Summer 2014 Plans!

Hey Guys,

This summer will mark the first anniversary of my first PC build, I built the original system on a serious budget and managed to put together with the following parts:

Case: Cooler Master K380
CPU: AMD FX 6350
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer Pro 7
GPU: Sapphire 1GB AMD HD 7790
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze

SSD: 64Gb Crucial M4

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8Gb (2x4Gb) 1600MHz

I have purchased another SSD throughout the year (a 120Gb Crucial M500) 

But with having a bit more money available now, I wish to upgrade, and want to know what the community think of my plans, I cannot really go above the amount of funding I have listed on the PCPartPicker list, but if anyone has any ideas on how this could be optimised or refined please share :) ! If you would like to see my current build please just ask!

So here it is: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/DJFern/saved/49Gv

Thanks Guys 

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

Hey Guys,

This summer will mark the first anniversary of my first PC build, I built the original system on a serious budget and managed to put together with the following parts:

Case: Cooler Master K380

CPU: AMD FX 6350

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer Pro 7

GPU: Sapphire 1GB AMD HD 7790

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze

SSD: 64Gb Crucial M4

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8Gb (2x4Gb) 1600MHz

I have purchased another SSD throughout the year (a 120Gb Crucial M500) 

But with having a bit more money available now, I wish to upgrade, and want to know what the community think of my plans, I cannot really go above the amount of funding I have listed on the PCPartPicker list, but if anyone has any ideas on how this could be optimised or refined please share :) ! If you would like to see my current build please just ask!

Thanks Guys 

Always plan 1 week or less earlier, many things can change untill that, price/ new hardware and stuff.

and Fx6350?, srsly?, pay extra bucks for OC, NO, try harder next summer

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Looks good to me, welcome to LTT :) !

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

build looks great

skip the ssd and invest in a better GPU

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Always plan 1 week or less earlier, many things can change untill that, price/ new hardware and stuff.

and Fx6350?, srsly?, pay extra bucks for OC, NO, try harder next summer

The AMD FX 6350 was the best bang for buck I could afford last year (I was a 17 year old student working 5 hours a week at a local supermarket) surprisingly the 6350 has managed to hold itself quite well, I am a student music producer and am quite surprised how well my gaming rig can keep up with the i7 in my macbook..  

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

build looks great

skip the ssd and invest in a better GPU

Thanks for the input, I have already purchased the SSD and am loving it, with windows 8.1 my system currently boots in under 8 seconds on a good day :) but yeah, GPU wise what would you change it out for?

Thanks for the input, I have already purchased the SSD and am loving it, with windows 8.1 my system currently boots in under 8 seconds on a good day :) but yeah, GPU wise what would you change it out for?

anything more powerful really

by summer time im pretty sure 7xxx cards wont be available only 2xx cards which are pretty much the same

also by summer time nvidia maxwell cards might get released those will be seriously great cards

i also would like to add that Used hardware when on a budget isnt a bad idea

my GTX 570  was bought used in 2011 and still works great

but if your not comfortable buying used then i would recommend anything faster than a 7790 that card isnt really fast

something like a 280 or 280x would be great

EDIT

and wow that cooler still exists i remember that cooler back in 2006 xD

still a good cooler pretty much anything other than than stock is better

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The AMD FX 6350 was the best bang for buck I could afford last year (I was a 17 year old student working 5 hours a week at a local supermarket) surprisingly the 6350 has managed to hold itself quite well, I am a student music producer and am quite surprised how well my gaming rig can keep up with the i7 in my macbook..  

The i7 in a laptop is nowhere near the performance levels of a Desktop CPU.

Now about you build....

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/DJFern/saved/49Gv

CPU: Upgrade to a 8350 or go Intel

CPU Cooler: Save money and get a 212 Evo

Mobo: a bit too much for the CPU you going to go with. A lower end model should work fine.

Video Card: is good if you can afford it but the 6350 might bottleneck.

Save on those fans, the H440 comes with a buttload already.

yeah ... not true ... at least with not without ocing ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

anything more powerful really

by summer time im pretty sure 7xxx cards wont be available only 2xx cards which are pretty much the same

also by summer time nvidia maxwell cards might get released those will be seriously great cards

i also would like to add that Used hardware when on a budget isnt a bad idea

my GTX 570  was bought used in 2011 and still works great

but if your not comfortable buying used then i would recommend anything faster than a 7790 that card isnt really fast

something like a 280 or 280x would be great

EDIT

and wow that cooler still exists i remember that cooler back in 2006 xD

still a good cooler pretty much anything other than than stock is better

Yeah, the 7xxx series cards are essentially dead now, I love the performance of my flatmate's stock r9 290x but the heat and noise that card gives is just terrible. I would like to go for this card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-238-MS 

As for the cooler, one of my friends found it lying in his spare parts box, it works a dream, under full load I have never seen my  CPU go above 65 degrees.   

Now about you build....

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/DJFern/saved/49Gv

CPU: Upgrade to a 8350 or go Intel

CPU Cooler: Save money and get a 212 Evo

Mobo: a bit too much for the CPU you going to go with. A lower end model should work fine.

Video Card: is good if you can afford it but the 6350 might bottleneck.

Save on those fans, the H440 comes with a buttload already.

CPU: My plan is to see how much student finance I get in september and then maybe move up to the 8xxx series or 9xxx series

CPU Cooler: That is something I will look into!

Mobo: I just feel with what I said above about the CPU that the Crosshair board maybe the best option

Video Card: My current budget will allow

Fans: Yes, I was a bit worried about the overall heat of system with the 290x in there and thought maybe static pressure fans would be a good idea?

It's good, but you're going to need to swap out that 6350.

Putting it under an h100, on a Crosshair V, with a 290X is...not the best way to go.

I would probably go with a Sabertooth or UD5 board instead of Crosshair.

ahh summer time
attachicon.gifJQkNx3V.gif

feels more like

B6snN5f.jpg?1

jk that's everyday

Error: 410

Mobile CPUs are usually a little lower on clock speeds and are usually dual cores for 4 threads. 

The i7 2.9GHz in my Macbook Pro, when teamed up with a Crucial M500 SSD outperforms my universities' Mac's Processor on it's performance in Pro Tools HD 11 

Yeah, the 7xxx series cards are essentially dead now, I love the performance of my flatmate's stock r9 290x but the heat and noise that card gives is just terrible. I would like to go for this card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-238-MS 

As for the cooler, one of my friends found it lying in his spare parts box, it works a dream, under full load I have never seen my  CPU go above 65 degrees.   

CPU: My plan is to see how much student finance I get in september and then maybe move up to the 8xxx series or 9xxx series

CPU Cooler: That is something I will look into!

Mobo: I just feel with what I said above about the CPU that the Crosshair board maybe the best option

Video Card: My current budget will allow

Fans: Yes, I was a bit worried about the overall heat of system with the 290x in there and thought maybe static pressure fans would be a good idea?

1. Upgrading the CPU later is always fine

2. Its a great cooler Cooler master 212 EVO and high static pressure fans on it for a push/pull to make it an even better cooler.

3. When you get the 8xxx chip it will be good for OCing :D

4&5. If you are worried about the heat then water the GPU before the CPU as the Hawaii chips get really hot. Put a G10 on the GPU and use a Kraken x40 to Water cool it.

It's good, but you're going to need to swap out that 6350.

Putting it under an h100, on a Crosshair V, with a 290X is...not the best way to go.

I would probably go with a Sabertooth or UD5 board instead of Crosshair.

feels more like

B6snN5f.jpg?1

jk that's everyday

May I ask why you have a preference to the Sabertooth and UD5 over the Crosshair? :)

The i7 2.9GHz in my Macbook Pro, when teamed up with a Crucial M500 SSD outperforms my universities' Mac's Processor on it's performance in Pro Tools HD 11 

Well what CPU is in them? 

May I ask why you have a preference to the Sabertooth and UD5 over the Crosshair? :)

Beyond those two you don't get much more for your money. 

Error: 410

1. Upgrading the CPU later is always fine

2. Its a great cooler Cooler master 212 EVO and high static pressure fans on it for a push/pull to make it an even better cooler.

3. When you get the 8xxx chip it will be good for OCing :D

4&5. If you are worried about the heat then water the GPU before the CPU as the Hawaii chips get really hot. Put a G10 on the GPU and use a Kraken x40 to Water cool it.

Thanks for the reply! I understand the CPU is not the greatest, but as I say... for £80 last year, it really has excelled my expectations. As for the cooler, I just never really thought about looking at anyone other than Corsair, they are just the brand I think of when thinking of closed loop coolers, and as for your replies to 4 and 5, that was the plan I had (and my flatmate is also thinking of doing that with his reference 290x) except I thought about adding a double 120mm loop as the case will allow it. 

Beyond those two you don't get much more for your money. 

Thanks for the reply! I understand the CPU is not the greatest, but as I say... for £80 last year, it really has excelled my expectations. As for the cooler, I just never really thought about looking at anyone other than Corsair, they are just the brand I think of when thinking of closed loop coolers, and as for your replies to 4 and 5, that was the plan I had (and my flatmate is also thinking of doing that with his reference 290x) except I thought about adding a double 120mm loop as the case will allow it. 

Well the 212 Evo is a good air cooler to save you some money but in the end if you go Water cooling I recommend two NZXT Kraken x40 for your build. The x40 is thick and fits a 140mm fan. One component only needs 1 140mm sized Rad. Cheaper and more room for Hard drives.

• 3 weeks later...

In the information era, people’s life is filled with hustles and bustles. Sometimes we just want a quiet environment to enjoy ourselves. Then you may need this cell jammer masking for acoustic interference against listening devices.