing it. 

Sabertooth os just like the Z77 Sabertooth, but it's the only board with a 90 degree USB3 header (WTF?)

Maximus VI Hero has MUCH space for 2 Way SLI/Crossfire :) and Maximus Extreme seems like that there will be 3-way SLI posible with enough space that graphiscard can breathe. Im a big ASUS Fanboy and i have to say the Pro Version looks Interesting.i Wonder if the will be golden capacicators like on Asrock motherboards. Wonder why theres no 4Pin extra connector on the ASUS Maximus Hero. the Maximus Extreme has it. and no right angled USB 3.0 Cables :( i was most excited for the Gryphoon i tought like it's going to be as fast as an Maximus motherboard and has reliability of the Sabertooth. I HATE fans on the motherboard sooo hard. To whic motherboard are you guys looking forward to? I was looking forward to ASUS Rog boards, wel i'm a bit dissapointed but as long as they have the features that they had on Z77 and more im happy :), looking forward to MSI too, theyre Mpower,Big Bang motherboard for X79 was really wel. I hope they will do Gaming series in Z87 too.

And just noticed the Maximus VI Extreme has the CMOS battery in the most brilliant position -___- I guess there will probably be a dedicated clear CMOS button though.

It's in a better position than on the sabertooth at least ^__^

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I personally like them, however, I won't be purchasing them. My Z77 is all I need for now.

Looks boring.. The gold is too outstanding to fit well, i think

Oh yeah a Black&Gold theme build Deus Ex HR style. :wub:

Anyway, what happened to that thing ? 

asus-teaser,0-E-375854-13.png

Struggling to keep track of all the different companies new motherboards! Hopefully buying an mATX one this summer, like the Maximus VI GeneZ and the Gryphon, also like the look of that green Gigabyte one.

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

I just wish motherboard manufacturers would place at least a x1 PCI-e slot at the very top on their 4-way capable boards. At least so we can have room for a sound card if we do go 4-way graphics.

If you do the math, it doesn't work like that if they want to keep it within the ATX/EATX spec.