Nvidia GTC press event

GoodBytes

Live. Event. - Ended
Video Live feed: http://www.twitch.tv/nvidia

Nvidia presents NVLink with next next generation GPU which boost PCI-E express to solve bottleneck with the CPU and between GPU and GPU

GTC-2014-014.jpg
nv1.PNG

Presents Memory chip build on a chip 3D Memory:
nv2.PNG
Shows the development of increase bandwidth.

Nvidia calls the chip that will use the GPU: Blaise Pascal - creator of Mechanical Calculator, and more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal

Next generation GPU -> Pascal:
nv3.PNG
GTC-2014-020_575px.jpg

AnandTech notes on Pascal (I am following this as well).

The Pascal prototype appears to be almost all power regulation circuitry, other than the chip itself. No memory is seen off of the package

GPU Roadmap:
nv4.PNG

Nvidia talks about AI technologies
GTC-2014-022_575px.jpg

nv5.PNG

nv6.PNG

Still talking about GPGPU and AI and use case situation with advance processing/

Nvidia talks about Google R&D:
nv7.PNG

1 Yottaflop is approximately 1,000,000 exaflops
nv8.PNG

Nvidia talking about neural network to implement computer learning and training (SkyNet anyone)
nv9.PNG
Doing a Demo with image analysis.

Doesn't get confused... somewhat.
Marked the Italian flag and the PSP Vista as Nvidia products. (Oups!) Nvidia CEO laugth
nv10.PNG

Shows a demo that it can identify dog breeds based on pictures.
nv11.PNG]http://www.helpweaver.com/nv11.PNG]
Other dogs was showed.

nv12.PNG

nv13.PNG

nv14.PNG
Titan selling like hot cakes. Gamers buy it, and researching buys it for their studies and R&D as it's easily accessible in retail stores.

Dual TITAN! Titan Z - 3 slot of goodness
nv15.PNG
nv16.PNG
0.50$ a processor

nv17.PNG
Need a super computer on your desk. This is what to get, Nvidia says.

Pixar uses Nvidia GPU's to to 3D rendering and Physics simulation for the best looking visuals.
nv18.PNG
250h to render. Large part of time is due to physics calculations

Live simulation (graphics + physics):
Wale jumping out
nv19.PNG
nv20.PNG
Simulates jellyfish and plecton as well as water, particle system, foam generators, water, and so on

First Real time phsyics solves, liquid, solid, and all working between each other
nv21.PNG
nv22.PNG
nv23.PNG

Shows turbulence, wind, gravity
nv24.PNG

Volumetric rendering fire (32 million voxel (little cube in 3D space))
nv25.PNG
Each cube contain information about temperature and all sort of information which make it burn when it needs to, and interaction with objects:
nv26.PNG

New game engine by Unreal Engine 4 demo showing Nvidia gamework phsyics implemented.

nv27.PNG

How it looks like without light simulation (no graphical tricks as it's been done in games now)
nv28.PNG

Photo realistic rendering
One is photographic the other is GPU.
nv29.PNG

nv30.PNG
Left one is computer generated.

nv31.PNG
8 GPU "only"

Handa showing the product in action
nv32.PNG
nv33.PNG
Shows the product photo realistic but all live render.
a billion ray, bounding form 0 to several thousands.
1 Petaflops
Half a billion dollars to do 6 years, now runs on only 19 IRAY VCA

The car is not a model, It's fully rendered, and be cut at any portion
nv34.PNG

Inside car
nv35.PNG

nv36.PNG

Gets your for 50k each.
nv37.PNG

Other demo, showing picture they took on the stage, and imported the stage picture in IRAY VCA
nv38.PNG

GRID! Cloud GPU rendering
nv39.PNG

Various VMWare platforms (ESX, Horizon, Horizon Daas) now all runs on GRID
nv40.PNG
Coming next year.

CUDA on mobile phone and devices.
nv41.PNG

10 of the Top 10 supercomputers runs on Nvidia

Tegra K1 supports it.
"Super computer on a chip [...] just much much more slowly" (he meets in features)
nv42.PNG

nv43.PNG
shows implementation in car for security purposes by analyzing object (people, cars, objects)

nv44.PNG
Jetson TK1 Dev skit. Comes with Linux, mini Super computer - 192$ (192 cores, that's the joke).

Comes with Nvidia VisionWorks API to recognize objects corners and such
nv45.PNG

Erista - Based on Maxwell GPU. Faster and more power efficient
nv46.PNG

Audi needed supercomputer to drive future cars. Audi partner with Nvidia (as we know) to deliver this thanks to CUDA on Tegra K1. Self Driving car
nv47.PNG
Shows object recognition to find empty spot, and cars in parking lot.

nv48.PNG
Audio brings self piloted car come on stage (no one inside)
nv49.PNG

Left -> Old computer
Right (white box) is now all the computational it needs
nv50.PNG

nv51.PNG

GPS and CD player is extra.

Valve's Portal game now on Nvidia Shield
nv52.PNG

Nvidia is giving a free Nvidia Shield to the audience.

End of Conference.

Noting on Maxwell. Sorry guys :/

@legopc

@

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Pascal? I bet nooone saw that one xD

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

holy crap that is fast but on topic AAAAAAAAAAAAW YEAAAAAAAAH ALL ZE GPU OMNOMNOMNOM

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Well, it seems like Pascal is still years away, so Maxwell is coming first

Goddammit, tell us something about high-end Maxwell!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Well, it seems like Pascal is still years away, so Maxwell is coming first

Goddammit, tell us something about high-end Maxwell!

patience..

pascal skynet

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

oh baby 3d memory

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Either that guy works out alot or likes to wear tight shirts.

Isn't Pascal to be called volta? Did they changed it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Dual titans? Not exactly what I expected either still nice. Give us 880 already :D

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

fucking TITAN Z!!!!

2x GTX Titan Black on one card

144Hz goodness

i just came

7J2cI.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

TITAN Z HOLY BALLS 

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

a bigass titan core cooled by a single fan ,GOOD JOB...

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

And now we're back to triple slot graphics cards

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

2999 dolaridoos

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."