LinusTechTips gamer clan?

So, move the topic as you want moderators if you think this is in the wrong section of the forum, but I was noticing people making clans, adding servers and having so much fun while doing it while their community grows bigger and bigger each day, since i couldn't find any clan related stuff on the forums even with google search, i thinked, well, why not to make a clan?

Some people like me would like to donate, build and maintain server, think about it, we could expand Linus Tech Tips community itself.

It is new, it is awesome, and would be a good upgrade to the forums, especially when the official LTT portal comes in.

Our tag ingame should be [LTT] or /LTT/. You can agree on that below this post, or we could even make subclans that have different names, tags, but are directly related to the forums, or actually, directly linking other people's clans to the forums (if they agree to co-operate ofcourse)

We could have Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 2, and Minecraft server in the beggining, expenses wouldn't be big, arround 16 players on cod with 4-5 best maps, and some minecraft plugins, i remember adcraft, it displays ad's on your server and just pays itself, we could have a dedicated subforum for the servers, and as our clan grows, we could expand our server, i know, i know, it is just idea. But if we try, we could make this work. What do you think guys?

1+ agree!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

1+ agree!

Wow man, you like to respond to other peoples post very fast, thanks, i really like that someone agrees with me.

We could have Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 2, and Minecraft server in the beggining

CS:GO!

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

We should do this, imagine like next year we get invited to big thing like Dreamhack or Dota 2 ti and such.. it could happen.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I'd like to see some Battlefield servers in the future please!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I'd like to see some Battlefield servers in the future please!

Why not man, we could add infinity of servers to our forums, and we would rule the interwebzz! Yes, but isn't like a battlefield 3,4 expensive? I still vote for 48 players :D

I agree with this completely, I'd like to see some Gmod and CS:S servers. 

I agree with this completely, I'd like to see some Gmod and CS:S servers. 

Gmod, ofcourse and TF2 all the way, but we gotta start small, and grow, it really depends on donations, i think someone should donate 5 dollars and get vip on the servers for it, that way we could get money for the clan, and promote those who do it ;)

I have a Minecraft Server up for the forum guys. It's an unofficial one. 

It's not Vanillia though.

It's FTB Unleashed Version 1.1.7 

Minecraft Version 1.5.2

It's not white-listed, plus there's a 30 slot mumble for when people are playing. 

Game Server IP: 

108.174.60.68:25865

Mumble Server IP:

Port: 64765

Rules of the server are just respect each other, and each others stuff. Most of all Have fun! 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I have a Minecraft Server up for the forum guys. It's an unofficial one. 

It's not Vanillia though.

It's FTB Unleashed Version 1.1.7 

Minecraft Version 1.5.2

It's not white-listed, plus there's a 30 slot mumble for when people are playing. 

Game Server IP: 

108.174.60.68:25865

Mumble Server IP:

Port: 64765

Rules of the server are just respect each other, and each others stuff. Most of all Have fun! 

If you would co-operate with us that would be great, we would have minecraft ftb server, we don't need mumble tho, we already have our teamspeak, you're wastin your money on that one :)

So if we look, my post already got us a nice server, well, who knew? We could gather a bunch of server from people on the forums and minimize our costs even more :D Thanks man.

Should i make a poll about having a clan or not?

Don't forgot CS:S!

Eh, CS:GO is the future.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why not man, we could add infinity of servers to our forums, and we would rule the interwebzz! Yes, but isn't like a battlefield 3,4 expensive? I still vote for 48 players :D

I'm not sure how much it costs to rent a server, never really looked into it.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

But I am still only on CS:S :(

Well, you should've jumped on one of those 80% discounts then.

Spoiler

I'm not sure how much it costs to rent a server, never really looked into it.

It's expensive... Let me tell you. For decent hosting it's rather expensive. 

For your guys ideas i highly suggest Fragnet Hosting.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

There is a LTT BF4 platoon up and running, but it is going to hit the member cap pretty soon. Mind you, there are a lot of smaller platoons that were registered with LTT/LTTF tags but never really got off the ground. The thing with large LTT clans is that often there is a huge split between NA and EU players that makes it a tad difficult to play together.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

There is a LTT BF4 platoon up and running, but it is going to hit the member cap pretty soon. Mind you, there are a lot of smaller platoons that were registered with LTT/LTTF tags but never really got off the ground. The thing with large LTT clans is that often there is a huge split between NA and EU players that makes it a tad difficult to play together.

Yeah, Maybe an EU division and a NA division? Time zones (and latency) suck.

Yeah, Maybe an EU division and a NA division? Time zones (and latency) suck.

LTT-NA and LTT-EU? We don't need to do that for minecraft server, but for others, why not?

I really like this idea.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

im totally for this idea  :D

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Would love to join a modded survival server for Minecraft :) , something with a lot of tech mods like Direwolf20. Anything with Applied Energistics, Industrial and Buildcraft, Computer craft and Thaumcraft, I'm game.

[i7 4770k] [Maximus VI Hero] [1x8 Corsair Vengance] [EVGA Gtx 780 Ti w/ ACX Cooler] [HAF XB] [1Tb Caviar Green, 1Tb Barracude, 128Gb 840 Pro

[CM GS800] [2x Dell 2240SL] [Hyper 212] [CM Quickfire XT] [Logitech G400s] [HyperX Cloud Pro]