google fiber in canada?

Evostatic343

canadian isps in general suck

You are not wrong at all lol...

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

nope contacted my isp today they said 250mb/s download

if your only getting 800kbs on a 250mbps plan you should 100% call your isp... thts 100% not right

direct to their modem should get you close to 100 mbps via speed tests, no real way of testing 250mbps over speedtests tho as far as im concerned.

As Vltamin said, that's utterly ridiculous and I'd be on the phone stat!

If you're not even reaching the speeds of their lowest plans like the 10mb or 25mb packages then they either need to fix it or just cancel, otherwise you're paying an extortionate amount for what you are receiving...

Just noticed you're in North Van? Novus haven't gotten across there yet have they? Or are they still just in the Downtown core?

As Vltamin said, that's utterly ridiculous and I'd be on the phone stat!

If you're not even reaching the speeds of their lowest plans like the 10mb or 25mb packages then they either need to fix it or just cancel, otherwise you're paying an extortionate amount for what you are receiving...

Just noticed you're in North Van? Novus haven't gotten across there yet have they? Or are they still just in the Downtown core?

havent heard of novus. what are they?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

havent heard of novus. what are they?

http://www.novusnow.ca/internet/

It's FTTB but I'm not sure it's available outside the downtown core yet?

I have the 50mb package and it's actually 50mb so no complaints from me :)

3405669184.png

Google Fiber won't, but equivalent services will. OneGigabit is a Vancouver startup currently only serving apartment buildings and newly built communities. If there's enough demand, they'll expand to residential housing (individual homes). 

@tp95112 Contrary to the name, Bell Fibe isn't Fiber. Bell Alliant though, has actual Fiber connections at atrocious prices, and only serves eastern Canada. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

http://www.novusnow.ca/internet/

It's FTTB but I'm not sure it's available outside the downtown core yet?

I have the 50mb package and it's actually 50mb so no complaints from me :)

3405669184.png

would wifi connectivity affect my speeds?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

3406416854.png

also there is alot of divices on my internet could that effect it?

Google Fiber won't, but equivalent services will. OneGigabit is a Vancouver startup currently only serving apartment buildings and newly built communities. If there's enough demand, they'll expand to residential housing (individual homes). 

@tp95112 Contrary to the name, Bell Fibe isn't Fiber. Bell Alliant though, has actual Fiber connections at atrocious prices, and only serves eastern Canada. 

Bell Fibe is FTTN (Fiber to the Neighbourhood) with vDSL from the remote to your house, with the exception of their Fibe 175/175 package, which isn't available outside of the Core GTA area and maybe a few other locations.

With that in mind, many locations don't even have FTTN yet, so while the "package" might be 15/10, you'll only get 15/1. My area is one of the locations where FTTN isn't available yet via Bell. They advertise 15/10 available but the best I could see, even with a vDSL modem, according to the techs, would be something like 15/2 or 15/4.

I recently switched to Cable (Rogers is the incumbent) which has 150/15. This is also a form of FTTN using DOCSIS 3.0. Granted, this is all in Ontario.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i live in vancouver canada just like linus. i have 250mbs coming into my house via tv cable then it is converted to ethernet via a modem. its really shitty internet imo. will google fiber ever come to canada? 

Are you kidding me 250mb is the top tier consumer grade fibre in Saskatchewan so boo fricken hoo to you.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Yea I am east coast and with Bell Aliant, it is a fiber line right into the house :) on thier 50mb up / 30mb down plan; $70/mth, no data limit.

Are you kidding me 250mb is the top tier consumer grade fibre in Saskatchewan so boo fricken hoo to you.

Guess you didn't actually read the thread, he's only getting 25Mb/s down.

OP: No clue what to tell you, other than to call and complain.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Guess you didn't actually read the thread, he's only getting 25Mb/s down.

If it is only 25mb my response changes to Na na na NA na I got fibre in the middle of nowhere and you don't got it in the big city. :)

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

If it is only 25mb my response changes to Na na na NA na I got fibre in the middle of nowhere and you don't got it in the big city. :)

His plan is 250Mb/s, he's only getting 25Mb/s.

I can get 250/20 here, and a few neighbourhoods can get 350Mb/s up and down.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

His plan is 250Mb/s, he's only getting 25Mb/s.

I can get 250/20 here, and a few neighbourhoods can get 350Mb/s up and down.

How much does it cost for those speeds?

How much does it cost for those speeds?

Package / Download / Upload / Data cap7RrLm.png

15" MBP TB