A Dogecoin-sponsored NASCAR is happening after group raises more than $44,700

AlexGoesHigh

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5546662/a-dogecoin-sponsored-nascar-is-happening-after-group-raises-more-than-44-thousand-dollars

Social site Reddit is no stranger to raising funds for various projects, though this latest one may be the most unlikely yet. After noticing NASCAR driver Josh Wise was sponsorless, members of /r/Dogecoin — a part of Reddit for tracking the cryptocurrency — decided to pool money together to sponsor it themselves. After less than a week, the group's now hit that goal, and raised more than $44,700. That includes an accidental $13,500 donation by the founder of payments service Moolah.io, who added an extra zero to his contribution, though stuck with the mistake and offered others who matched 10 percent of it with a pass to the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama.

A RACECAR WITH DOGE ON IT

The funding includes plans to wrap the outside of the stock car with Dogecoin branding, a design project that's been sourced by Redditors in that group. The Dogecoin logo itself features a cartoonish version of the Shiba Inu dog, which was the top internet meme last year. That dog, which is actually named Kabosu, lives in Japan with its owner who teaches kindergarten. The cryptocurrency named after the meme and featuring Kabosu's likeness was introduced last December, and is valued far lower than the more well-known Bitcoin.

The NASCAR funding effort is not directly affiliated with the Dogecoin Foundation, a non-profit group set up to work on charitable projects. So far that group has raised $20,000 to provide children in need with service dogs, as well as another project for clean drinking water in Kenya.
concept design of the car: http://imgur.com/a/IuLNe#0

CcGC9an.png

ok i knew the dogecoin guys are into donation and what not but i din't expect to become a mayor sponsor of a nascar team o_0

such dedication

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I wish it were a more well known driver but it's still col that it's a Ford

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

such speed

much shock

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This is amazing. Just shows the power of a strong community.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Lol. I've a friend who loves NASCAR and hates doge with a passion. This is gonna piss him off so badly :D

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

.. Every time i see that f***ing doge meme anywhere i just want to punch something..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

.. Every time i see that f***ing doge meme anywhere i just want to punch something..

Well then... you have a lot of punching to do... try not to ruin your hands for life....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well then... you have a lot of punching to do... try not to ruin your hands for life....

They are already ruined.. I had a bad karate instructor.

The doge meme is just so horribly overused.. It was funny when it started.. But now it's just irritating beyond belief  <_<

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

They are already ruined.. I had a bad karate instructor.

The doge meme is just so horribly overused.. It was funny when it started.. But now it's just irritating beyond belief  <_<

That's why it's still used. I don't think anyone finds the meme itself funny. But people love seeing other people cringe at its use.

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

That's why it's still used. I don't think anyone finds the meme itself funny. But people love seeing other people cringe at its use.

Then i guess i can call that a mission a success.. I cringe so hard at that meme that my eyebrows touch my chin.. 

much wow, such stupid, bloody really????  I think this has got a tiny tiny bit out of hand imo.  But good luck to them!!!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

but, but but but... its a ford 

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Actually there is a few races when they have to turn right but the way the car is made is that the frame is tilted to the Left to help balance the car at high speeds in the turns. they use this on Go Karts, Dirt Track (sprint cars/ trucks) and much more. so thats why they can only turn left. 

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

This. I fucking hate that god damned meme.

Anytime I see someone use that god damned fucking meme I block them, if they have an avatar related to it or speak with that "much wow" bullshit

BANNED fuck that meme.

I would actually watch nascar just for that ... i wonder if the announcer's would follow the meme when talking about the team

Its all about those volumetric clouds