Corsair Obsidian 450D Review

@LinusTech.

Is it just me or does it seems like they reused the back piece and motherboard tray from the Carbide 300R? It really looks like it. The back looks EXACTLY the same (also with the convex rear exhaust), same for the mobo tray (they both even have only 4 cable tie points). If they reused these two pieces, it explains why it does not have the cable space behind the mobo tray as much as other Obsidians have.

Wtf I can't find this ANYWHERE. I checked Newegg, NCIX, Corsair's website, EVERYWHERE. I can't find it! I really want it for my build which i will be ordering in 3 days!

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Wtf I can't find this ANYWHERE. I checked Newegg, NCIX, Corsair's website, EVERYWHERE. I can't find it! I really want it for my build which i will be ordering in 3 days!

dont worry, it will be there in 2 day time at the worst. Probably tomorrow or later today depending on where you are

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

this case or the fractal design R4 in black pearl with a windows?

FD Arc Midi R2 w/ Window ;) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The NZXT H440 put this case and basically any other similarly sized cases to shame. $120 for more and better.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1iY06lw

Amazon:http://georiot.co/2Qla

The Obsidian 450D from Corsair packs a phenomenal amount of liquid cooling support into a relatively small and light enclosure that also happens to be so simple to build in that my wife can do it.

(sorry for those of you viewing before the video goes live. It's embargoed until 6am Pacific TIme March 25th.

Hey Linus, what kind of ram that you put in that case with the blue LED?

@LinusTech.

Is it just me or does it seems like they reused the back piece and motherboard tray from the Carbide 300R? It really looks like it. The back looks EXACTLY the same (also with the convex rear exhaust), same for the mobo tray (they both even have only 4 cable tie points). If they reused these two pieces, it explains why it does not have the cable space behind the mobo tray as much as other Obsidians have.

bingo ;)

Hey Linus, what kind of ram that you put in that case with the blue LED?

Dominator Platinum.

with mesh

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I like it, and will probably get one.  Just wish they would have kept the regular Obsidian front panel. It looks more clean IMO.  

Definitely looks better with the filter on top.  I bet their going to sell a tone of these.

Dam this case iv just got a 350D as it would do me fine but the better venting on the front and slightly bigger case I would of got this if I had known about it :/

Like this case very much, might get one, enermax Vegs fans would look really nice in the front with this case...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

How much bigger is this gonna be over the 350D? Becuase I don't mind needing an mATX mobo, I just want a relatively small and great looking case.

Other than that, great video Linus, can't wait to see it come out!

lol the best part is the line about having to pay for sex...

I wouldn't even bother with this case, go buy a Fractal Define R4, Fractal Arc Midi R2, or an NZXT H440. They are all the same price and much better in terms of quality and features.

If only this case was out a month or so after the release of the 350D....

The Syndicate

I like the case but I don't love it. I was really hoping for a mid tower version of the 350D/750D. with the blank front panel and cleaner lines. I say this because I love the 350D but it's to small, and I love the 750D but its to big. I'm just not a huge fan of the mesh on the 450D. overall it just looks a bit cheap for an Obsidian case.

I'm glad to see someone thinks the same way as me on this. but here is my you tube comment. I'm just going to copy paste it to save time....

"To answer your question Linus.... I think the case looks better with the mesh fan filter on at the top. Also, I absolutely love this case! I'm about to build a new system and I really like the look of the obsidian series cases. I always thought the 750D was a little too big and the 350D was a little too small. So 450 is defiantly the right size for me. However, why did corsair do that to the front? I love the plain look of the other obsidian cases, but I don't really like of the 450D front panel. Yes, I know it gives the case more air flow, but I would sacrifice the air flow for a cleaner look in the front. I'd also be willing to pay a little more money to get a front panel that is a solid piece of brushed aluminum like the 350D,750D, and 900D. Please corsair, make a 450D with a solid front panel like the other cases, or at least make a solid front panel available to purchase separately . Anyone agree with me?"

Did Brandon filmed this with 48 or 60 FPS ? Because it looks smooth. 

And my white 500R is more expensive than this..I'm surprised that 450D can't fit a 140mm fan at the rear.

FD Arc Midi R2 w/ Window ;)

Damn, that is really nice. You made it even more confusing now. :(

Both are nice, but the Arc Midi R2 is better for airflow than the Define R4, so i might go for that one. 

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro