Modding a non VESA to a vesa

drewtcjones

okay i posted on here no too long ago about buying a non-vesa mount for my acer h236hl. but while looking for one i came across this -> http://www.overclock.net/t/631774/multiple-monitors-club/330

but i have a problem when doing this.. i dont want to screw it up. i have experience with repairing iphones and other mobile devices so i am familiar with taking stuff apart and putting it back together without a problem. but ive never taken apart a monitor. are there any things that i should know before i take it apart? maybe there is some special "technique" on taking monitors apart? what im really asking is how bad can i screw it up? lol

thanks.

original post : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/131151-mounting-a-non-vesa-monitor/#entry1745527

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

This video linus and NCIX made for the G-sync module should be pretty general for opening most monitors, but as for drilling holes and adding washers for the mount, make sure there is nothing in the way of the bolts and washers that are going through that monitor if that's your approach and personally I'd tape over the bolts with electrical tape just as a precautionary measure.

This video linus and NCIX made for the G-sync module should be pretty general for opening most monitors, but as for drilling holes and adding washers for the mount, make sure there is nothing in the way of the bolts and washers that are going through that monitor if that's your approach and personally I'd tape over the bolts with electrical tape just as a precautionary measure.

alright, i remember that video now that you say that. and okay. that was another worry for me. i dont want to put any added pressure on the screen.

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Acer h236hl. I got this monitor because I didn't think I would ever want vesa support, but now I do. I found a couple forums that point to this vesa adapter: http://www.gladiatorjoe.com/ACER-adapter-Bracket-VESA-Pattern-GJ0A0019.htm

I'm in the process of contacting the seller.

I got a superb deal on this display or I would not have bought it without vesa. The gladiator guy has NEVER answered any of my inquiries through several channels, but a guy on the Star Citizen forums swears that it comes with several attachments, and one works for this display. I'm about to pull the trigger.

I got a superb deal on this display or I would not have bought it without vesa. The gladiator guy has NEVER answered any of my inquiries through several channels, but a guy on the Star Citizen forums swears that it comes with several attachments, and one works for this display. I'm about to pull the trigger.

I haven't heard back from him either. Tell me how it goes. I may follow suit.

Did you ever find out if this vesa adapter works?